Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I'm certainly no parent, but sounds like you were doing what you thought was best, right? We can only act on information we have, and all you knew is that your daughter was being a snob. So you were looking out for her.
I think one thing you could take away from this is the fact that she choose to cut herself off from a "drunk tail-chaser" by her own choice. Shows some maturity there, and who raised her? I think you can be forgiven for looking out for your daughter, when she's a pretty good example of good parenting.
Just saying. /hug
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, you're not a mind reader. If she would have thought you were badgering her too much, she would have told you sooner. Now put that bottle down, we already know you're daughter doesn't want to hang out with a boozer.
Maybe now is a good time to make that Rum Cake??
Old 08-24-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys... I still feel like a big jerk, though.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Maybe now is a good time to make that Rum Cake??
pfft, any time is a good time for rum cake, and don't get me started.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

BTW Mern, I appreciate your rose colored glasses.

Quinn, I too got into it with a friend. He's one of those that would rather text than talk so I have the entire ass chewing in text. I thought about posting the picture of it up for entertainment but... if y'all think our locker room talk is bad, ha ha me calling him out was BAD, but funny.

My kitchen is closed, it has to be. I'm at my limit!

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient in 6 days (log food for those 6 days):too many, -934, -612
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 0, 3, 0
6) gallon of water a day: no, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no
9) daily:
fish oil yes, no, yes
vitamin yes, no, yes
floss yes, yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (maybe 1), yes (2), yes (2)
11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0), yes (4), no (3)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake), nope, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-24-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Kids really need to come with an Owner's Manual!
What, you didn't get yours?

Next you'll be telling me you didn't get the crystal ball, either .

In all seriousness, you taught your daughter that parents make mistakes and it's not good to jump to conclusions when you don't have all the information. Not bad for a day's work, I say.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
What, you didn't get yours?

Next you'll be telling me you didn't get the crystal ball, either .

In all seriousness, you taught your daughter that parents make mistakes and it's not good to jump to conclusions when you don't have all the information. Not bad for a day's work, I say.
um, did I miss your update?
Old 08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
um, did I miss your update?
What, my check in? No sir; I've been balls to the wall since late this afternoon and haven't had time to do it; jumping back and forth here to check in while writing a report due tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight but may be tomorrow...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

1. Stay below 1300 cals/day. 1244, 1305 (close enough), 1292
2. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, except for a frozen yogurt, Yes, except for froyo again--band night; had to support!
3. Reasonably balance pie chart. It's perfect today!, Yes, Yes
4. Eat 25 g fiber daily, at least. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise 7 times. Weights & stationary bike, Cardio Tennis, Hiking & Cardio Tennis
6. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes but forgot calcium
7. Journal before eating anything that's not a meal. Mostly, Journaled a good bit but not always right before eating, No-too crazy today
8. Weigh in daily no matter how much it hurts. Yes , Yes, Yes
9. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes,
10. Do shoulder & elbow PT exercises. No, Shoulder, yes; can't find the elbow instructions, No
11. Get in bed by midnight! No, Yes, No-kid up with stomachache

12. Call liability insurance re:canceling policy. Yes
13. Complete 4 additional location forms. 1.5
14. Call to have computer fixed. Left message

I am absolutely exhausted tonight, I guess from all the exercise today. Hopefully I will be able to move in the morning. Will catch up with y'all then. Looks like everybody had a good day!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:06 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, this thread has been so active! Wow! I wish I had time to address each one of you personally but I gotta get to work. Please know that I have read each and every post so thanks for the laughs, for the advice, for sharing. You are all wonderful ladies (and Mike.)

I had a pretty blue day yesterday here in the rainy rainy grey UK but today is already a bright sunny morning so hopefully this will reflect my mood. I guess it's tough being in a city where I don't know anybody at all. I hadn't really thought about this before I left because I figured, I'd be working and discovering a brand new place, which I am, don't get me wrong, but it is challenging to spend every single minute of my down time alone. Back home, I am a really social person so I see friends all the time and I have my dog who is the best friend anyone could ask for but here, aside from the conversations I have with my coworkers, I am pretty much on my own. Add to that, I haven't been sleeping well at all and the stuff going on back home is sad, so I guess it caught up with me this week. Although I might just be PMS'ing. But I had a particularly bad night's sleep on Tuesday so yesterday after work, I was in no shape to go to the gym. I did come home and make a very healthy stir fry with enough for tonight's dinner as well so at least I didn't drown my sorrows in cake, which was extremely tempting!

MY GOALS:

1. Eat between 1200-1400 calories per day. YES 1322/ YES 1370
2. Exercise 6 times. 1X
3. Take my vitamins. YES/YES
4. Drink 1.5-2 litres of water per day. YES/YES
5. Journal before I eat anything not on my plan. (Thanks Cassie I stole this from you.)
6. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit for the week! M-1244/T-827 total so far:2071

April, you are so sweet, thanks for the great advice and support. I hope Chloe is having a good day and congrats to you on a great day, yesterday!

wowgirl, I just read your post from 2 days ago as I was trying to catch up with all the posts. Boy this thread has been active! I just wanted you to know that I really admire you for sharing your personal quest with us because it takes courage. Way to go! I hope that one day, people everywhere don't have to be courageous to admit their orientation, because that prejudice will be long extinct, but until that day comes, way to go, Girl!

Cassie, you sound like you're doing so much better! I'm glad to hear it. Now I hope some of it rubs off on me.... it has to right?

Mike, wow, that pep talk you gave Cassie is amazing. I am going to take that advice for myself and start changing my vocabulary right now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.