Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-25-2011, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Health Goals...
1. 80 oz water daily Yes, I think, Yes(96!)
2. 500 calorie deficit daily +726 , -1438, -652 Weekly Total: -1364
3. Walk 30 min on lunch unless it's raining Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Min 30 min workout on hubby's work days N/A, 45 min weeding garden should count, Yes
5. One diet soda daily limit Yes, Yes, Yes

This weekend Goals...
1. Friday do all of housework, take boys for physicals & get Chloe spayed
2. Saturday prep bathroom for painting (remove border)
3. Saturday/Sunday paint bathroom (as long as I can buy the paint)
4. Weed that garden!! Got half done Tuesday evening

Wow this is a very active place! I think back to a few months ago when I joined and it seemed kind of dead here. Now this place is hoppin'! Woke up this morning extremely tired. Could be because we only sleep at 4-1/2 hrs on the nights hubby works. Ugh! I'll make it up this weekend though with a few naps. After today I am off work until Wednesday so I don't know how often I will get to log or check in with you guys. This morning I was doing my workout with the local news on and as I took a min to catch my breath between exercises (laying on my back and next one had to stand up) I fell asleep!! for about 15 minutes. Woke up and went back to it, but geez I must be tired! Kind of embarrassing actually but figured I'd put it out there.

As I got dressed for work I came out of my room wearing a top that I always question because being 5'10" it is a little short for my taste. It lets the bottom of my belly show. Not the skin but the curve in my slacks. you know what I mean. My 14 yr old said "Mom, you look fine." I had to suck it up and told him that I am not used to just being fat and getting away with things like that since I am used to being really fat. He is such a considerate kid (usually....they all have their moments though).

I have my day laid out for me to only have 540 calories before dinner but there are about five bunches of bananas and lots of apples & oranges in the coffee area in the office. I might have to have something from there later on. Especially since I forgot that I chewed my last piece of gum yesterday.

I agree with the working out barefoot thing too. I never have shoes on in the house to begin with so I have never worked out wearing shoes.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Feeling guilty and hungry all at once, so I thought I'd post instead. Made a big, fat parenting mistake today... you'd think after 28 years, I'd have this figured out by now.

To make a long story short, I thought my daughter was being a stuck-up, "mean girl" by blowing off a friends calls, texts, etc. and making up excuses for not hanging with him. I told her I was really disappointed in her yesterday. Then when it happened today, I got really upset and told her that I thought her snubbing him was absolutely horrible and that she should apologize. Well, after 2 days, she finally told me that this kid has been doing a lot of underage drinking, womanizing and just making horrible decisions all summer before college and she didn't want any part of it. So, I basically yelled at my daughter for not hanging around with a drunk, tail-chaser!!

Kids really need to come with an Owner's Manual!

Where's my pillow....??? ...and my wine?? I knew I should have bought several bottles.
Oh quinn you are not alone, I have moments where I doubt my parenting skills pretty much every day. If I had a dime for every stupid move I've made as a mom, I wouldn't have to worry about how we're going to pay for college educations and weddings x3 daughters. OY! BTW you might have made an error over the friend, but clearly you've done plenty of things right or she wouldn't have been snubbing the drunken tail chaser in the first place. Hugs to you.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-25-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe now is a good time to make that Rum Cake??
Is there a bad time for rum cake?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
What, you didn't get yours?

Next you'll be telling me you didn't get the crystal ball, either .

In all seriousness, you taught your daughter that parents make mistakes and it's not good to jump to conclusions when you don't have all the information. Not bad for a day's work, I say.
Yeah, there's nothing quite like the feeling of mistakenly encouraging your daughter into the arms of a budding womanizing, drunk, "man-whore"... lol I imagine a new pair of expensive jeans will probably make up for the nasty things that I said to her... at least in her book.

Didn't get my walk in last night as it was raining, so I'll do a morning and an evening today. No excuses. The weather is beautiful. I made a crock pot full of pea soup this morning and the house already smells amazing! (I know... not the lowest in carbs and calories, but it beat the heck out of the other things that I've been craving.) Nutritionally, it's pretty sound, too.

My weight is already coming down and I'm on target to get the 4 lbs. off in 2 weeks. Packer game Friday coupled with date night might be hard, but I'll do my best.

Have a great day, all!

quinn

Mike,

If you want, PM your "text fight" to me... I could sure use a good laugh!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I think I'm back on the wagon, and reaching out a hand up to anyone that is struggling. Since it seems like we all fall off at the same time, hopefully we all climb back on together, right? I got up this morning a little earlier than yesterday and put in 71 min on the elliptical. I know 71 is an odd number, but I cover up the display and actually just went a minute over not realizing. I'm trying to get back into "school year" mode, where I have to get up at 4:40am in order to workout, shower, eat breakfast and get the kids to school by 7:50am. This morning I was on the elliptical by 6:30, tomorrow I'm shooting for 6:15-6:20. We'll see.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn...it really does sound like you are doing things right with your daughter. She may have been a bit concerned about your reaction to his behavior since they were friends and that is why she didn't tell you right away. Could also just be showing maturity in handling the situation on her own. I would be proud of her for not wanting to be around a person like that and take pride in yourself for being the one who raised her to react the way she has.

Mike...this rum cake thing is really starting to sound good. Wonder how it would be to a person who drinks absolutely no alcohol ever though???
Old 08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike...this rum cake thing is really starting to sound good. Wonder how it would be to a person who drinks absolutely no alcohol ever though???
Intoxicating?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Okay, I think I'm back on the wagon, and reaching out a hand up to anyone that is struggling. Since it seems like we all fall off at the same time, hopefully we all climb back on together, right? I got up this morning a little earlier than yesterday and put in 71 min on the elliptical. I know 71 is an odd number, but I cover up the display and actually just went a minute over not realizing. I'm trying to get back into "school year" mode, where I have to get up at 4:40am in order to workout, shower, eat breakfast and get the kids to school by 7:50am. This morning I was on the elliptical by 6:30, tomorrow I'm shooting for 6:15-6:20. We'll see.

Good for you! At least you didn't take a nap during your workout!! I get up at 4 and make lunches and send hubby to work by 5. Then workout and get dressed/ready for work by 6:30 to leave and be at work at 7. Now starting Tuesday the boys will be getting up at 6-6:15 to get ready for the bus stop by 7:10 also. Thank God they take care of feeding the dogs and letting them out to potty before school so I don't have to add that to my morning routine.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Is there a bad time for rum cake?
Since I cut my calories and carbs way back, I've been having TONS of weird cravings... beer dip, beer bread and rum cake. The odd part is, I really hate beer. I couldn't drink an entire bottle for anything. But, my SIL made this amazing beer dip that I can't get out of my head right now. And for us, Packer games mean munchies. I'm trying to talk myself out of making it for Friday.

On a funny note, my clock radio went off this morning blaring the song, "Fat Bottom Girls" so I took that as my cue to stay on track today... lol
Old 08-25-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Since I cut my calories and carbs way back, I've been having TONS of weird cravings... beer dip, beer bread and rum cake. The odd part is, I really hate beer. I couldn't drink an entire bottle for anything. But, my SIL made this amazing beer dip that I can't get out of my head right now. And for us, Packer games mean munchies. I'm trying to talk myself out of making it for Friday.

On a funny note, my clock radio went off this morning blaring the song, "Fat Bottom Girls" so I took that as my cue to stay on track today... lol
That's hilarious. My girls are forever singing "I like big butts", it's on the soundtrack for one of the Chipmunk movies. And apparently the chipmunks swat themselves on the fanny while they sing it, so that's what the girls do to. It's hilarious and alarming all at the same time.

I get really weird cravings when I go grain-free, like I could eat those non-toxic packing peanuts (they are made from corn I think), bird seed look pretty good too and let's not even discuss the way I dug into that whole package of peanut butter sandwich crackers (normally I think they're disgusting). And being typically low fat gives me hardcore cravings for peanut butter, Nutella, raw egg yolks and avocados (sometimes all at the same sitting ).

Just out of curiosity, exactly how do you make beer dip? Mom and I make a beer-cheese fondue that's spectacularly fattening & delicious. Well if you make the dip and take it to a party, then at least you won't be eating the whole batch by yourself. Maybe you should make 1/2 a batch, that way you probably won't have leftovers to bring home, right? And because you didn't make all that much, maybe you can stay out of it a little so that everybody gets some?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.