Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Just quickly checking in... Had a good day. Just over by an A&W diet root beer float. (My weakness.) One more day to get through tomorrow, and I'm home free!

Have a good night, all!

quinn
Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Rose and Quinn, you are teh awesomes!

Congrats on biting the bullet with your "fat" clothes, Quinn. Why is that scarier than it should be?

Anybody else ever get to the point at which the pie chart is so perfect that you just don't want to eat anything else for the rest of the day??
I honestly don't get too worried about the pie chart anymore. For awhile, I was getting kind of obsessed with it. Now, with maintenance, I focus more on staying withing my calorie budget and workouts. Maybe I'm just kind of OCD!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default I have good news and I have bad news.

I haven't been walking much b/c I didn't want to risk getting blisters this close to the race. Today I went out and bought a nice pair of running socks. I just went for a 4.57 mile walk and come home with 5, yes F I V E little blisters on my left foot. No more walking for me. I will not hit that goal but I've already exceeded my 50 mile goal for my 5 weeks.

My plan for the race is to try body glide on my feet and lace my shoes a little tighter. I don't want to get a monster blister like I did for the last 1/2 marathon. I think I posted that picture before, don't I won't post it again, it was pretty nasty!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient in 6 days (log food for those 6 days):too many, -934, -612, -494, -515, -1493 (-4048 over the last 5 days)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 0, 3, 0, 0, 0, 4.57 (7.57 total for the week)
6) gallon of water a day: no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, no, no, yes
9) daily:
fish oil yes, no, yes, yes, yes, no
vitamin yes, no, yes, yes, yes, no
floss yes, yes, yes, no, no, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (maybe 1), yes (2), yes (2), yes(1)
11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0), yes (4), no (3), no (3), yes (5), no (2)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake), nope, no, no, no, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-27-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

I think we can form our own mental picture of your blisters, Mike. I'm sorry about the ones you got tonight. I know this is a chick thing, but did you wash the socks before you wore them?

Sitting here kind of stressed tonight...I have many relatives and friends in MD, DC, and VA, including a college crowd on the eastern shore and an elderly uncle and cousin in Kill Devil Hills who did not choose to evacuate. No news is good news, I hope. I also have a sinking feeling that my beach will be gone by morning .

But I'm not eating my emotions, so yay for that.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, no I didn't wash them. In fact I wore them out the store (I did pay for them BTW).

Yeah I read your other post about that. For a cat 1 it's a pretty nasty storm! Good job on not stress eating.

What beach? Va beach? I'll be there in a few days.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-27-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What beach? Va beach? I'll be there in a few days.
Ocean City MD is my beach. Or what's left of it after tonight. Funky, quirky, chaotic, cheesy, crowded...but I love it.

1. Stay below 1300 cals/day. 1244, 1305 (close enough), 1292, 1245, 1269, 1299 ha!
2. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, except for a frozen yogurt, Yes, except for froyo again--band night; had to support!, Mostly; two exceptions, Yes, Yes
3. Reasonably balance pie chart. It's perfect today!, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat 25 g fiber daily, at least. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise 7 times. Weights & stationary bike, Cardio Tennis, Hiking & Cardio Tennis, 5 miles on trails today, Weights
6. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes but forgot calcium, Yes, Yes, Yes but forgot calcium
7. Journal before eating anything that's not a meal. Mostly, Journaled a good bit but not always right before eating, No-too crazy today, Completely forgot but didn't eat anything I didn't have planned, Ditto today, And today
8. Weigh in daily no matter how much it hurts. Yes , Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and it still hurts, Yes and a little better
9. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
10. Do shoulder & elbow PT exercises. No, Shoulder, yes; can't find the elbow instructions, No, No, No, No
11. Get in bed by midnight! No, Yes, No-kid up with stomachache, No, No

12. Call liability insurance re:canceling policy. Yes
13. Complete 4 additional location forms. 1.5; still working on this...need answers, so at a standstill.
14. Call to have computer fixed. Left message

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Rose, thanks a bunch. Congrats on having a successful day today. How's your progress coming? Monday is weigh in.
Mike, I have had a pretty good week, except Monday which was a total disaster and I didn't even log. I travelled back to Bristol from Scotland that day and was already so off the rails from my weekend that I didn't get my sh*t together until Tuesday. This is the first weekend that I have not travelled anywhere. I decided to stay here and explore Bristol. Good thing too, because I have a gym here and it's been a gorgeous weekend! I rode the double decker tour bus yesterday and got a really great overview of the whole city. It really is cool!

As for Monday, there is a national holiday here on Monday so hopefully the gym will stay open so that I can weigh myself and photograph the results. I doubt that I lost 2 whole pounds though because it is really hard for me to lose that much in a week.

Am I a complete glutton for punishment? I am up early on a Sunday morning to get to the gym for 9:30am because I have an appointment with a trainer who's going to design me a program and then I have a spin class at 11 so I am hoping to have another massive calorie deficit today!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Yo, Rose! Congrats on your successful Saturday! So cool about the boots. Don't have any myself but I love a pretty fall fashion boot--that's great that you treated yourself to a pair you wanted--because you earned that treat. OMG, I need to earn an all green check-in like you did. I have to APPLY myself. Hey, you know what? I could FEEL your genuine cyberhug and it felt wonderful. Thanks so much!

Cassie, I think I had that perfect pie chart just a few times but it was planned out when I had good willpower and I got in every morsel of food that I could program into it. I wanna be like YOU and ROSE when I "grow up." LOL

You know, after today's motivating thread, I think I'm going to have an even better week next week, getting closer to an all green report than ever before.
Mern, I am so touched that you felt the cyber hug all the way across the Atlantic. You have accomplished so much already, an all green report is absolutely within your reach. But don't be too fooled by mine, because I only jumped in on Tuesday and my Monday was such a disaster that I didn't even log it... had I logged it, it would have been red in every category!

I agree with you that after today's motivating thread, I think I'm going to have an even better week next week too! I have finally found my groove here in England and figured out where to shop, what to buy and joined a gym. I'm feeling very optimistic! Have a wonderful Sunday, Mern!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, you are so sweet. I appreciate you being here more than you know . Your kids and grandkids are lucky to have you.

Rose, I'm going to try to channel your motivation and get back into running. I've talked my hubby into starting C25K; it's been about three weeks since I've run so I guess I'll start over with him.

Good news this morning; I jumped down a pound. Another pound and a half till I hit the top end of my comfort range, 3.5 till I'm where I want to be. Bit by bit, I'll chip away at it.

Have a great day, folks. I wish I knew you all in "real life;" you'd be a hoot to hang out with and a pick-me-up when that's what's needed . What an invaluable experience knowing you all has been.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.