Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Sooo sorry I forgot last week, ladies! I have had ten straight days (including 2 weekends) of 18 hours of nonstop work and home stuff. I think I meant to post and then got distracted. I finished my last report last night and I'm off now till next Monday, so I'll be back to catch up, I promise!

MollySue, the thighs and butt are my problem areas, too. A combination of the running and weights eventually made a difference. Focus on lunges and squats, with weights.

Kaitlin, hope the cookie exchange went well. Maybe next year you can host a healthy dessert exchange??? I have a ton of cookies here, too, and am adding more daily. It took forever to create them all as custom foods but I'm logging every durn one (so far...).

See you tomorrow; happy Tuesday!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 12/22/2010

Good morning, Wed Clubbers*!!

Can you believe Christmas is only two days away?! So how did your week go?

Looking forward to hearing from all of you,
Molly

* Newbies welcome
Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

we had tons of snow lately (which is very unusual for the area I live in), so I couldn't run as often as I wanted to. The streets have been awefully slippery and running through snow is just generally pretty exhausting, so my running buddy and I took it easy for a few days. The downside is that we really have to run at least twice a week to stay in the swing of things. Ah well, we are supposed to be meeting in a couple of hours - I'll tell you how it went

On the bright side, I didn't fall off the waggon completely. I did some serious sledding and went swimming. As of today I'm down at 125.5 lbs - pretty happy about this.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Molly,

Molly, I cant believe you run in the snow- that is amazing- i do not think i could ever do that- it is really far toooo cold for muah. Plus i am not very balanced- i would deffiantly fall! haha congrats on the weight! you go girl!

my week went well- i worked out 4 times and am down almost a full pound back to 196.4. I am hoping to be 195 by next check in! that would be a great xmas gift to myself....however working out over the holiday will be challenging! I know i need to start logging my food again to really keep track...maybe today i will start that..

i can not believe it is so soon for christmas! everyone ready? i am! a few more things to wrap but that is nothing!!

have a VERY MERRY christmas everyone....
Old 12-22-2010, 07:59 PM
FitDay Member

You rock, Kaitlin! Working out four times is AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work!!

Well, I'm off to my parents, so just wanted to wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Molly
Old 12-22-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Merry Christmas Wed Clubbers!

I am sorry I haven't been around lately. It has been pretty crazy in my life since mid November. I went away on a trip, gained 3 pounds then lost them and am back to 178 but have stalled again. I am really sick with a horrible flu and it has taken all my energy just to get to work and home. I still have to walk my dog and not being able to breathe through my nose makes those walks exhausting! As a result I haven't been able to keep up with my running or exercising for the past week! I feel like a slug. I was hoping to muster up the energy to do a workout this morning but I am still a little feverish and I just feel shaky and stuffed up.

Molly, good for you for reaching your Christmas goal! That is amazing and I am totally impressed that you are able to run in the snow. I just ordered some "Yak Trax" to put on my running shoes so that I can do that too. We have a tremendous amount of snow here in Canada!

Kaitlin, wow! You are really doing great. Amazing job!

I am hoping to feel better tomorrow because I will not let this nasty fly ruin my Christmas! Wed Clubbers, I hope your holidays are filled with happiness and love. All the best of everything to all of you! xo (And I bet we will all reach our goal weights in 2011!)

Last edited by mtlgirl; 12-22-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 12/29/2010

Good morning Wed Club members!

Welcome to all the regulars and a super warm welcome to any newcomers that might stop by. Here is a place for you to discuss your weekly triumphs, challenges, and just share your general weight loss and fitness related tips and woes.

I hope you all had a smashing week!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Molly
Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi!

This might turn into a rant...
I'm so fed up with the snow!!! I decided to go for a run on the morning of the 24th at my parents' and got stuck in a snow storm in the middle of nowhere. Obviously I turned around and ran back, but I was beyond exhausted and also cold and wet. Then I ran yesterday with my running buddy. I had stomach cramps (a friend of mine, who is a marathon runner, told me that I probably wasn't warn enough in my midsection, which apparently can cause cramps and diarrhea), my left ankle started hurting after about 1.5 miles and didn't stop until we stopped and my right foot got caught in a rabbit hole filled with snow. Arrgh!! I managed to finish the 8 ks, but it wasn't enjoyable at all.
We have decided to go to the University's dirt track for the time being, but I'm NOT looking forward to it. Isn't this supposed to be fun?!

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas!

*Cassie and Rose, so glad you are still around!

Molly
Old 12-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like an upleasantly cold and wet experience, MollySue! Hopefully it will ease up soon and maybe we'll have an early spring...cross fingers! I am a weather wimp and thus have been confined to the treadmill since it got cold and wet, though I do still play tennis in the cold.

Well, my Christmas was lovely, smashing only in the manner of smashing through my calories and smashing myself onto the couch with books to collapse and relax when the two horribly hectic weeks preceding it were over. I ate too many cookies and was not at all careful with food for five days, and skipped exercise for three. Somehow those three days off seemed like a huge setback by the time I got on the treadmill yesterday; I felt like I had lost quite a bit of conditioning. Hopefully it will come back quickly, and yesterday I was finally back to good food choices.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Molly- i am sure you can find ways to make the dirt track exciting for you. When i get bored with doing something i find a way to ad some spice to it. Example; i bought a new little dieting journal to write all my food intake- just something new to spice it up.

i weighed in this week at 194.8 which is great- very happy with that! this week was a knew start for me- the holiday got so messy that i lost track of my goals. ..back on board now. My boyfriend if even offering "weekly rewards" for me hitting my weekly goals...massages, etc. And for the final grand reward a weekend getaway and a new bathing suit hopefully a monokini (kinda a bikini but not super revealing)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.