Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Jackie, I attended a couple of free classes in a dance studio (60 mins one class). I found it extremely helpful to be part of a group to pull through. On my own I would have given up after maybe half an hour. There are also Zumba workout videos on youtube, but I found them way too fast paced to follow properly. Mind you, coordination isn't exactly one of my strong points.

P.S. Shoveling a wall of snow in your house to get out is just insane!! Where abouts do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I've got some Canadian friends who showed me pictures of their driveways and it comes close to what you described. The snow we get here is a piece of cake in comparison, lol!

Last edited by MollySue2; 01-06-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 01/12/2011

Good morning gang & welcome to all the newcomers that might stop by!

Here's the place to share your ups and downs, what worked and what didn't and just everything else you want to be accountable for.

So how did your week go?

Molly
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mollysue- My week went OK. I am going to stop weighing myself wednesday and only do it on monday and maybe one day during the weekend. I am getting discouraged becuase my weight will go up and down....

Since joining the challenge to drop 10% of my fat by 4/1/11 i have lost 3.4 pounds. I so badly want the scale to read under 190!! I can hardly wait!

This past week i did well i think- i went to the movies and brought my own popcorn and york patty. I drank a ton of water and worked out 4 times.

This week i plan to work out 5 times and really watch what i eat- i have 3 parties i am going to; a work party, a friends party, and then out with my friends..i know i can do this it is mind of matter. I am not hungry for the junk food, i just want it.

how is everyone else?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

I am not hungry for the junk food, i just want it.

Wow, you said a mouthful, sister! And you are absolutely correct about the mind over matter.

Congrats on your great week, Kaitlin. You will get under 190 in no time! You have been really dedicated and it is paying off .

I am fighting the mental battles this week. I still have 3-4 pounds and a couple percentage points body fat from the holidays to get rid of, so I'm cranky that some of my jeans are a bit snug, that I let myself slip into being fast and loose with food in the first place and now have to break habits all over again, and I'm also mad that it's making me mad! I am at a healthy weight and I look fine and I should be happy...but I honestly did feel better a few pounds lighter.

I'm trying to be really careful with the pie chart and continuing to exercise.

This week has been challenging since we've been snowed in since Sunday night. I live near Atlanta, and 5" and sleet on top was enough to shut us down. So far, so good, though I'll need to get out in the next day or two in order to replenish my produce!

Hope everyone has a great week...I'll do my best not to whine next check-in
Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Well, this is my first full week back on fitday since my two month slip over the holidays. Pretty much everything Cassie said goes ditto for me. Still under my original goal, but a few pounds up from where I had become comfortable. (...and yes, the jeans are tight! UGH!)

The good news is that I am back on track, trying to undo some nasty eating habits that I acquired over the holidays. Have two events to attend in about a month so I have motivation to shape up. Feels great to be back in control!

quinn
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I am not hungry for the junk food, i just want it.

Wow, you said a mouthful, sister! And you are absolutely correct about the mind over matter.

Congrats on your great week, Kaitlin. You will get under 190 in no time! You have been really dedicated and it is paying off .

I am fighting the mental battles this week. I still have 3-4 pounds and a couple percentage points body fat from the holidays to get rid of, so I'm cranky that some of my jeans are a bit snug, that I let myself slip into being fast and loose with food in the first place and now have to break habits all over again, and I'm also mad that it's making me mad! I am at a healthy weight and I look fine and I should be happy...but I honestly did feel better a few pounds lighter.

I'm trying to be really careful with the pie chart and continuing to exercise.

This week has been challenging since we've been snowed in since Sunday night. I live near Atlanta, and 5" and sleet on top was enough to shut us down. So far, so good, though I'll need to get out in the next day or two in order to replenish my produce!

Hope everyone has a great week...I'll do my best not to whine next check-in
yeah- it was a mouthful- I have to remind myself all the time that "i don't want to eat it..." It gets hard though. Lately those simple words can drive me nuts...

Dieting has a big emotional impact on me for many reasons- sometimes i feel like people are watching what i eat and that annoys me- i can take care of myself, and sometimes i am moody because i wish i could eat whatever i wanted, and then there are the tantrums- these recently started. It is almost as if i am 2 years old. I get so mad and worked up about having a restricted diet that i breakdown...luckily my boyfriend understands (somewhat). dieting is not just about working out and dropping the weight- it has a huge emotional toll...and it impacts me more sometimes...i do not know why!

i mean it is JUST food, right? why am i getting so mad?!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Well, this is my first full week back on fitday since my two month slip over the holidays. Pretty much everything Cassie said goes ditto for me. Still under my original goal, but a few pounds up from where I had become comfortable. (...and yes, the jeans are tight! UGH!)

The good news is that I am back on track, trying to undo some nasty eating habits that I acquired over the holidays. Have two events to attend in about a month so I have motivation to shape up. Feels great to be back in control!

quinn
It is great to see you in here! everyone slipped a bit over the holidays, do not fret. the important thing is that you are here now- wanting to get them off!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, you are such a great example that dedication really pays off! Well done on that weight loss and I agree with Cassie - you'll be under 190 lbs in no time. Keep up the great work!!!

Cassie and Quinn, I watched a German talk show the other night about obesity, diet and comfort weight. The guests included an anchorman, who had lost over 45 lbs, looked thin, but who was still overweight according to his BMI, a waiflike socialite who I’d never heard of before, a woman in her forties who was comfortable with her extra 60 lbs and three diet doctors. The dieticians didn’t agree on much (one said that you can compensate every “plus”-food (such as corn flakes, pasta, cream etc.) with the intake of “minus”-foods (vegetables, fruits etc.) on any given day (at the end of your day “+” should equal “-“); another one said that you should never eat carbohydrates at night because of the insulin your pancreas is suddenly forced to build (which reduces the body’s ability to burn fat, according to the med); and the third one said that each and everyone of us has a natural comfort weight detached from the numbers on the scale), however, what they wholeheartedly agreed on was that it’s harder to maintain than to lose. The challenge is to find a healthy place between control and giving in to the natural feeling of hunger (think comfort weight). The bottom line is: what the two of you have been able to accomplish over the course of almost one year is to fight the constant battle of maintenance, plus the inevitable slips here and there. Don’t get discouraged – don’t forget that you are doing a fantastic job here!

As for myself, I made it to 124.5 lbs. Very happy about that! However, the numbers also scare me quite a bit. I made it to that weight last year in early June, got so excited and somehow let all the great habits that I had acquired (working out, calorie counting etc) go out of the window and within three months I was up at 132 lbs again. I took me ages to lose these 7.5 lbs and I’m just anxious that I will gain everything back once again. Watching what you eat and finding time for workouts can be quite nerve wrecking over the course of a long time, I think.
On a brighter note, I ran my first 10 k yesterday!!! Woohoo!! But once again we had to fight nature’s odds. It’s currently surprisingly warm in Germany (about 14° C = 57.2 F) and many cities along the major rivers experience floods. We attempted to run along the river banks and suddenly ran through ankle high water (the streets looked as if the water was no higher than 2-3 cms – mind you, we always run in the dark). We had to turn around and find another way, always running dangerously close to the floods – quite an experience, I can tell ya! However, we made it - in soaking wet running shoes and considerably exhausted -, but the accomplishment in itself feels AWESOME!

Wow, this turned out to be rather long! Sorry for the continuous babble!

Last edited by MollySue2; 01-13-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
Kaitlin, you are such a great example that dedication really pays off! Well done on that weight loss and I agree with Cassie - you'll be under 190 lbs in no time. Keep up the great work!!!

Cassie and Quinn, I watched a German talk show the other night about obesity, diet and comfort weight. The guests included an anchorman, who had lost over 45 lbs, looked thin, but who was still overweight according to his BMI, a waiflike socialite who I’d never heard of before, a woman in her forties who was comfortable with her extra 60 lbs and three diet doctors. The dieticians didn’t agree on much (one said that you can compensate every “plus”-food (such as corn flakes, pasta, cream etc.) with the intake of “minus”-foods (vegetables, fruits etc.) on any given day (at the end of your day “+” should equal “-“); another one said that you should never eat carbohydrates at night because of the insulin your pancreas is suddenly forced to build (which reduces the body’s ability to burn fat, according to the med); and the third one said that each and everyone of us has a natural comfort weight detached from the numbers on the scale), however, what they wholeheartedly agreed on was that it’s harder to maintain than to lose. The challenge is to find a healthy place between control and giving in to the natural feeling of hunger (think comfort weight). The bottom line is: what the two of you have been able to accomplish over the course of almost one year is to fight the constant battle of maintenance, plus the inevitable slips here and there. Don’t get discouraged – don’t forget that you are doing a fantastic job here!

As for myself, I made it to 124.5 lbs. Very happy about that! However, the numbers also scare me quite a bit. I made it to that weight last year in early June, got so excited and somehow let all the great habits that I had acquired (working out, calorie counting etc) go out of the window and within three months I was up at 132 lbs again. I took me ages to lose these 7.5 lbs and I’m just anxious that I will gain everything back once again. Watching what you eat and finding time for workouts can be quite nerve wrecking over the course of a long time, I think.
On a brighter note, I ran my first 10 k yesterday!!! Woohoo!! But once again we had to fight nature’s odds. It’s currently surprisingly warm in Germany (about 14° C = 57.2 F) and many cities along the major rivers experience floods. We attempted to run along the river banks and suddenly ran through ankle high water (the streets looked as if the water was no higher than 2-3 cms – mind you, we always run in the dark). We had to turn around and find another way, always running dangerously close to the floods – quite an experience, I can tell ya! However, we made it - in soaking wet running shoes and considerably exhausted -, but the accomplishment in itself feels AWESOME!

Wow, this turned out to be rather long! Sorry for the continuous babble!
WOW- a 10K...in wet shoes and in the dark! I am clapping my hands to you!!

What an amazing feeling!

Also- i think just the fact that you are aware of your mistake last time with the weight gain will help you this time around...you know went wrong now you can make sure it doesnt happen again this is not a diet- it is a lifestyle change
Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouraging words, Kaitlin! Just about what I needed .

Have an enjoyable weekend, everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.