Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

That is truly awesome, Molly! It just reinforces my mental picture of you as an athlete. Many pats on the back to you .

And thanks for the info, too. I really do think the person with the "comfort weight" theory is on to something. My comfort weight during the holidays is different from the rest of the year, apparently

But it's live and learn, and because of that, you won't wake up and find yourself in your bad habits again this time. And even if a few creep back, you'll catch it right away, I'm sure you will!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

MollySue,

Thanks so much for the encouragement and info on maintenance. I've lost 25 lbs. 3 times before and always gained it back within 3 years. The only difference this time is using fitday for support and my husband losing with me. (He lost 30 lbs. in the same time frame.) We constantly monitor each other now, which helps me because I'm easily swayed to go off track. Everyone on fitday is so kind and generous with their support. I remember once last winter I was so frustrated with dieting and was just starving. I logged onto fitday, and in the biggest, boldest letters I could find, I simply wrote, I'M HUNGRY!!!! Within minutes, ladies came to my aid with sympathy, knowing exactly what I was feeling.

So thanks, everyone, for keeping me on track.

Congratulations on the 10K! What an awesome accomplishment! You're dedication and focus are paying off. I know that you can make your goal... one step at a time, one day at a time, one K at a time. =)

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 01-14-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Another quick thought on maintenance-

I don't know if Cassie would agree, but I've found that it's not so much how much I eat, it's what I eat. When my diet consists of primarily fruits, vegetables and lean meat, I'm fine. When my diet consists of primarily other things, I gain.

quinn
Old 01-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, I agree, and also have a clarification. It is what you eat, but what is best is different for everyone. The foods and the macro percentages I work best on might not be the same as someone else's.

But the reason I am still on FitDay (besides the great support ) is to help me make sure my macronutients are balanced. I can count calories in my head if I have to (but when I'm maintaining I don't keep track of those anymore, really), but seeing the macros and the nutrition at a glance helps me stay on the straight and narrow. One day it may become intuitive, but given the choice, I go way too high on the carbs and way too low on the healthy fats.

I keep saying I'm going to go for a period of two weeks and write down what I eat but not log it, then go back and put it in and see how close I am to where I wanted to be with it. But it seems like such a pain in the tuckus that I never get around to it! I guess I don't want to give up my security blanket...
Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with you, Quinn! I've noticed that I gain with sugary products even when I'm within my calorie range. I wonder what insulin exactly does to your metabolism; have to look it up at some point!

In other news, I just wanted to let you know that I won't have access to the internet on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe someone else could start next week's thread?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 01/26/2011

Hi Wedclubbers, old and new!

So...how did your week go? Here's the place to share whatever you want to be accountable for!

Molly

P.S. Cassie, thanks for taking over last week's thread!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 02/16/2011

Hi Wed Clubbers!

Sorry for the hiatus! I felt that I was spending too much time on the forums and also got discouraged by the ceasing amount of visitors in this thread. However, I really missed you guys and kept wondering how everybody was doing and also thought it was lame and kinda selfish to simply let our little club die.

Hope, you are still with me on this one!

As always best wishes!
Molly