Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats, MollySue, you are truly an athlete! I agree that running really shapes you in a way that nothing else does; glad you are seeing the results.

Kaitlyn, you've put some thought into an excellent plan there. I hope all goes well for you, and for everyone else who is celebrating the holiday this week.

I'm here at the House of Schizophrenic Food; have been doing okay staying away from the junk. Not many great fiber or protein options, though, but I'm getting through. I ate a lot yesterday but I did keep at my calorie maintenance (I ran yesterday morning).

I'm kind of disappointed because I was planning to do my first official 5K, a Turkey Trot, here...but the forecast is 70% for rain and it'll be in the 30s. I don't mind the cold but really don't want to run in the rain. So...something else instead.

Have a wonderful day, everyone, and a happy Thanksgiving to those who are here in the US!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

So glad to see this thread is still alive and well!

Kaitlin, I also think you have devised a great food plan here! Just make sure you stop eating once you are full! This is usually my major downfall during the festive season (or any season for that matter ): I keep on eating just because I enjoy the food so much. It makes sense to try a little bit from everything so you won't feel deprived. You can do it!!

Cassie, I love that term "house of schizophrenic food". Makes me smile every time I read it. I totally understand what you say about the rain. I absolutely despise running in the rain especially when it's cold, too. There will be other runs, so don't be disappointed! And thank you so much for calling me an athlete! I never really was into sports and it's only since my back pain started and I joined FitDay that I started working out. The forums definitely have been a fantastic motivator, so thank you all for that!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 12/01/2010

Hi everyone!

Sorry for being so late today! Can you believe it's already December??? Christmas is only 3 weeks away! Time to melt some extra pounds before the holiday season starts, I say!

Have a great day,
Molly
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Molly sue!

yeah- i wish i could melt some off- it is just not happening that easily...

thanksgiving was a huge hurdle- which i could of done better at...i tried sticking to my tips but it was harder than i thought. there was so much food around and everything was so good-. It is hard when your in a social situation like that, i am just use to eating..

and it is only going to get harder- now starts cookie making- i make tins full of cookie for friends and family, - i will need to somehow just say NO, you can only have 1 cookie...not 5.

i am up this week to 197.2. almost 3 pound gain...makes me sick, however i am PMSing- so i am SURE that has something to do with it as well..

i'm still going to the gym atleast 3 times/week and recently started doing some weights- man i feel the burn!

i wanted to be 190 by christmas...gah, i am frustrated.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, please don't beat yourself up over not losing enough weight or not losing it quick enough. You are working out three times a week CONSISTENTLY. That alone is a great success! However, I'm totally feeling you! I've been finding it verrry hard to consistently lose weight. What I lose I usually gain back. I had a flu these past few days and couldn't work out and couldn't really be bothered to prepare myself proper meals, because I was so tired and weak, so i had frozen pizzas and frozen lasagna instead. Hard to lose weight that way, I can tell ya! So I vowed to myself this morning, that I will try to be better now. We'll see if it works out...
As far as cookie baking is concerned, I actually consider not to bake any this year, because I know that I will fall off the waggon. If I bake them, I will eat them. I just know it. i just don't seem to have the disciplin.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

It has been a long time since I have been on here but I started this Wednesday club with the rest of you but then was sick. I want to give an update and hopefully continue to remain faithful. I am still dealing with my illness which puts me in bed or wheelchair from time to time throughout the day at any given moment so it is difficult to plan. I have managed to lose weight by managing what I eat. I have lost 35 lbs. since May went from size 18 into 10-12 pants and medium and Large shirts instead of x-large or 1X. I miss doing the C25K but I hope to get back there again someday. In the meantime, I hope to regain some friendships and continue to encourage and gain insight from all of you. Missed you people!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ladies...good to see everyone back here . I'm totally coming off a Thanksgiving crash...I did great at the House of Schizophrenic food from the Sunday before Thanksgiving till Thanksgiving Day, then it was downhill from there. I did keep on my exercise plan till this past weekend, then traveling and having relatives here derailed that, but that's no excuse. Got back on normal eating yesterday and will have a run today. I signed up for my first 5K this Saturday! I was going to do the Turkey Trot but it was raining. Cold I can deal with; rainy cold, not so much!

MollySue & Kaitlyn, I am with you on the cookie thing. I do great when there are no temptations, but after they've been staring me down for a few days, all bets are off. Maybe we need a cookie accountability thread of sorts? Good to see you ladies hanging with it. It's a series of ups and downs, not a steady state for anyone, I don't think, so give yourselves a break and know that you can get on track again.

Jackie, glad you are back and sounds like you are doing great with the challenges you have. You sound really committed and it's great to have you here motivating us .
Old 12-02-2010, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

hahah- cookie accountabilty thread. ..what i need is for someone to lock them up!! ha!

good to see you back! hope all is well..look forward to hearing more about whats going on

happy holidays ladies...

just think- wouldent it be nice to open presents christmas morning 5lbs lighter?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

so they were locked up- ! haha. the cookies have been locked up in the basement in our standup freezer. perfect. i forget they are there and dont want to walk down to get them- perfect.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:54 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 12/08/2010

Good morning everyone!

It's this time of the week again! What have you got?

Hope, you are all having a fantastic day!
Molly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.