Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

Well done, Kaitlin!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry so late posting, MollySue! This was truly the day from Hades!

How are you doing?

Anyway, exercise has been good this week. Still trying to get back on track from Thanksgiving; I'm up 3 pounds but my clothes still fit so no need to panic.

I did my first 5K on Saturday evening, so that was exciting. I posted on another thread that it was not great because of the chilly weather and drizzle, but I did finish and that was a thrill. I had a goal in my mind and missed it by about a minute, so that was disappointing, but it was fun overall. Then on Sunday in the darn deep freeze and wind I had to play a tennis match, and last night had one, too. I don't think I'll ever be warm again! I took tonight off!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry i am so late posting as well!

thursday mornign heere- and yesterday was so busy..i forgot to take time to post!

Cj- congrats on your 5k, how did it feel to cross the line? when i did mine it was almost overwhelming- i nearly cried.

Mollysue- how did this week go for you?

i am currently at 196.2 down a bit from last week! through these holiday i am glad to atleast loose some! this weekend i am going to my boyfriends mothers hosue for a huge dinner party and our christmas celebration...nervous i wont be able to say "you dont need that". my plan is to stear clear of appetizers, and instead have a diet coke before dinner... also no 2nds. I'd like to work out but i havent gone ONCE this week! i know, i know...i usually work out 3-4 days each week..but things happen.. flat tire, sick day, shopping!

wish me luck for this weekend...it is all about portions!, right?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie, hi Kaitlin,

so good to hear how both of you are doing.

Cassie, you did your first 5 k race!!! I'm so excited for you!! CONGRATS!
Kaitlin, congrats on that weight loss and enjoy the family visit! I love visiting families on Christmas and eating out with friends - for me, that's the best part about the holidays.

Since last night our streets are covered in snow again and I really enjoy the look of it. The downside is I'm supposed to run 8 k tonight and I just know that I will be soo exhausted. Running through snow is almost like running through sand. Still looking forward to it, really in the swingn of things now.

Take care!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 12/15/2010

Hi y'all!

Sorry for the late posting!!! Can't believe it's already Wednesday!

How was your week?

Best wishes and happy pre-Christmas-shopping
Molly
Old 12-15-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Molly,

Things are going well with me- shopping is pretty much done and i took off this friday to get some last minute trinkets! The holiday season brings many things to light- i feel so thankful for my job, my friends and family.

Now on the other hand..i am up one pound from last week...I am trying not to be so hard on myself becuase..lets be honest..it is NORMAL to have a weight range..you cant stay the same weight all the time..i was just hoping it would go down, not up!

current weight 197.2, hoping to be 185 by valentines day...which means i need to get serious. I know where my downfalls are- holiday food. i really just need to tighten up a bit..and stay working out 2-4 week ..i'd really like to hit my goal of Goal Weight: 190lbs; NEW YEARS. miracles happen, right?

ps. all the cookies are gone, i've pretty much given them all away. BUT tomorrow i am going to a cookie exchange...what is a dieter supposed to do at a cookie exchange?!

hahahah, atleast i can laugh about all of this!

Merry chrsitmas everyone!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, glad to hear you appreciate everything good in your life. I sometimes have to make an effort to remind myself of the positives in life - things have been topsy-turvy for me lately, so it's not always easy. One pound up doesn't have to mean alot, could be water retension, could be PMS etc. As you said - keep working out, you'll get there!!! And: we are here for you to motivate you along your journey.

My scales are finally moving into the right direction again - down at 127 lbs, yeah! I'm a little bit annoyed though that am not losing weight evenly (if that makes any sense???). Due to all the running I'm doing (5 miles three times this week, woohoo!) I lost a considerable amount of belly fat, but hardly any fat in my butt and only a little bit in my thighs. As a consequence, some of my throusers are suddenly fairly loose around my waist, but still very tight in my butt and thigh area. I know I can't spot-reduce (plus I'm a pear, so I just tend to be heavier in my lower body), but since we are on the exercise thread: any ideas what exercises I could add to reduce my thighs and butt?

Merry Christmas to you all,
Molly
Old 12-20-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

I dont have many thigh/buns workouts..as my belly is my biggest problem. hahah

i actually have some killer legs...:P

man, i am dreading working out today- just feel tired! but i need to because a holiday is coming and i am leaving town for a few days..which means leaving my gym!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

ps. molly sue- where is everyone? are we the only two left?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, I sure envy you your killer legs ;-)
And I've been wondering too if we are the only ones left... where is everybody??

Last edited by MollySue2; 12-20-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.