Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

This is awesome....you're still here! Congrats! I have been out for a while due to my illness and then just falling away from keeping track but I decided to start the New Year out right and I have been feeling a little bit better lately so I am trying to do Zumba....anyone do this? do you enjoy it?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hello, I'm returning to fitday as of 1/2/11 with a mini goal of 10lbs in 30-45days. I figure when I reach that goal, I can plan for the biggie of the full 40lbs that needs to GO!!

One thing I noticed is that the exercises I like and sometimes even do,lol are not here:Pilates and elliptical training.

Anyone know if there is a way to get them added???

Annie
start weight: 170lbs 1/2/11
mini goal: 10lbs by 2/1/11
one day....:130lbs??
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 01/05/2011

Good morning Wed Clubbers,

I hope you all had a splendid start into the new year!
So here we go again: what have you got this week?

Snowy greetings,
Molly
Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Everyone!

Still snowing, MollySue? I'm sure it gets old after a while.

Well, I continued to slip and slide (read:cookies) through the New Year, but once Monday got here I got back on track, so I've had a solid two days. I definitely have some damage control to do, both in terms of the pounds and losing the edge on my fitness (as I noticed during my run on Monday). I've committed to exercising daily this week to get back on track and I'm on schedule so far.

I bought some heavier weights yesterday; hadn't planned on it, but I was in Target and they were on sale. It's been time to move up; I've just been putting it off.

How's everyone else doing? Hope you all are having a wonderful week!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

I have a challenge to suggest! I am currently involved in the 10% challenge on FITDAY under the forums- the first one i think it is "diets"?..

anyways you try and loose 10% of you before april 1rst. I am so glad i signed up for this- it was just the kick in the a$$ i needed to start dropping pounds!

Last week weigh in- 194.8
This week- 193.8

I'll take that pound!

and hopefully 15 more! i hope to see each of you over in the 10% challenge thread! together we can do this!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
Good morning Wed Clubbers,

I hope you all had a splendid start into the new year!
So here we go again: what have you got this week?

Snowy greetings,
Molly
hahah- blame it on santa! tsk tsk! hahaha
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi gang!

Cassie, your determination never ceases to amaze me! And yeah, the snow is getting old fast! My running buddy and I ran along the river banks a couple of days ago, or more precisely: we tried to run, but almost gave up, because the snowy paths had been tranformed into one long ice rink. At one point we literally had to drag ourselves up a bridge by holding onto the handrail, because it was soo slippery!!! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse... So glad, when winter is over!!!

Kaitlin, congrats on that pound lost! You're getting very close to your first goal now, girl!
BTW, losing 10% before April 1st sounds great!!! might stop by, even though, admittedly, I already feel like i'm spending to much time on the forums :-)

Hope, you are all having a great week!

Last edited by MollySue2; 01-05-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Tjkhoover, welcome back!! Great, to have you around again!
I tried Zumba last year and I loved it! It was one of the most exhausting workouts I did in years (everything I do now is a joke in comparison), because you keep on moving constantly. I swear I sweated like there was no tomorrow! However, time passes pretty quickly and the dance moves are fun, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Keep us updated!

tuckannie, welcome onboard! Glad to have you join the gang!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

welcome back tjhooker i've never tried zumba but i know people who swear by it!!

tuckannie- welcome and i too enjoy working out- it has become a release for me. I use it to process emotions (vent, de-stress, ...). I also like it because people are starting to remember me.."where everybody knows your name..."..it helps keep me going!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Molly...I know what you are talking about when it comes to snow....I am used to getting several feet of snow and I remember a year when we had to shovel a wall of snow in our house just to get out. Work out complete LOL! No joke!

I knew a couple of gals who did the track one step at a time with lunges once around and then side steps, etc. They used it for strength training and agility as well as running. I tried it with them once and it is definitely a major workout. Hope Winter flies by and/or you can find a way to enjoy yourself....because it should be FUN At least most of the time.

Just wondering if you did Zumba at a class or used the dvd's?

Glad to be back...thanks for the welcome everyone.

Jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.