Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

OMgosh! It must be the water! The folks over at www.werefatandloveit.com must have spiked it to keep us fat! Well, I for one will not be deterred! Bring it on fat people, I no longer belong to your club. You can shake me up, but not bring me down, my might is stronger than your jiggle any day! Who is with me? FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I'm up, at 210.4, post vacation, post stressful week, post forgetting that I am fat and was on a diet week. Good Lord, how can that happen? Anyway, see above, I am down and not out! See you next week, when we are discussing how we kicked the fat gene out of our lives.

The good news, I swam nearly every day last week and did two days of cardio kickboxing. I forgot that when I got back to swimming, I am always really, really hungry afterwards and eat everything that isn't nailed down or locked away. There are ways of combatting that, like taking some greek yogurt with me and eating that right after my swim and not coming directly home but going to the library for study instead of my dining room.

Fight the good fight ladies, we are worth every effort and the benefits are great!

Missfitt42

**disclaimer** www.wearefatandloveit.com is entirely made up in my mind and any reflection of a real web site is purely coincidence.

Last edited by missfitt42; 09-01-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added disclaimer
Old 09-03-2010, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default C25K - week #2 - COMPLETE!!

Hello Ladies,

Keep drinking your water (even if we think it's spiked this week) - LOL.

I have completed week #2 of C25K and I'm still loving it! I gotta admit, I'm a wee bit nervous about going a full 3 minutes next week cause I've never gone that long, but hey - I'm a RUNNER now (albeit beginner and slow) but a RUNNER nontheless. So, I'm going into it with an open mind, a slow achechievable pace and an expectation to just do it! If I set myself up to win then I will. If I physically can't, then I will keep repeating until I do!!! But damnit - it will happen.

And even though PMS sucks, my scale did move down 1/2 lbs. already so I'm shooting to get back to where I was (or less) by Wednesday.

Also, don't get to upset if your scales don't move once in a while. A few years back when I lost all my weight, someone had once told me that it sometimes can take up to 3 weeks to see the results of your efforts. So if you're doing everything right the results will show up eventually.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend everybody!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Arrivederci Wed Club!

My darling Wed Clubbers,

I am leaving today for my Italian adventure! I will miss you all very much.

Cassie, keep inspiring all of us!
Molly, way to go with all of your exercise! Let yourself be encouraged by your fellow clubbers and I just know you will be fine!
Deb, woohoo!!! So proud of you for getting into the C25K program! I know just how anxious you feel about getting to the next level but you will continuously surprise yourself!
Missfitt, thanks for your humor and positive outlook! You're doing great!
Kaitlin, you rock! Keep it up, Girl!

So I weighed myself this morning and I am 178.4 which means that I am just .4 above my mini goal of reaching 178 by September 4th. I am ok with this though because between you and me, the .4 is not stopping me from looking damn cute in my clothes and feeling good about my close to 20-pound weight loss!

I had a particularly tough Spring, losing my dad to a horrific disease and being with him as he passed away. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to live through and being a stress eater, throughout the 18-month caregiving process I had gained 20 pounds. I can't tell you all how content I am now to have taken that gain off in just over 3 months. I feel like things are moving forward and I am encouraged although still missing my awesome dad every single day. When I run, I think of him.

I will be back on September 25th. I hope you all have a successful and happy September!!!!!!!

Big hugs!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, have an awesome, awesome time! After everything that you've been through, you definitely deserve it! You've worked so hard on your fitness and it is paying off . I love your attitude about being close to that mini-goal and of course you have my undying respect for actually racing a 5K.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I agree that it does take a lot out of you and I am with you on it being the hardest thing ever, but I hope his memory gives you strength and I know that he would be so, so proud of you. I am sure that he would consider you a true survivor and champion. Stay strong when you can, let it out when you need to, and the rest will take care of itself.

Have a wonderful trip; we'll miss you.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-04-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

stupid question whats C25K?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Not a stupid question at all if you're not familiar with it!

C25K is the Couch to 5K Running program, a training program for people who have never run before, pacing them up to a 5K. It varies running and walking for the first weeks, with running gradually taking longer and longer. It's easy to find if you Google it; you can print it out and take a closer look if you're interested.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Ahh Thanks Cassie.

I am a terrible runner, tried something like that a few years ago and found it good while I kept it up. As much as I'd love to be a good runner I'm much happier brisk walking, find it to be a real mood booster and clears the head when I'm stressed.

Fair play to everyone giving it a go. Well done!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 09/08/2010

Good morning, Wed Clubbers!

What have you got this week?

Best wishes,
Molly
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys!

Sorry i was MIA last week- I moved in with my bf on wednesday which left no time at all to check in! It is an adorable 2 bedroom apt in the heart of a beautiful city. i am doing pretty well though! HOWEVER moving def got me off track a little bit. But not too much becuase i am down 1.8 since last weigh in 2 weeks ago. I am at 198! woo woo! Also yesterday i ran for 1.7 miles- 20 minutes. it felt great , well after i stopped it did. haha.

looking forward to hear from you all!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies!
209 this week! Ok, now we are on the way down again! Whew! I was worried after last week! I'm off to go swim. I got up at 5:15am (Good Lord that is early!), did you know the sun is not up at 5:15am? It's true, I witnessed it for myself. I had heard rumors about it, but really, it's true. No sun, nobody out, but me. Plus two friends. They are the ones that goaded me into getting up so early. They run/walk 2 miles every morning and asked if I wanted to join them. So I did. I lasted all of 7 minutes. But hey, it's 7 minutes longer than yesterday morning's 5:15am workout. (because there was none!) Here is my whining...er problem...I hurt all over. I mean serious joint pain when I first wake up every day. It takes a few hours, and some Aleve, but by then I am able to move about the world freely. So hopping out of bed and onto the road did not agree with my body AT.ALL! I do have arthritis in my back, knees and hips. But who are we (me) kidding? If I wasn't carrying around this extra 80 pounds, these things would not hurt as bad. At least I suspect that is how I will feel. At any rate, I am going to go again tomorrow and maybe I'll make it 9 minutes. We'll see.

That said, I am going to swim right now. Actually, I'm going to lift weights first, (something I never do), then swim. I usually swim about a mile. (5x200, 5x100, 5x50, 10 laps to top it off). My niece sent me a website called swimfit.com, I'm going to do a program from that site today.

I hope everyone is doing well this week and recovered from the bad water incident!
Take care!
Missfitt42

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.