Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-08-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
*hugs* Pam, don't get discouraged hon!

800 - 900 calories a day doesn't seem like that much at all. Do you think your body is storing it because it thinks it's starving? I know we're all different and our daily needs are different, but that seems very low.

What type of exercises are you doing? How long have you been at this current plateau?

On a different note, is it safe to assume you're a gamer? If so, I am too! =)
What do you play? Feel free to add me as a friend here on FitDay, I welcome all new buddies!
i know it isnt enough lol.. and it probably IS hanging onto it (even tho my doctor says he doesnt see any evidence of starvation * ketones in the urine* and I went to a dietician who told me to eat between 1200 - 1500 a day. Well, thats harder than it sounds. I had been eating between 600 - 800 for so long I am having problems upping the calories. And when I get them up there, it is because I either stopped by McDonalds or ate something like bread pudding.

Exercise: Monday and Friday I do an hour of cardio - treadmill, rowing machine, stationary bike, weights and stretching.

Tuesday, Thursday, I go to aquasize for 1 hour, and then on Wed and Thursday I swim laps and do my own aquasize for 60 - 90 minutes.

And starting Aug 23rd.. I signed up for my community college for something called Total Fitness which is access to a huge gym and all the equipment, walking track and pool.. and that will be on M W F and possibly Saturday if I am not too sore. Plus, I just got a new dog (a very hyper one lol) and we walk alot!

As for games.. I like most games off and on the computer. Online I play on Pogo. GameGal was my 1st name there way back like 10 yrs ago. Where/what do you play?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hello good people, thank you kindly for the support regarding my total domination over the scale (I'm really kidding, but I'm trying to enjoy the feeling as long as I can of conquering my fear over the damn thing).

Smoosh, grats on reaching your mini-goal - that is fully awesome.

Weightlossboo - it's the coolest thing when your old clothes become "new" again. Grats!

It's funny that you guys don't like Target - I'd love to have one near where I live! I love Wal-Mart's convenience and prices, but I like the cheap clothes at Target better than Wal-Mart's. But I agree with Almeeker, those "wood" shelves are horrid. I haven't even been to a Target in a good 2 years and I remember how hideous those things look!

GameGal, you'll get there - you've lost a good bit already. Sounds like some tweaking is in order, but you definitely have the focus and willpower, so the weight will start to come off again with trial and error. I'm inclined to agree with the folks that said you probably need to eat more (especially cuz it seems you're exercising a good bit). I like Chunky's idea of protein drinks, perhaps you could add the powder to a fruit smoothie? Just the smoothie alone is good for roughly 200-300 cal, depending on how much fruit and what kind of yogurt you use. I wish you luck.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
As for games.. I like most games off and on the computer. Online I play on Pogo. GameGal was my 1st name there way back like 10 yrs ago. Where/what do you play?
I play at Pogo a lot too. My nickname there is "smooshmc". Feel free to add me =). I love word games, puzzles, MMO's, seek & finds, trivia, you name it. I just have always loved playing games and trying new ones. Probably has contributed to my sedentary lifestyle though -- so I'm trying to cut back some of my game time and devote it to fitness.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I am trying very hard to cut back on my computer time. I used to be on playing at pogo, or one of the downloaded games... or doing web design about 18 hours a day. Now I am down to about 4 or 5 a day. And that is usually in trying to run my league. My screen name is MableRocker ( lol dont ask its a long story~) so I will add you and if we run into each other, be sure to say hi!!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Yes, I am trying very hard to cut back on my computer time. I used to be on playing at pogo, or one of the downloaded games... or doing web design about 18 hours a day. Now I am down to about 4 or 5 a day. And that is usually in trying to run my league. My screen name is MableRocker ( lol dont ask its a long story~) so I will add you and if we run into each other, be sure to say hi!!
Thanks Pam, I'll definitely look you up!
I have had a similar relationship with my computer over the years. I am a freelancer and work from home. I spend many hours on the computer both working & for recreation. It's not unusal for it to be 12+ hours daily. But I definitely want that to change. Will let you know how it goes! =)
Old 08-09-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm starting to wonder if my current plateau was caused in part by my mother, not that she's entirely to blame, I'm the one that chooses what goes in my mouth and weather or not I workout. But seriously, a month ago she tells me that I've lost enough weight, that I'm getting wrinkles and a turkey neck and I need to quit dieting. I think since that moment I've lost a pound, maybe 2. I've had a terrible time in keeping to my calorie budget, seems like I blow it every other day and all weekend long. Don't get me wrong, my mom wasn't being mean, it was just the nurse in her worried I might have an eating disorder or some such, however, she got exactly what she wanted I'm at a dead stop now. Before that conversation I was losing 1-3 pounds/week consistently and had almost never gone over my calorie budget. So how do I move on from here? I almost feel like I have to do something drastic, like sign myself up for a 5K, or run my mother down with a Hum-V. Any ideas?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Stay focused - today is a new day - start again - get back on your lifestyle eating plan. Have you told your Mom what has happened after she made those comments? I know my Mom could just look at me and I would falter - stay strong, be honest and be focused. If your Mom comments again - let her know what effect it has on you. My family unintentionally are constantly sabotaging me. At 245# AND diabetic, I shouldn't have to explain WHY I do not want to go to the Dairy Queen ... but I do.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

I think you might be right. I dont know you relationship with her, but maybe you unconsciously think you should obey her, and so it becomes an emotional reaction which often takes over your decisions.

Did you get nervous that if you lost more, she might get upset or angry with you? Did you wonder about the turkey neck etc and slow down because that would be "unattractive"? Or is it that you said to yourself, mom thinks I look good now, so she just gave me permission to stop/quit now?

Whatever the reason is, you need to re-convince yourself that you have a specific goal in mind, you are not anorexic, you can think and decide for yourself and get back in the groove. You might nicely tell your mother that while you appreciate her concern, you are a grown adult and have set goals that you will make. And if she cant be supportive, then you will just have to avoid that topic with her.

Oh cripe... just use the hum-v!! lol You know, there are a lot of charities that right now are doing to walk/runs. The one for cancer, heart disease etc. Maybe you really can walk/ run in one just to convince yourself how serious you are about staying on track? Just a thought.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker - You've lost an amazing amount of weight, and it's in a Mother's nature to worry (and in some cases, critise.) Either you listen to her or you smile politely and let her words fall on deaf ears.
As for the plateau, have you tried anything like circuit training/interval training? Maybe doing your workout at a different time of the day, breaking from your routine or trying something new?

I had a job interview today. It's only for a 1 day a week position wrapping parcels for an eBay seller, but it will pay for my gym membership if I'm successful. *Fingers crossed* I really need this for my self-esteem, and because I feel so guilty about my man paying for everything.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

@Boo - Good luck with the job! I hope you get it.

@Almeeker - I think your mom means well. She is probably just concerned, and expressing it in a way that may have affected you subconsciously. But I agree with what Carren said... today is a new day! If you look & feel fabulous, which you should, then keep it up! Maybe doing something like a 5k would be a fun challenge that jump starts the weight loss again?

My mother used to influence my ability to succeed at dieting quite a bit. She too meant well, but she would constantly micro-manage me and say, "Should you be eating that?" "Is that good for you?" "Save some for later."

It would upset me so much that I ended up sneak-eating just to avoid her comments. I always felt not-quite-good-enough, no matter what I did. Other achievements in my life that I was incredibly proud of, and I'm sure she was too, just seemed to pale a bit because I was (am) fat. I always felt like she was embarrassed of me as her child because of my weight issues, as my older brother and sisters are normally weighted. I loved my mom, but she could be mean-spirited at times. She passed away from lung cancer in 2002, and I miss her a lot, but not the comments about my weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.