Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-08-2010, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Boo-yah, take that, o fear of le olde scale!

I have to say that I'm pretty happy; I knew that I had gained a good bit since I'd been on a scale last and wasn't ready to deal with the number...until today. Right now, I'm 5# up from when I got married about a year and a half ago (also the last time I got on a scale), so that weight gain is just about gone. Pretty soon I'll be working on getting under that number. Woot!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29 View Post
Boo-yah, take that, o fear of le olde scale!

I have to say that I'm pretty happy; I knew that I had gained a good bit since I'd been on a scale last and wasn't ready to deal with the number...until today. Right now, I'm 5# up from when I got married about a year and a half ago (also the last time I got on a scale), so that weight gain is just about gone. Pretty soon I'll be working on getting under that number. Woot!
Brilliant! That's a wonderful start.

Ordered a new swimsuit today. Mine just doesn't fit anymore.
I can also do up 3 pairs of my old jeans. Still a bit tight but another couple of weeks and they'll be perfect.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29 View Post
Grats to everyone's losses! Sorry to make it so general, but it beats screwing up people's screen names and such.

Alright, I've had enough of the guessing game, you all have inspired me and I'm buying a scale at Wal-Mart today. It's been 3 months, I've lost over 4" from my waist, I think I can handle seeing what I weigh. I'll keep you all posted.
Good girl, you've been doing so well that no matter what that scale says you've lost quite a bit already. I think my waist was down 4" from start, after I'd lost maybe 25-30 pounds, the next time I turn on the Wii I'll check it for you.

I'm sooo jealous that you can just run out to WM and expect to find a specific item. Our WM is being renovated (and I use that term lightly), because it's not being renovated so much as it's being made mess of. So far the only improvement I can see is new flooring, that, and they've rearranged everything to look just like this Target store (that I hate). It's going to be a while before I can make a run to WM and go straight to what I need.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all Target stores, just one in particular.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies!

I am so excited this morning because I got on the scale and found I had dropped a few more pounds -- reaching my first mini-goal of 10 lbs. destroyed before my deadline. YIPPEE!

I realize this first week, things have come off faster than they will going forward, as my body gets used to healthier living... but boy it feels good. My muscles are sore from the exercise I've been getting, but my clothes are already feeling a bit looser.

Also, I was watching some weight loss transformation videos on YouTube last night, and boy were some of them so inspiring. Others viewed like infomercials (which they probably were), but it was really encouraging to see so many successful folks out there doing what we're all trying to do.

Keep up the good work everyone! LET'S DO THIS!
Old 08-08-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Wahoo Changeisgood-- you rock!

Almeeker- they renovated our walmart earlier this year. It was very annoying and now I can't find anything... However... maybe if I pretend its Target, I will be able to? LOL
Old 08-08-2010, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

I hate ALL Targets. Not only is their layout really odd, they dont even have departments in things a lot of ppl need. But my biggest dislike about Target is.. I hadnt been there in many years and finally had to go for some reason... asked where the 'Plus" clothes were. The associate looked me up and down and 1st said, we dont carry anything in your size ( I am a 3X) and all other plus clothes are in this little section along the wall. I came to find out this was not unique to that Target. I even had one woman tell me they put it where they do so that as few people as possible have to view the BBW ( altho she wasnt as nice to say BBW).

I DO like Walmart, but it depends which WM it is. I have 5 in about a 5 mile radius from me. The closest is the one I have gone to the most, has become the worst one. It is never stocked with things you need. You rarely can find help when you need it. And they keep re-arranging things trying to give the store a more 'open' less crowded feel to it. A couple of the other ones are much better stocked ( although finding help isnt easy in any of them), when you do find someone, they are at least friendly. For a while I got frustrated in not being able to find what I wanted and so began ordering online. http://www.walmart.com It is cheaper generally than in the store and most things are available to be shipped to your store for free.

I am proud of all you who have some awesome accomplishments! *(thats ALL of you by the way). I am still frustrated with my weight. I gain 10 - 15 lbs of water weight weekly.. take diaretics and lose that much in 1 day.. but my actual weight isnt moving. I am still eating ( for the most part ) healty and watching calories and carbs etc. I have a huge prob keeping the fats under control... and I am still struggling to get to at least 1200 calories a day. I am mostly still stuck at about 800 - 900. But you would think with that low, I would be dropping like a stone... I know, I know.. the fewer you eat, the harder the weight hangs on. <sigh> I hate this!!

Last edited by GameGal; 08-08-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

*hugs* Pam, don't get discouraged hon!

800 - 900 calories a day doesn't seem like that much at all. Do you think your body is storing it because it thinks it's starving? I know we're all different and our daily needs are different, but that seems very low.

What type of exercises are you doing? How long have you been at this current plateau?

On a different note, is it safe to assume you're a gamer? If so, I am too! =)
What do you play? Feel free to add me as a friend here on FitDay, I welcome all new buddies!
Old 08-08-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78 View Post
Wahoo Changeisgood-- you rock!

Almeeker- they renovated our walmart earlier this year. It was very annoying and now I can't find anything... However... maybe if I pretend its Target, I will be able to? LOL
Hey, it's worth a shot. That Target I hate is the worst, it's painted in really cold shades of gray, has strip fluorescent lighting that lean toward the cool end of the color spectrum and the whole thing has about the same appeal as a soggy rain cloud, it's hard to believe that's a look that any store would install intentionally. WM also is installing exactly the same shelving units as that awful Target, which have the ugliest fake wood paneling I've ever seen. Keep in mind I was a child of the 70's...
Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Week One - DONE!

Why am I amazed when I loose weight when I have been trying to do so all week? Strange brain activity for sure. Excited to see the 4# weight loss so I did my weekly measurements and they are showing - over all the body - 4" loss. Mostly my calf must be all the walking lately. Making sure I do my journal daily and my food log too! I read about that Dr. Oz DNA info recently in a magazine - I KNOW, I KNOW - but it was so close to what I was trying to do I adopted what he said for my body shape, and VOILA! I am absolutely full & satisfied with the food and the balances of prot/carb/fat. Plus it keeps me just around the 1200 cal mark, instead of the 2000 one I was doing I know I will get the hang of this - sooner or later. Have a super day ladies! 'Walk on!' (my version of Rock On! - LOL)

Last edited by carrenross; 08-08-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

Carrenn- I know what you mean... I'm always shocked and delighted too LOL.
Gamegal-- what about trying a protein shake.. or 2? a day... I use the Jillian Michaels kind and it tastes like chocolate milk.
My weight loss for my 3 weeks has been 8 lbs, 5 lbs, and 10 lbs. I started the protein shakes on week 3... Not sure if that's what helped boost the lbs lost, but it sure didn't hurt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.