Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

I keep seeing people from upstate ny on here !
Old 08-16-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

OK I am not sure what FD is doing to the link, but try copy and pasting this into your browser...

Protein, Fat And Carbohydrate -- Use This Online Calculator -- To Lose Weight

Hope everyone has a good day! Weather is finally!!! beautiful here so if it is by you, then get out and enjoy it! And LDYBUG???????? Get on that eliptical!!!

PS, apparently it made it into a link again, but this one seems to work.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies! =)

Well today was measurement day, and I'm pleased to share that I have lost from .5" - 1" in my forearm, chest, thighs and calves this week. Last week I lost in my neck, waist, chest, hips -- so apparently my body is sizing down in phases, LOL.

The scale is stationary at 255, but I'm psyched for meeting my mini-goal before the end of the month and I'm confident that a few more pounds will melt away before we hit September.

So, as I head into my 3rd week back, my focus this week is on continuing my daily movement and trying to increase protein while lowering sodium intake. I'm changing the positive quotations on my fridge every week too, to help keep me motivated and I'm reading as much about health & fitness as possible to feed my brain, while I feed my body.

The body/mind connection really makes a big difference in your success I find. Retraining my thoughts is as important as retraining my body to make this lifestyle change.

We can do this! Have a super week!

Best regards,
Smoosh
Old 08-16-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ldybug1752
LOL Oh no!! Not almeeker!! I know she'd kick me right into gear!

Thank you for the suggestions I will have to look at different breads and such..I usually like to eat a tuna sandwich for lunch, and not even every day, but it really helps me to get the protein I need. Otherwise I suppose I could just eat tuna out of the bowl, but I think the bread helps to fill me up, too.
A good way to get your tuna "sandwich" and still get your bread without adding a lot of carbs (when I originally typed that, I typed "craps" instead...LOL, aren't we all trying to avoid more "crap" in our food?) is to try wraps instead of bread. I use the Mission Low Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla wraps with my tuna, and it is delicious! I still get the taste of the "bread", but it's a lot healthier & less carbs than a few slices of bread.

I second the yogurt with the protein powder. I have had good success using Greek Yogurt with only a half-cup of 1% milk (nonfat would probably be OK too), and it helps thicken it up a bit & make it more like a shake. Throw a handful of ice cubes in there to make it even thicker (for flavor, I like to use half a frozen banana and some peanut butter ).

Congrats smoosh on the inch loss! Even when the scale doesn't move, the measurements really help you notice that you ARE making a difference!

A.Maliki - Everyone has different ratios that work well for them. My doctor recommended a 55C/30P/15F for my insulin resistance (basically pre pre-diabetes) and PCOS, which worked well the first 4 weeks, but then the scale started getting wonky & I've tweaked the carbs down to 45-50% and I'm starting to see some results again. I think 50C/30P/20F is a good starting point, but based on your individual needs (example - diabetics might need lower carbs, people with kidney problems might need lower protein, etc), you'll need to tweak it to see what gives you the best results.

So official weigh-in this morning showed a nice 2lb loss for the week, and I'm holding at 231.6lbs. I got all the way down to 231.2 yesterday, but a late night Special K Strawberry cereal snack attack pushed my carbs a little higher than usual, and likely added the .4lbs of water weight. It's amazing and a little sad to see how just 20 extra grams of carbs can have an impact on the scale for me. But it's also helpful to know that, so I can anticipate seeing that extra weight on the scale & know why it's there.

The bad news is that I'm still sick. I felt better yesterday and was hopeful that I was on the mend, but I'm back at work today with cold sweats & dizziness. I'm trying to tough it out today because I have a group therapy session after work tonight, and the office is close to my job (and both are an hour away from home), but tomorrow I'll have to see if I feel worse. No exercise this morning...third day in a row, and I'm starting to get antsy. The dizziness, extreme fatigue, and stuffed up head just make it impossible to try to do anything to get my heart rate up. But I hope to make up for it later this week!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the great inspiration; it's helping me through the white knuckling phase!!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Smoosh - congrats on your measurement loss!

I am one of those who does 40/40/20 - and not do it well! LOL It is a goal, I am mostly worried about the balance of carb/protein ratio. I need the protein to slow down the carbs from dumping sugar (fuel) into system (diabetic) all at once.
Today is a challange for me to be flexible. Co-worker phoned in sick so now I am working a split shift and will not be home until 10:30pm. I usually eat when I get home so...I am saving my protein drink until then. I will have yogurt/peach at work around 8pm. Looks like time for a bit of a snooze before I have to go back. TTFN Carren
Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam, that link worked fine. All the advice was great, guys. I think I might start off with Michelle's 50%/30%/20% (C/P/F) just because it's a closer goal to what I was doing (pre-this week) which was carbs and fat galore!

Congratulations to those of you who have succeeded in losing weight this week. I hope I do as well come Thursday (end of week 1!!).
Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

My work trial yesterday went good, and the manager asked me to come in Thursday and Friday so her number 1 packer can have some much needed holiday. I won't know until Friday if I've definitely got a position, but it is looking positive so far. Only negative will be that my fitness regime may struggle a bit until I find my groove, and as it's my first job for 6 months I'm expecting to be very tired and sore at the end of the day. Meh, I'll get through it some how. And at least I'll have some money for a much needed haircut and some certain under garments that are now too big.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

OK, so I have found that I really do need to be eating more to lose weight more consistently... More calories and more protein...
But, I'm bored! (With food!) I don't even want to eat. Sometimes I am really hungry, and I come home to eat... fix something-- and then after just a couple bites, I want to stop eating it. I don't know if its because I'm in a rut of eating bland stuff, or what? I have been forcing myself to eat regular meals, because lots of times, I just don't want to. Without TRYING to make myself eat more, I would be good with around 1000-1200 calories a day...
(but I've noticed that my weight loss slows down when I am not getting around at least 1800 calories a day.

Does anyone else just not really want to eat? (Or not care if they do?)
Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Glucose Readings Going Down....

Good Moring Ladies:

I wish you all a peaceful day and I am sending support for everyone's success.

This morning it was 143 down from 158 a few days ago...at least what I am doing is working...that 158 over the weekend was definitely a wake-up call.

I am avoiding weighing myself because that just gets me into trouble. Just gonna' take it a meal a a time and try to understand my crankiness overall...being a counselor I have to get to the bottom of this...maybe feelings are perculating up now that the junk is not going down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.