Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
For the 5 years we've belonged to the gym, we've always driven up there. It's 1.55 miles away, so there and back is exactly 3.1 miles or 5K. Earlier this summer it occurred to me that I was driving 3.1 miles to walk 5K on a treadmill. How stupid is that? So now I walk/run up there and just lift weights and then walk/run home.
LOL, that made me giggle..> does seem a little silly

So, I think I lost 10 lbs this week, and met my first goal... HOWEVER. I think I need a new scale... I have the dial kind, and I HATE how you weigh a different amount depending on exactly where it is. I forgot about that, and moved it... I think it is back in the same spot as before, but if I move it over 3 inches, I weigh a couple pounds more. Ugh.
The only reason I even think I've lost 10 lbs was because I've been weighing myself every day this week, and yesterday I was sitting right between 340 and 341... and then I moved the scale last night!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

ChunkyDunk - Definitely get yourself a new scale. My old scales were always between 5-20lbs out, very frustrating.
Glad you had a great week nonetheless! Keep at it girl and those pounds will melt away.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

Grats on your successes this week Boo & Chunky, and everyone else! =)
I've been trying not to get on the scale everyday, but so far I'm down 8 lbs., and that's exciting. Again, it's probably just water weight since this is my first week recommitting to good health & fitness... but I'll take it.

What I'm more excited about is that I've actually been MOVING every day this week. It's taken effort, no doubt, but I am very happy to look back on the week and say "I did it!"

Keep up the good work all.

Hugs,
Smoosh
Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker said...

Um, my mom has a set.
Ummm are you saying I am old??
Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

I went and bought a new scale... the WW digital one (only $25 bucks at walmart, nice!)

And it confirmed that I was at 340 today, so phew. and woot. LOL
Old 08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Ummm are you saying I am old??
Nope, just that I'm a leettle bit cooler. Actually you are right, his workouts are fun and sort of silly, but motivating and appropriate for many different fitness levels. My mom really does have a set and I admit to borrowing them, I think when she bought them I didn't have any extra money to buy my own set. She also has Tae Bo. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was my dad doing Tae Bo, or make that "trying" to do Tae Bo. I mean seriously Billy Blanks can kick like 3 times before my dad can pick up his foot and shake his shoe a little, but I will say that he at least gave it a go. My dad is one to buy pretty much any gizmo to get in shape, not that he's in shape mind you. They have a Bowflex, a treadmill, a stationary bike and now dad's eying my elliptical like that's got some possibility in his future....
Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
I went and bought a new scale... the WW digital one (only $25 bucks at walmart, nice!)

And it confirmed that I was at 340 today, so phew. and woot. LOL
Very very nice, I love my WW digital from WM. I understand the new ones do BMI and lean muscle calculations. I have an older one, and it just weighs you.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Very very nice, I love my WW digital from WM. I understand the new ones do BMI and lean muscle calculations. I have an older one, and it just weighs you.

That's what I have (I can't believe it was so cheap!)

It measures weight, body fat weight, body fat %, body water %, bone mass value, and BMI. very interested.

you know what's weird... It has a chart for normal amounts, and for a female my age it says target is 6-6.8... Mine was 8.3! How can this be? (i know you lose bone mass as you get older... shouldn't I have lost some! GEEEEEEEEEEZ) lol
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Grats to everyone's losses! Sorry to make it so general, but it beats screwing up people's screen names and such.

Alright, I've had enough of the guessing game, you all have inspired me and I'm buying a scale at Wal-Mart today. It's been 3 months, I've lost over 4" from my waist, I think I can handle seeing what I weigh. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Grats to everyone's losses! Sorry to make it so general, but it beats screwing up people's screen names and such.

Alright, I've had enough of the guessing game, you all have inspired me and I'm buying a scale at Wal-Mart today. It's been 3 months, I've lost over 4" from my waist, I think I can handle seeing what I weigh. I'll keep you all posted.
Awesome! Let us know what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.