haha you earned my respect
Old 07-03-2023, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

thanks
Old 11-05-2023, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi All,
Got back last night from a 2 week vacation. First time in ages that I was totally unplugged and it was really great!

The trip was a rail pass on AMTRAK from LA to Seattle on the Coast Starlite. The pass allowed us 8 legs in 15 days. We started out at 10:30 AM and took our first stop in San Jose at 9 PM. A friend pick us up and we stayed the night in Palo Alto. The next day we had a great 7 mile hike in the Redwoods and back on the train at 9 PM for an overnight to Eugene OR where we stayed with my sister for 2 nights. Again a great 7 mile hike. Then on to Portland for 2 night with friends and here the sinning began, brewpubs, wine bars, and great food. Lots of walking, but no serious exercise. Then on to Seattle and the Olympic Penn. for 4 days. The friends were were staying with are in their 70s so we did a lot of windshield touring... and drinking ... and eating.

The last leg was back down the coast to Monteray, where it was just the 2 of us. We found a great Inn, rented bikes (single speeds) and pedelled the 12 miles over to Carmel for lunch and back on Monday. Then home on Tuesday.

I highly recommend the trip! We had a sleeper for a couple of legs and coach seats for most. Tons of fun and a great way to see the country.

NOW, back to the routine. I am sure I picked up a couple of pounds, but vacation pounds are usually pretty easy to lose if you get right back to the routine.

Welcome back Mai, glad to see you are enjoying gettting moving again. SW and Abby, you guys are inspirational and Mary... wow. Hello to all the more recent posters, looking forward to reading your stories.
Are you satisfied with Amtrak service? Your Amtrak journey sounds like an incredible adventure! It's great to hear how Amtrak customer service contributed to making your vacation memorable. The blend of scenic travels, hiking, and enjoying local cuisine seems like a perfect way to unwind and recharge. Now that you're back, jumping back into your routine will surely help with those vacation pounds. Your trip is definitely inspiring for those looking to explore and stay active!

Last edited by leowhite; 11-07-2023 at 06:19 PM.