The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,
I have no weight to record this week. I was on vacation visiting my family and just got back. I fear the scale this week, but I will take whatever number it doles out standing up and move on from there. Every time I visit my family I know exactly why we are all fat! That is the land of no vegetables, or Meatworld, if you will. Except for one niece, who is a vegan, the rest are in processed meatland. I love them dearly, but they need educated on healthy nutrition, that’s for sure! My niece, the vegan, has proposed a challenge for us to get healthy. We all put in $25, lose 25 pounds by 6 months and whoever does that wins the pot. If nobody does it, we have to pay another $25, and lose another 25 pounds. Until we are all healthy. My sisters and bils seemed receptive of the idea. It starts on Sept 8th. I’m totally in!

Molly,
Your picture is fabulous! Thank you for sharing! It looks so beautiful there! Now I want to go. Maybe next years vacation will be to Austria. I have never tried kayaking, but I’ve tubed down a few creeks in my day. We just did that this past summer and it was a blast, but my son was not happy with the slow parts. He’s 8, so waiting 10 seconds for anything exciting to happen is a lifetime to him. (and me, since he lets me know how irritated he is that time travels so slow!) Perhaps your gain is from traveling? Did you fly? When I fly, I retain water for a day or 7 months afterwards....or maybe it’s the vacationing and not the flying that I’ve been blaming it on all these years? Something to think about.

Rose,
a 5k in 37:42 sounds awesome to me! Way to go, girl!

Kaitlin,
Great weight loss! Any weight loss is a loss and I think that is fabulous!

BoraDeb,
yay to you too! You can still reach your 9/1 goal.

Cassie,
I am considering a turkey trot too! I don’t run, so it will be a huge adjustment for me, but I really want to beat my family in the weight loss challenge, so that is my motivator.

I am fully remotivated to eat healthy and exercise now that I’ve read all your posts! Thank you so much for taking the time out to check in and keep each other in check, it really helps!

missfitt42
Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Missfitt, welcome back! That challenge sounds like an fabulous idea! I'll be rooting for you to win the pot! You can buy yourself some cute new and smaller clothes with the money.

And thanks for the encouragement!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default C25K Begins!!!

Good morning everyone!

Like I said I couldn't wait to start the C25K, so I did run W1D1 on Friday just to get a feel for it. But today is my official start day and I started with W1D1 again and I feel GREAT! It's really hard to NOT jump ahead, but I'm determined to do this slow and steady.

On the food front I need some advice on how to handle the weekends. I'm good all week and drop weight easily, but then the weekend comes and I just get so involved with everything going on I don't log my food or drink my water and every Monday there is a gain. I know WHAT I have to do, but do any of you have any tricks/plans to help keep you on track?

Thanks,
Debbie
Old 08-23-2010, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, way to go for starting the C25K. I am sure you will love it! It's amazing how consistently you will improve week after week. However tempting it is do not skip ahead. Your muscles need the time to strengthen to protect your knees and ankles.

As for the weekends, I totally agree, it's the hardest time to stay on track and I have no magic trick to share with you unfortunately. It's just about taking a few minutes a day to track your food. Just keeping track, will help you to avoid too much overindulging. Another thing that has worked for me is to go into the weekend with a plan. If you know you are going somewhere, plan what you will eat there before you go so when you are there, you just stick to your plan and you don't have to make any snap decisions.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 09/01/2010

Good morning, Wed Clubbers!

it's that time of the week again! Check in what worked, check in what didn't, check in whatever you're keeping track of. Newbies welcome!

I hope you are all off to a great week,

Molly
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys,

I'm slacking with my food tracking and I have recently begun to stuff my face with everything in sight. So... I'm back to where I started weightwise . Back at 130 lbs, I can't believe it!

Obviously, I'm annoyed with myself for having let go, but I try to see it as an opportunity to simply start afresh. I did some rope skipping this morning and will go to the pool this afternoon, so at least I haven't given up yet

Take care everyone!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default week #3

Back to where I started, but not because I'm not watching or exercising, it is the PMS monster LOL

On a brighter note, I am on W2D2 of C25K and I am absolutely LOVING this program!

More water for me and we'll see what the scale says next week, cause I'm not sweating the small stuff.

Have a great week everyone and remember....it's a journey not a race!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ladies, just want to encourage you to keep on doing what you're doing. I have had two slip ups over July and August and I can tell you that what took the weight off before will take it off again. Get back to your plan like you talked about and your body will respond. If you can make yourself do it for a day, you'll get back into the rhythm really quick. You can do it!!!

I've had a good active week to make up for some slips the week before, so since last Wed. I've done tennis three times, run 5K once (though not in a race), did a session of intervals on the treadmill, and done the weight training twice. It really is just as good for your mind as it is for your body; I'm trying to make a conscious decision to use it when stressed or just plain grouchy

Glad you like the C25K, Deb!

Hope everyone has an awesome week!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Well Ladies, looks like something is going around here at the Wed Club. Did someone spike our water cooler with something?

I am really annoyed. I worked so hard all week, ran a 5K race, ran 3 other times, did weight training, danced all night on Saturday and biked around the city. I ate really well, never breaking the 1550 calorie mark and yet I got a big fat goose egg on the scale today. Nothing. Nada. No loss for me!

Like Cassie says, what took the weight off before will take it off again and this is the time when we really need to stay focused and committed.

I may not make my mini goal of reaching 178 by Saturday which will be a bit of a bummer but I took my body measurements today and since starting my weight loss program I have lost a whopping 4 inches of my waist! That is amazing to me! I feel really great and really healthy so to hell with the scale with whom I am very angry. In fact the scale and I are totally not speaking today. I even told that scale where to go this morning, if you know what I mean. I won't repeat the expletives here since we are a family friendly bunch here at the Wed Club.

Molly, Deb, stay active. We can do this!
Cassie, you rock!

Happy Wednesday, Clubbers!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

"...to hell with the scale with whom I am very angry. In fact the scale and I are totally not speaking today. I even told that scale where to go this morning, if you know what I mean..."

Best quote ever!!!

Way to show us what it's all really about, Rose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.