Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! I am blown away by everyone's results!

Haley, that is amazing! Congrats on your 2.2 pound weight loss this week. Way to go, Girl!

Nessasonic, 4lbs in one week is insane! I don't know how you do it but big congrats on losing 41 pounds so far. You are my idol!

Frank look at you! You're a machine. Your determination is really admirable, keep up the awesome job!

As for me, I lost another pound this week. I was really hoping for more but this weekend, I had a big dinner to attend and 2 brunches so I am happy with my results. I am proud that I made the best choices possible while eating in restaurants 3 times in one week. As for fitness, my running is coming along great and I am on level 2 of the 30 Day Shred now so it is kicking my butt but I feel really good. I took my measurements on Saturday and in the last 4 weeks I lost 1.5 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips. I am happy with my results!

Have a great day, Everyone!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-07-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Great news from all this week! Congrats! Haley, reading your workout makes me tired! No wonder those pounds are dropping off

Nessa, way to GO! Sounds like you found what works...enjoy basking in your glory with the relatives; you've earned it!

Frank...wow...what a beast! Big, big difference...great job! Sometimes the pics will say it better than anything. It's really paying off for you

Rose, good job on the choices and the exercising! Isn't it good to know that you can negotiate a dangerous food situation and still keep the scale going down? You sound really confident now. I love that 30DS.

As for me, still maintaining. Food's been a little hairy with summer stuff and having to be out a lot with my son at tournaments, etc., so it's kinda up and down but within a pound, pound and a half. I've stretched my runs out to 3.25 miles from 3...what a great feeling from a kid who lagged way behind the others in the 600 yard dash in elementary school, Want to get some more weights so I can go the next heavier step, but saw yesterday that they're not cheap, so I'll either look around some more or try to find another solution...I can't keep getting new ones every time I'm ready to increase by two pounds

Hope you all have a great week!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys,

so for starters- i tried to find you all last week but i went to the wrong forum- oops! but i found it today! and i'll remember where to look this time!

Well i am down .6 pounds.. at 212.2 currently.. i was 210.8 last friday but went back up- i really need to learn not to beat myself up over those 1-2 pounds- it is bound to happen. I really need to workout more but i feel so busy after work that i cant find time. I suppose i need to start MAKING time... I can bitch and complain all i want but i need to change some things in order to get the results i want. Eating healthy isnt enough.

Although i have been eating very healthy- even with all the outings, events, etc i have been choosing healthy options. I am really proud about that aspect.

Nessa- i am currently going through the same thing with Aunt flow visiting- i am wondering if i am retaining water as well?!

and Fourank- wow! what a difference, you look great. there isnt a part of your body that you cant see the change! I hope one day i can take pictures and share them as well!

thank you all for the motivation,
next week i cant wait to share again.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Ditto on the congrats to everyone...very excited to see and hear good news from the people on our group. It is inspiring and encouraging to meet up from week to week and see the success that we are having. Good job everyone!

I am glad to be back from vacation...and I lost 2 lbs. I walked almost every other day and I helped with hay making....huge workout. Sweated my buns off and was dead tired by the end of the day. My arm muscles still hurt and that was days ago.

Glad to be back.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

thanks everyone! I think my big loss this week is a testament to keep plugging away even when you're on a plateau- because you don't know when it's going to break and completely surprise you!

kcolville- I think it definitely could be water retention. It's pretty common for most women around that time. I wonder why? Just keep at it- I bet you'll have a huge loss next week, and .6lbs gone is still .6lbs gone!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

oops- also, I forgot to say, wow! Fourank, you're really looking good. HUGE difference!!! and also congrats to everyone else who kept up with their regimen!

Last edited by NessaSonic; 07-07-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: forgot an n
Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Wed Club!

Great to hear that everybody is doing so well!!
Frank, keep taking pictures! Awesome progress! You look great!!

I'm currently maintaining, so I presume I need to change up my routine a bit. Maybe add low-cals-days here and there and mix up my exercise regimen. Cassie offered some great advice as to what cardio I could do, so I will give boxing a try. I won't lie, I'm still bumped that jogging is out of the question, especially since I feel energetic enough to do say 5 or 6 kms, but I guess I just have to work around my medical condition and stop pining myself.

I will spend the weekend at a private festival which some friends of mine have organised and I'm SOO looking forward to it. There will be lots of grilling, but also lots of movement (we will play soccer, frisbee, badminton, go swimming...) And I'll get there by bike, which is a 40 mile-journey!! Woohoo!! A close friend and I will set off first thing tomorrow morning and are planning to get to our destination within 4 hours. We might stop in between to hop into the river which we will cycle along for most of the way. I have no clue how it will feel to cycle this far (the farthest I've gotten this year was 20 miles), but I'm really looking forward to it. I keep you guys updated!!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Hello, I am not new to FitDay I joined last month havent had time to play around with it. Anyway I am a mother of four children and I am just beginning to train for my FIRST figure competition on November 20 this year my goal is to drop about 20 pounds and get lean as possible. I dont eat like the average person, cause hell I'm not average and I don't train average..I have a motto "GO HARD OR GO HOME", I love to support people on the road to wellness....I sure am! I start training tomorrow and since I see everyone logs on here everyweek and I won't get a full week my next log will be 7/21/2010 let's see what happens by then...GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL....BE HEALTHY STAY HEALTHY ....................
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for the words of praise for my change in the last month. I did my weigh in today and I am still at 201 but I lost another 1/2 inch around my waist alone. I started this journey with a 41 inch waist and now I am down to a 36.5 I am very proud of this achevement.

MollySue holy poop 40 miles just to go some where to relax...did you know that you have to come back the way you came? J/K That would be an awesome ride. Especially being next to a river you will have the nice cool breeze blowing.

Congrats to everyone else on their lose and having the will power to maintain. I will have to change my diet again to shead some more pounds. I guess last weeks 6 pound loss will have to hold me over until next weeks weigh in.

Together we can reach our goals!
Frank
Old 07-08-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Rose, good job on the choices and the exercising! Isn't it good to know that you can negotiate a dangerous food situation and still keep the scale going down? You sound really confident now. I love that 30DS.

As for me, still maintaining. Food's been a little hairy with summer stuff and having to be out a lot with my son at tournaments, etc., so it's kinda up and down but within a pound, pound and a half. I've stretched my runs out to 3.25 miles from 3...what a great feeling from a kid who lagged way behind the others in the 600 yard dash in elementary school, Want to get some more weights so I can go the next heavier step, but saw yesterday that they're not cheap, so I'll either look around some more or try to find another solution...I can't keep getting new ones every time I'm ready to increase by two pounds

Hope you all have a great week!
Cassie, thank you so much for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. I definitely feel more confident. However this heat wave we are having has definitely put a little dent in my running routine. I just can't run out there right now and I had put my gym membership on hold, thinking I didn't need it for now. I think we are supposed to get down to more normal temperatures this weekend. My last run was on Tuesday and it was exhausting because of the heat. I am aiming to run again tomorrow (Saturday) and hopefully be back in the swing of things. I finally broke down and got an air conditioner so at least I can keep doing that 30DS.

Congratulations on your maintenance and your running! You must be so proud. It just goes to show that the kids that peak in school are definitely not necessarily the ones who find the most success later. You are a real athlete now! I find it very inspiring and I truly hope I am where you are one day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.