April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

I've been busy and haven't checked in for awhile, but still losing weight and logging with Fitday. I'm half way there already, and over half way on my long-term goal.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

I fell apart yesterday and hope I didn't sabatoge myself.
I have a cold, which in itself was not hampering me, but when I went for my homemade soup for lunch, I discovered that someone had left only half a serving.
The at dinner time my husband was a little wishy washy about what he wanted, so I nuked him a bag meal and had a sandwich myself.
Nutrition was not great and I can only hope the Halls and ice cream to soothe my throat was not a problem.
I am better today.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
I have a cold, which in itself was not hampering me, but when I went for my homemade soup for lunch, I discovered that someone had left only half a serving.
The at dinner time my husband was a little wishy washy about what he wanted, so I nuked him a bag meal and had a sandwich myself.
Nutrition was not great and I can only hope the Halls and ice cream to soothe my throat was not a problem.
I am better today.
I hope you feel better! and i'm sure the few treats will not hurt your hardwork! it is all about moderation
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by travbrad View Post
I've been busy and haven't checked in for awhile, but still losing weight and logging with Fitday. I'm half way there already, and over half way on my long-term goal.
WOW! that is great! you are half way there! keep up all that hard work..
Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
I am better today.
Hope you feel better!

My advice is to make sure you log the ice cream and everything--it's way too easy (for me at least) to get into the habit of not logging accurately, especially if it's something bad/embarrasing.

One or two off-plan days won't matter in the long run. Put them behind you and get right back on.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Today i am feeling kinda funky- out of it. I feel emotional over dieting. i know it sounds weird but it is mind over matter for me when it comes to putting that rice krispy treat in my mouth. I need to keep telling myself i do not want it..but i do!

lately i feel like an emotional rollercoaster!

Dieting has a big emotional impact on me for many reasons- sometimes i feel like people are watching what i eat and that annoys me- i can take care of myself, and sometimes i am moody because i wish i could eat whatever i wanted, and then there are the tantrums- these recently started. It is almost as if i am 2 years old. I get so mad and worked up about having a restricted diet that i breakdown...luckily my boyfriend understands (somewhat). dieting is not just about working out and dropping the weight- it has a huge emotional toll...and it impacts me more sometimes...i do not know why!

i mean it is JUST food, right? why am i getting so mad?!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
Today i am feeling kinda funky- out of it. I feel emotional over dieting. i know it sounds weird but it is mind over matter for me when it comes to putting that rice krispy treat in my mouth. I need to keep telling myself i do not want it..but i do!

Dieting has a big emotional impact on me for many reasons- sometimes i feel like people are watching what i eat and that annoys me- i can take care of myself, and sometimes i am moody because i wish i could eat whatever i wanted, and then there are the tantrums- these recently started. It is almost as if i am 2 years old. I get so mad and worked up about having a restricted diet that i breakdown...luckily my boyfriend understands (somewhat). dieting is not just about working out and dropping the weight- it has a huge emotional toll...and it impacts me more sometimes...i do not know why!

Kaitlin, what is your plan for when you meet your goal?

I know I'm not one to talk, never having maintained a stable weight for more than a few months (if that), but I am trying to work out a plan to do that.

Sooner or later you're going to have to stop "dieting"--perhaps now is the time? Someone asked me how my "diet" was going the other day--I'm afraid I jumped down their throat, informing them that I DO NOT DIET--it's a lifestyle change. And I mean that.

Speaking from my experience as a yo-yo, if you don't look at this as truly a lifestyle change, anything you've lost will come back and bring friends.

It's not fair, I know, but that's life for some of us. There are lots of people who have worse problems. I think we just need to man (or women) up and deal with it.

Have a "cheat day", if you need to, log it, and move on. Perhaps you need more calories in your eating plan--yes, the weight will come off more slowly, but there's always trade-offs in anything we do.

In any case, log what you eat, without fail. Once you stop doing that, I can tell you, it's a quick downhill spiral.

Try to have a good day and let us know how you're doing. From what I've seen, I truly believe you can get through this.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Kaitlin, what is your plan for when you meet your goal?

I know I'm not one to talk, never having maintained a stable weight for more than a few months (if that), but I am trying to work out a plan to do that.

Sooner or later you're going to have to stop "dieting"--perhaps now is the time? Someone asked me how my "diet" was going the other day--I'm afraid I jumped down their throat, informing them that I DO NOT DIET--it's a lifestyle change. And I mean that.

Speaking from my experience as a yo-yo, if you don't look at this as truly a lifestyle change, anything you've lost will come back and bring friends.

It's not fair, I know, but that's life for some of us. There are lots of people who have worse problems. I think we just need to man (or women) up and deal with it.

Have a "cheat day", if you need to, log it, and move on. Perhaps you need more calories in your eating plan--yes, the weight will come off more slowly, but there's always trade-offs in anything we do.

In any case, log what you eat, without fail. Once you stop doing that, I can tell you, it's a quick downhill spiral.

Try to have a good day and let us know how you're doing. From what I've seen, I truly believe you can get through this.

Regards,
Michael

Michael,

You are right- this is a lifestyle change. I do eat more healthy and i enjoy eating that way. It is just hard with all these temptations around me. I don't think i can stop dieting right now (staying around 1300 calories) if i want to hit my goal. I know if i stop dieting i will just mantain the weight- which is not what i want...

i want to be 180 by april 1rst. i want to hit that goal. i know i can do it....

you're right- i need to woman up!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 PM
FitDay Member

Smile New here.

I just fuond this thread, and the forums, actually. I am hoping to join in. I love a collaborative goal where we gently keep each other accountable.

I am Anna. I currently weigh 207.2 pounds. I am only 5'3", so this is too much for my frame. My ultimate goals is 130-135, by Sept 29th 2011. But for this challenge, 10% by April 1st, I will need to lose 20.7 pounds, which puts my April 1st goal at 186.5. I have to admit the last few days I've been tracking my food intake, and had no idea it was as high as it was. I guess I have been in some serious denial. I have been logging my food intake, and activities, as well as water, and am happy for the awareness that it lends. I look forward to joining this challenge with you, and hope you all the best.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post

Believe me, you are not the only one that has this problem. When I first started doing this, my kids tried to trade me for another "happy" fat mom. It gets a little better over time, but I still get extra cranky during TTOM, much more so than when I was at my heaviest. Another poster had vicious PMS while dieting and she actually ended up at her GYN and got a prescription for it. Somehow or another losing weight can cause some sort of hormone imbalance, I don't remember all the details. What I'm trying to say is that the emotional roller coaster is not all in your mind. What I've done to combat the effects is to get a runners high first thing in the morning, couple that with a few cups of coffee and I'm nearly back to my old-fat-happy-self (minus most of the fat).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.