Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by t47tom
Ok if i join this challenge?i'm 264lbs atm so would need to lose 26lbs is that about right.
I'M Tom btw as in the t47tom soon to be 48 lol.Hi all.
Tom, welcome! I'll be 47 in May, so we're not too far apart.

By all means join the challenge. Most of us have been at it since 01/01 so we've had a bit of a headstart.

26 lbs in 8 weeks can be done but you'll have to work it!

If you like, post your start weight in the Challenge Check in Thread. Many of us update our data weekly, but you can do it whenever you like.

Don't hesitate to ask if we can be of any help to you.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Almeeker- thanks for your thoughts- they mean a lot to me

Michael- a pound is a great loss! You are doing so well and i know you will hit those numbers before our deadline...you are rocking it! I too am looking forward to the warmer weather!

As for my weigh in this week: it is BAD! I am almost embarrassed to put this up...i went from 189.8 to 193.8. I am so upset at myself. This weekend was a girls weekend- i drank a bit but it was not like i went crazy drinking and eating! I mean a 4 pound weight gain is huge! I nearly cried on the scale this morning...

Feeling depressed about the entire situation but i know i need to dust myself off and get back on that horse.

Things i need to do this week;
workout 5 times.
eat 1,800 calories- that is how many i am supposed to eat but last week i was trying to eat only 1,300 which really screwed me up i think!
try and stay positive and calm
be appreciate of what i have

Here's to a better week....

I'm sorry to hear that the scale was vicious mean to you at weigh in. It happens to me too more often than it should. I'll have a nasty upswing for any one of 10 different reasons, too many calories, alcohol (even a little bit), dehydration, constipation, PMS, DMS (during rather than pre), too many carbohydrates, too much fat (namely beef or fat fried foods even if I keep my calories on target), an injury (swelling) and too much sodium. Sorry if that was an over share but friend Kaitlin here needs the boost. It's very easy to beat yourself up over a weight gain, but when it happens to me I go through that list and darned if I can't name 2, 3, 6 things that it might be. Typically the more I can identify the higher the weight gain, so not only does it happen, those darn issues are team players!!! Perk up little trooper, keep up the good fight even if your scale isn't cooperating. Drink your water, keep your proteins up there, get in a really good workout and just ignore that scale for a few days.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker- i could check off a few of those Thanks for the encouraging words! You are such a good friend! I am dusting myself off and will continue on my journey...but i am going to try a few thing different this week and see how it turns out! I am going to try and stay away from the scale for a little while...if i can. Thank you again! Hope you have a great week!

Tom- Good luck through this journey! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
Welcome Tom.
Kaitlin don't be too concerned. As they have told you this is temporary and the good thing is that if you work at it next week's number will be a very nice one, I'm sure.
Have a great week everyone!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

I tried to sign on to fitday after 4 months of being away and couldn't remember my information so had to rejoin.
I had lost 35 pounds in 2010 and have gained 8 back. Starting new and probably can't lose 17 by 4/1 but I am going for 13.

I have never done a challenge before and am looking forward to the accountability.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by molly221
I tried to sign on to fitday after 4 months of being away and couldn't remember my information so had to rejoin.
I had lost 35 pounds in 2010 and have gained 8 back. Starting new and probably can't lose 17 by 4/1 but I am going for 13.

I have never done a challenge before and am looking forward to the accountability.
Hey, you made it over to the Challenge thread--great!

Sorry you lost your old account--if I had admin credentials I'd try to get it back for you. Alas....

Anyway, 17 pounds in 8 weeks can be done, but 13 is probably a good plan--I KNOW you can do that if you put your mind to it.

Many of us post in the Check-in thread weekly, though that is entirely up to you. Do let us know how you're doing!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone,

I am new to this thread. I introduced myself in the women's only forum, but might as well tell my story again here. I was on this site a year ago losing weight from my twin pregnancy when I got pregnant again... anyway so I'm kind of new, but not. I just had my son three weeks ago and I want to get on the ball with losing the baby weight - mostly so I don't have to buy all new clothes This challenge is perfect for me because I am only supposed to lose about 2 lbs a week while I am breastfeeding him, and that is almost exactly what I'd need to lose to meet this goal! So here it goes:

Starting weight: 170 (2/2/11)
April fools goal weight: 153
Ultimate goal: 130 (10/11/11)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Twinnermommy
Hey everyone,

I am new to this thread. I introduced myself in the women's only forum, but might as well tell my story again here. I was on this site a year ago losing weight from my twin pregnancy when I got pregnant again... anyway so I'm kind of new, but not. I just had my son three weeks ago and I want to get on the ball with losing the baby weight - mostly so I don't have to buy all new clothes This challenge is perfect for me because I am only supposed to lose about 2 lbs a week while I am breastfeeding him, and that is almost exactly what I'd need to lose to meet this goal! So here it goes:

Starting weight: 170 (2/2/11)
April fools goal weight: 153
Ultimate goal: 130 (10/11/11)
Ah, you found the Challenge discussion--excellent!

Congrats on the new family member. Mine is a senior in HS this year--I kinda miss the early days.

Anyway, 2 lbs a week is a good rate to lose--go for it and let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the newbies in the thread! I wish you nothing but luck in this weightloss process! It will be hard at times, but stick with it! Use this thread to vent your frustration and share the joy you'll find!

Happy thursday.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

In order to kick this horrible plateau I bought a new workout video from Bob Harper, I think it's called "The Inside Out Method" or some such. I've never really watched a whole episode of Biggest Loser, but I know he's from that show. HOLY WAHHHH!!! I totally did not know what I was getting myself into. Okay I'm in decent shape I work out almost every day, and I really push it. I worked out regularly at 244.6 pounds, so even then I was fitfat, if you know what I mean. All I can say about the Bob Harper "Inside Out" DVD is that I kept up almost as well as all the skinny in shape folks behind him in the video (who I might add are probably 1/2 my age), except that I had to stop it 1/2 way through for more water, and I totally could not do all the bent arm side planks in the end. I have never watched a workout video where the people in the video couldn't keep up before, that was sort of refreshing really. So needless to say I'm sitting here trying to cool down and I'm covered head to toe in sweat and starting to shiver since it's like a whole 3 degrees outside. Bob Harper busted my butt, but good this morning. And you know what was really funny? I kept thinking the whole time I was swearing at him under my breath, that he must have been a really energetic pain in the ass as a kid. Can you say AD/HD?

Last edited by almeeker; 02-03-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.