April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
  #221  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default challenge

I will take your challenge. I am 318 as of 1/15/2011. I started at 329 on 1/1/11. I am going to lose 32 lbs by 4/01/2011. That is my new goal to be 286 lbs.
greyghostjb is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 PM
  #222  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by greyghostjb View Post
I will take your challenge. I am 318 as of 1/15/2011. I started at 329 on 1/1/11. I am going to lose 32 lbs by 4/01/2011. That is my new goal to be 286 lbs.
Woo Hoo--another big "loser"!

Welcome to the challenge. Add your info the the Check-in thread if you want. Feel free to post your 1/1 info as your start. Only 10 weeks left so you'll have to work it hard!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
  #223  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Good morning all--some of us have a long weekend--let's enjoy it and make healthy choices--get outside and do something if it's not too cold in your neck of the woods!

Had a 2lbs. loss this week--was hoping for more, but it is what it is. I know I could cut calories some more, but I suppose 2lb or so a week isn't bad after being on plan for nine months. And if the plan is still working, I guess I won't mess with it. Slow and steady wins the "race", as some wise guy once said.

I'm very, very impressed by many of our challenge participants--great job guys and gals! I see we've had some jump down a "century"--always a little thrill when you go from the "4s" to the "3s" (or "2s" or "1s")!

Keep up the good work and be healthy!

Regards,
Michael

Mike, Congrats on your 2lbs loss! good for you! and yes don't mess with your system - it is still working!!


Good Morning to all the newbies! I am excited to share my journey with you and get to know about yours as well!


Weekly weigh in: Well i am down 1.1 pounds from last week. 193.7 to 192.6. I fell short of my "weekly goal" by .6 but this week was harder- i had low motivation to really work it at the gym. I went 5 times last week but this week i really need to push myself!! I bought some weights for my desk and for my coffee table- i have played with them during the day and it helps for toning my arms...well i hope!!

My weekly goals:
cut down snacking after work
drink 3 green chugs of water a day (96oz total)
get to 191.5 which would be a 1.1lb loss
PUSH myself at the gym- I CAN DO IT
finish my design projects in my bedroom- painting/new bed


Wishing everyone lots of luck for this upcoming week
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 AM
  #224  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
Default Eating out stinks!

I weighed in today down 1.5 from the start, but up 1.5 from Friday. Hubs and I had a bunch of errands to run on Saturday and ended up eating lunch at a Chinese restaurant. On Sunday I had had bloated up to half a pound heavier than my start weight. Stupid salt, msg and who knows what else. Even being as careful as I could with my choices, eating out just is not worth it. It isn't just that I have a temporary gain. It takes me at least a week to get back to where I was whenever I go out for dinner. And it's not even that good! ARG.

OK Done with my rant now and feel better having vented. I am still down for the week and that is worth celebrating. It is good to see everybody doing so well. And encouraging to see the thread going strong!!
Kay-hh is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 AM
  #225  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: dallas tx
Posts: 75
Default

count me in i need to loose 25 lbs by apr with your help i know i can do it (thas 10 %)
nykolel is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
  #226  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Hey everyone- How is the week going so far? Monday is always tough on me, but i did OK- stayed under 1,500 calories. I went to the gym and pushed myself more than i have been. I also got some weights for my office so yesterday i did a bunch of arm workouts throughout the day! It felt good.

I weighed myself and i was 192.00 this morning..down .6 from yesterday. NICE- Now i just need to KEEP IT OFF
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
  #227  
FitDay Member
 
rainbow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Default

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
Hey everyone- How is the week going so far? Monday is always tough on me, but i did OK- stayed under 1,500 calories. I went to the gym and pushed myself more than i have been. I also got some weights for my office so yesterday i did a bunch of arm workouts throughout the day! It felt good.

I weighed myself and i was 192.00 this morning..down .6 from yesterday. NICE- Now i just need to KEEP IT OFF
I have had this conjestion thing for over a week now. Much better than I was, but still having a coughing fit if I go to answer the door. Stairs!

I have gotten off of the throat lozenges, so that is improving my calorie intake.

Aside from this cold, I did not feel like cooking Sunday night so I went for take out. I got burger combos for the family and came home to have a chicken breast sandwich for myself.

I would like to step on the scale, but I found that I weigh more prior to 7 am and after my first coffee, so no weight this morning.

Do keep up the good work, Kaitlin.
rainbow24 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
  #228  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
I have had this conjestion thing for over a week now. Much better than I was, but still having a coughing fit if I go to answer the door. Stairs!

I have gotten off of the throat lozenges, so that is improving my calorie intake.

Aside from this cold, I did not feel like cooking Sunday night so I went for take out. I got burger combos for the family and came home to have a chicken breast sandwich for myself.

I would like to step on the scale, but I found that I weigh more prior to 7 am and after my first coffee, so no weight this morning.

Do keep up the good work, Kaitlin.
When i'm sick i let it impact everything i do- i know how it feels! It is so hard to get going when you are feeling run down..hope you are feeling better soon!

We have roughly 11 weeks left!
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
  #229  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Wink Definitely!!

I'm totally in.

I weigh 240 lbs and so will need to lose 24 lbs making my goal for this thread 216 lbs.

The weather sucks here in the UK making it difficult to go for runs so I'll be off to the gym whenever I can!!

good luck everyone!!

Boo
xxx
MummyBethanyRose is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
  #230  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by MummyBethanyRose View Post
I'm totally in.

I weigh 240 lbs and so will need to lose 24 lbs making my goal for this thread 216 lbs.

The weather sucks here in the UK making it difficult to go for runs so I'll be off to the gym whenever I can!!

good luck everyone!!

Boo
xxx
Welcome to the challenge. Yes, you can do it, but time is getting short! Post your stats in the Challenge Check-in thread, if you like (in alpha order, please) so we can all see how you're doing (you can start at your 01/01/11 weight, if you want).

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.