April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 AM
  #101  
FitDay Member
 
MunaAmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 225
Default

Ok I'm joining too I'm 167lb so my 10% is 16.7, goal by 04/01/2011 is 150lb.

That's 4lb less than my goal of 154lb in 06/30! I probably underestimated my slimming powers this is my first time when i'm seriously losing weight. I set myself an easy goal and a bigger time frame, but maybe it's too easy. Let's try this challenge!
MunaAmin is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:26 PM
  #102  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Kumochi View Post
I'm in. 200 pounds for New Year's weight so 20 pounds to lose by April 1st. The extra motivation should help. Total to lose 40 -50 pounds. Mary
Mary, good to have you in the challenge. If you stick with it I'm sure you'll be successful!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 PM
  #103  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
Ok I'm joining too I'm 167lb so my 10% is 16.7, goal by 04/01/2011 is 150lb.

That's 4lb less than my goal of 154lb in 06/30! I probably underestimated my slimming powers this is my first time when i'm seriously losing weight. I set myself an easy goal and a bigger time frame, but maybe it's too easy. Let's try this challenge!
Muna, welcome. Those 12 weeks are going to go so fast--but I know you can reach your goal if you work it. Let us know how things are going.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
  #104  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 37
Default

Hey all!

Alot of support for this now means added pressure!!

I know I'll skip through this and check everyone out but is anyone (Mecompco) going to or able to do a table, every week 2 weeks or month whichever works best. I'm not on here everyday so miss the banter on this thread. A little competition always helps as I'm sure no one will want to be named and shamed as dropping out or being bottom of the table?

I've played golf the last three days but I did just go out to a buffet style restaurant Never mind. It's all I've had today, I'm just about to go upstairs and throw some kettlebells around. Also no Booze for a week so I'm hoping come wednesday I've lost something if not much!

Good luck everyone and Bring on the Table!!! ( Please Mecompco )
GDay2011 is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
  #105  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Count me in: 17 lbs by 4-1-11. New to Fit Day, love the accountability and now this challenge. Thanks!

1/1/11 Start weight 165
4/1/11 10% goal wt 148
1/1/12 Goal weight 125
pasbeach is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM
  #106  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by pasbeach View Post
Count me in: 17 lbs by 4-1-11. New to Fit Day, love the accountability and now this challenge. Thanks!

1/1/11 Start weight 165
4/1/11 10% goal wt 148
1/1/12 Goal weight 125
A pound and a half a week? You can do it! Welcome to the challenge.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 PM
  #107  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by GDay2011 View Post
Hey all!

Alot of support for this now means added pressure!!

I know I'll skip through this and check everyone out but is anyone (Mecompco) going to or able to do a table, every week 2 weeks or month whichever works best. I'm not on here everyday so miss the banter on this thread. A little competition always helps as I'm sure no one will want to be named and shamed as dropping out or being bottom of the table?

I've played golf the last three days but I did just go out to a buffet style restaurant Never mind. It's all I've had today, I'm just about to go upstairs and throw some kettlebells around. Also no Booze for a week so I'm hoping come wednesday I've lost something if not much!

Good luck everyone and Bring on the Table!!! ( Please Mecompco )
Hmm--well, I'll try to keep track of everyone--I'll be the first to admit I'm not "Mr. Organization", though

Sounds like you've got some exercise going on--good for you. I'm kinda thinking about getting my clubs out in the spring--I "might" get one or two straight drives out of a bucket of balls at the driving range but it is fun.

I've been to buffets a couple of times since starting my eating plan and did OK. I can't imagine the number of calories I used to put away at the all-you-can-eat places!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 AM
  #108  
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Hmm--well, I'll try to keep track of everyone--I'll be the first to admit I'm not "Mr. Organization", though
I might be able to help with that, I'm not Mrs. Organization either, but we had one rolling for the Christmas Club which worked well enough.
almeeker is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 AM
  #109  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
I might be able to help with that, I'm not Mrs. Organization either, but we had one rolling for the Christmas Club which worked well enough.

If someone can do it I'd be forever in your debt

Roll on Wednesday I cannot wait to get my next weigh in out of the way.
GDay2011 is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
  #110  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
I might be able to help with that, I'm not Mrs. Organization either, but we had one rolling for the Christmas Club which worked well enough.
I second the nomination. Any opposed? Seeing none, the motion carries unanimously!

Congratulations on your new position as Official April Fool's Day Challenge Clerk of Records and Vital Statistics.

As was previously suggested, perhaps we should have a "sister thread" for keeping the statistics? But that's up to you.

Thanks for helping out!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.