April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Just updated my Check-in and wow, some of you are "cooking with gas"!

This is just great--I'm going to be very interested to see how many pounds combined we lose and how many of us reach our 10% goal.

My loss has been a little sluggish since Christmas, but still happening. I've increased my daily walk some more--haven't GPS'd it yet, but I've got to be close to 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. It was well under 20F out yesterday and I still ended up soaked w/sweat when I got back. Hard to believe that FitDay says that's only good for slightly over 100 calories!

Anyweigh, the scale read 293 this morning, so that's OK. I really like "instant gratification" but I know that even a couple pounds a week is good and probably more healthy in the long run than a faster pace.

Have a great day everyone!

Regards,
Michael
OH MY! you are down 7 pounds- that is pretty instant!!! good for you...
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Welcome new fools! I hope everyone has a tremendously successful challenge.

Michael, boy, if that's sluggish loss, I hope to stay as sluggish as you! I noticed on the chart that you didn't put down your pre-new year's eve weigh in of 297, so I added it for you, but unless I'm missing something you lost 4lbs in the last 8 days. Sounds awesome to me!

I was pleasantly surprised to have lost 3 lbs for the week. I spent several days sick where I still forced myself to go to work, so just didn't have it in me to work out those days. Maybe I burned a little more with my fever. Also, I ordered a number of new snack foods because I felt like I wanted a little variety, and while I didn't badly over indulge from a calories per day perspective, I did find that I fell out of my normal meal timing and lost a lot of the really good clean foods that I have been enjoying. I'll call it a snack binge that I survived, and try to get back to more balanced choices this week.

And now, back to the gym! I haven't been able to work out for a few days, so I'm going to have some breakfast and get a big workout in.

Have a happy and health week everyone!

Matt
Great loss! that sickness did your body good, huh? partly joking!

I hope it felt good to get back in the gym..it is hard to make it there sometimes after a few days off!

goodluck this week!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
OH MY! you are down 7 pounds- that is pretty instant!!! good for you...
LOL! Well, that is 7 since the 18th, so really "only" 2.3 lbs a week, on average. I was averaging 4 a week, then down to 3 a week. If I can keep 2-2.5 a week I can still make the challenge goal. We'll see!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-08-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

40 participants and 47 pounds total lost so far in the 10% challenge. And we're just getting started. Woo Hoo!!!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

I'll show a loss next week. Anyone else getting sick of seeing Suzanne Somers? I certainly don't think she's qualified as a nutrition expert.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
I'll show a loss next week. Anyone else getting sick of seeing Suzanne Somers? I certainly don't think she's qualified as a nutrition expert.
I was sick of seeing her before she started touting herself as some kind of a saviour for overweight people.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Are we talking her in general, or her ads here on FitDay? Really, I'm more tired of Jillian on her banner ad, oh, and the stupid "Don't eat bananas" thing.

However, they help keep FitDay free, so it is what it is. I believe that if one ponies up for the Premium FitDay the ads go away.

Regards,
Michael

PS I think we have a ThighMaster kicking around the house somewhere.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
40 participants and 47 pounds total lost so far in the 10% challenge. And we're just getting started. Woo Hoo!!!

Regards,
Michael

wow- great motivation! PS- i am checking in tmr. i was not home this morning with my own scale and i was not stepping on my parents, i like my scale.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
wow- great motivation! PS- i am checking in tmr. i was not home this morning with my own scale and i was not stepping on my parents, i like my scale.
Ha ha--I like my scale, too, though sometimes I have to move it around on the floor a bit to find the "sweet spot" (which is of course where it reads the lowest).

Yes, most everyone is doing great--that 47 pounds wasn't even counting quillene's 14 pounds!!!! I bet we'll it 1000 before we're done in April.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I wonder how many it will be- i am so motivated to get to 180! I just want it so badly...i was 193 two days ago so i am hoping when i step on the scale tomorrow morning it will read the same or less! Which will be a 2 pound weight loss for this past week! yeehawww!

I havent seen the scale this low since highschool days...it will just be crazy when it hits below 190!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.