Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started >

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-13-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum- 8, 11
2) 1650 calories maximum - 1509, 1599
3) walk or gym 3x -walk with DH, no
4) stretch every day -yes and a little "gym routine", yes
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week- yes, no
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week - yes, yes hours and hours
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day -yes, yes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

I guess my goal this week is to post here every day. I can barely seem to do that part!

Healthy snacks...cantaloupe w/grapes, celery w/PB, hard boiled egg whites, cottage cheese w/strawberries, smoothies!

I don't know how many of you have facebook but here is a link to my camping album. I couldn't decide exactly which pictures to share here LOL ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0675503&type=3

So many of you are having great weeks this week! I realized just how much more active I am when I am not sitting behind a desk for 8 hrs a day. I know that I ate more than I should have at camp but still lost weight. We walked every day and the bathroom alone was about a 1/4 mile walk to get there and back. Not so fun at 5am! LOL We go again in August and I already can't wait. It was just so nice & relaxing. The kids had fun. They swam & Fished every day we were there. I had no idea how much I needed a vacation!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I hope you can hop back on the wagon with us. We'll cheer you on! Look how far you've come since February! That PROVES you can do it!

Cassie, wow, sorry you were up so late last night! Couldn't sleep or were you working on one of the reports from hell? Hey, yeah, I could do a low carb tortilla (or half if I have less carbs to spare) with spray butter (a staple in my fridge) and cinnamon. Thanks for that yummy idea!

Quinn, yeah, grazing like you do is really good, healthful, and keeps the calories down like eating the 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big ones. Way to go! "...bowl and beaters to be licked" The party is Saturday, right? So tell us, what are you going to serve at the party that is both yummy and on-plan for you in addition to a moderate, controlled cheat of cake and/or other cheat foods? Yeah, was that a big enough hint? Hey, who mumbled "When is Mern going to practice what she preaches?" Thanks for your great snack ideas--much appreciated! The fruit I can eat is melon and any kind of berries except grapes (who knew grapes are berries?) but I could certainly experiment with those fruits and the good omega-3 type peanut butter or almond butter. I could make hummus out of black soybeans I ever find a recipe I like--so far I haven't found one that appeals to me. Hey, that's an idea--I love my low carb baked black soybeans and also my faux baked soybeans marinated in the fridge overnight in chili powder, onion powder, and artificial sweetener. I'll bet either one mashed or pureed would be yummy as a spread or dip. That fat free Cool Whip is certainly worth a look-see for me, too. I could maybe make the "ice cream sandwiches" out of fat free Cool Whip with the (low carb) tortilla with butter spray and cinnamon that Cassie suggested.

If I can afford a 3g sat fat indulgence, I sometimes enjoy a Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added Raspberry & Vanilla Swirls ice cream bar. They have only 70 calories, under 5g cholesterol, and only 4 net carbs after deducting 4g fiber and 5g sugar alcohols that minimally impact my blood sugar.

Mike, thanks for the link to Food Advertisement Inappropriate. I posted my gripe about the Lee's chicken ad.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot about cucumber and tomato cut up with fat free italian dressing. Yum!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, you're doing really well so far this week. Massive quantities of green!

April, I'm so glad you enjoyed your vacation and even lost weight doing it! You are amazing! Wonderful that you are planning on camping again in August. Thanks for your healthful snack ideas, too. I can adapt just about everything I've seen to my eating plan. I can't do egg whites--only because no one eats the yolks I don't use, but I could make with egg salad with zero fat, zero cholesterol egg substitute (like less expensive store brands of EggBeaters) and low carb Ranch dressing. Ooh, I could do low fat cottage cheese with strawberries. Thanks for the link to your camping photos. I do Facebook only to see other people's pictures. Will look at those after I get back from the store with NEW HEALTHFUL SNACK SUPPLIES.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I forgot about cucumber and tomato cut up with fat free italian dressing. Yum!
Yum! Adding that to my grocery list!!! Thanks!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, April, I'm glad you had a great week on vacation! I friended you on facebook, by the way, so I could see your pictures, 'cause I had trouble with the link.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I can't do egg whites--only because no one eats the yolks I don't use, but I could make with egg salad with zero fat, zero cholesterol egg substitute (like less expensive store brands of EggBeaters) and low carb Ranch dressing.
My dogs have come to love the weekends when I make myself an omelette but don't have 100% egg whites in a carton. They get the yolks from my eggs. I usually make them each a slice of french toast with a yolk on it. Spoiled much? LOL
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey, April, I'm glad you had a great week on vacation! I friended you on facebook, by the way, so I could see your pictures, 'cause I had trouble with the link.
I will go accept it on my phone, can't FB on the work computer

Anyone else that wants to can friend me too. The more the merrier. You will see lots of pics of my dogs though!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

1) Log EVERYTHING and make log public (with the exception of Mike's free day today) free day, yes
2) walk 8 miles (weather permitting) free day, 0
3) EAT CLEAN!!!!! free day, no
4) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate free day, yes

Mike Specific Goals
1) take deep cleansing breaths when stressed, don't blow up free day, yes
2) no rum cakes, blasts, etc free day, none
3) take the bike out first chance you get yes
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...a_User=01gt4.6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.