Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Goals Week of 6-11:
70oz H2O: 60, Y,
1500 cals or less: 1556, 1452,
Log every day, pre-log as much as possible: Almost (except the Dr. Pepper), Y.
Minimum of ½ hour exercise: Y, Y (Gym)
10 Pushups: 10, 20,
Schedule ME day (hopefully Thursday): TBD

A few new goals
Clean off desk at work: In progress
File e-mails (get Inbox down from 3500 to below 1000): Haven't started
Go shopping! Sounds stupid, but I have just a few shirts that fit.

Getting a ton of great snack ideas from everyone, my grocery list is expanding in all the right directions! I have tried to make hummus before and it never tastes as good as what I find in the store. I need to find a different recipe I think (actually I usually just wing it…so no wonder it sucks!). The beets in the garden are almost ready to harvest. Fresh baked beet fries (baked in a little olive oil and salt/pepper) is a great snack. I also like rice cakes, about 70cals a piece, and they come in lots of flavors.

Happy Wednesday! Ama
39, 5’6”
Started FD Jan 2012; weight 134
Current weight - week of 6/11: 127.4, 125.8, 125.4
Goal: 123
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

So tell us, what are you going to serve at the party that is both yummy and on-plan for you in addition to a moderate, controlled cheat of cake and/or other cheat foods?

Absolutely nothing!! lol Well, maybe a salad or two. It's going to be a mix of German/Polish and Italian cooking; dishes that are my daughter's favorites. And believe me, none of them are low-cal!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Quinnesec- thank you for the encouragement. I really need it right now, the good thing about this plateau weight is that I know exactly what I can eat and how much to exercise to maintain this poundage on a very consistent basis! Now the kicker is busting over into the 120's... i peeked in there a few weeks ago for about a half of a day, but the next day the weight fluctuated back up into the 130's.

Canary52- we both want to lose just about the same amount of weight by about the same deadline...

I'm doing all right considering I have company this week, trying to eat well... drink my water. walk... it's all a little more challenging when your time schedule is awry.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone
Firstly i want to say im loving all the snack ideas- ive been trying to make up new combos myself this week and its kinda making this healthy eating more fun. I like to find alternatives to my high fat favourites.
Cassie ive been using the 5% rule on this diet (dont like that word too much because i intend to adopt these changes for life but hey you know what i mean) It really works for me although at the beginning im spending so much time in the supermarket checking the info on every single packet- im sure i will memorise it soon though.

Back to snacks yum yum. I love nachos with the whole melted cheese, sour cream, guacamole THE WORKS but i have found a new way to get a fix. I get a wholewheat crackerbread at 20cals and i top it with some philidelphia extra light for 30cals and top it with salsa just 10cals with a few jalapenos! I make a couple and pop them on a plate of lettuce. Now i know it hasnt got guacamole on or melted cheese but i kinda get the smae textures and flavour hits that excite the tastebuds enough to leave out the high fat stuff.
Ive become addicted to salsa last few days- been eating it with everything!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Ama i agree with the houmous! I love it but avoid it because its high calorie and fat content in store bought products.

Not done this myself but i think we could blend up chickpeas, add a bit of 0% yoghurt, garlic and then variations of lemon/coriander, red pepper etc?? This might sound disgusting but just trying to make a start at coming up with a recipe.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday

Tori & Mike Goals

1) Log EVERYTHING and make log public (with the exception of Mike's free day today): YES, YES
2) walk 8 miles (weather permitting): 0, rained
3) EAT CLEAN!!!!!: bwahahahahahahaha, kinda sorta no
4) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: 85.5, 101.4

Tori Specific Goals
1) cut Jassi's nails: no yes and she wasn't happy about it
2) get bloodwork done Wednesday
3) plan all meals ahead of time, and follow through on said plans: I'll start Tuesday , no

ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal

Last edited by ToriD1012; 06-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting.
Yes, Bad weather, Later tonight
2. Calories between 1000-1100. Way under, Under, Under
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Way over, Yes, Yes
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. None, None, Bread and cheese
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... Will weigh in on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Ama i agree with the houmous! I love it but avoid it because its high calorie and fat content in store bought products.
Hi Tracey - I tried a web search for healthy hummus recipes and there are several out there! Unfortunately, having a hard time finding one with really low cals - I think the best I found was 44 cals for 2 Tablespoons (the Cooking Light recipe). Let me know if you find one that you like, I am in the cooking mood! Ama
Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Let's go!

Luck to everyone!

Goals for the week:
Lose another pound
Hydrate
Hit those veggies
Find pockets of dry weather every day and exercise
Do more Tai Chi

We can do this! Throwing luck dust!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week:
<1400 calories: 1188, 1702, 1350
Net Carbs < 20: 18.1, 19.7 15.7
Water >64(oz): 48, 60 50
exercise: none, 1 hr gardening, 20 minutes walking

All this talk of food! I just know there will be a cheat day in my not too distant future. Already researching lo-carb recipes for cheesecake (but they won't be lo-fat that's for sure ) This is my 3rd week on Atkins induction and so far haven't really missed bread, pasta, etc. but I AM starting to miss hummus and beans. and peanut butter!

Mern I made the Atkins protein pancakes today (they use soy protein powder) but I added a little wheat bran into them and a touch of baking powder and had roast pork in a 'wrap' for dinner it was great! They work out to be 0.9g net carbs.

I am getting some flaxseed meal tomorrow and will use that the next time I make them.

Not a lot of time tonight - actually going to bed on time for once! Love hearing about everyone's day (and way to go on the camping trip April!)

Have an even better one tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.