Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-13-2012, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x4: 3
2.) Under 1400 calories/day, 1600 on Saturday: 1329, 1150, 1275
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 80 oz., 72 oz., 96 oz.
4.) Study 5 hours total: 40 mins (total: 40 mins)

Argh, more low blood sugars today, trying to figure out workout insulin levels. Ah well. I had ice cream this afternoon - bit of an indulgence, but I fit it into my calorie count, so I'm okay with it
Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Closing down the kitchen. Sleepy enough to go to bed early for a change.

Wednesday Report

1500 calories 1406, 1408, 1192
Net Carb (total carb grams less fiber grams) limit 25g 16g, 25g, 25g
Fiber average 25g, 40g, 42g, 41g
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg 236mg, 183mg, 198mg
Saturated Fat average 11% of total calories 11%, 11%, 10%
Protein minimum average 120g 135g, 134g, 123g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES

Healthful snack tonight was cold, leftover poached fish (don't say yuck--it's really yummy!) and April's tomato and cucumber salad which I marinated for several hours in half a teaspoon of dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and a generous dash of Italian seasoning.

Cate, way to go on the pancakes and pork wraps. They both sound yummy.

Callaquill, thanks for the luck dust. I surely can use that!

Quinn, well, I certainly don't see how one could avoid the Polish, Italian, or German dishes at your party. My Mom's family was German and of all the things I remember my Grandma cooked, there was very little I could eat now--it was almost all starchy and fatty food. I'm sure you will get back on track quickly after the party--you're good at jumping back on the wagon when you need to.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1660, 1509, 1571
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - walking 1hr/weights, 20 mins stationary bike/weights, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%, 24%, 25%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz, 72oz+, 64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 559, 725, 1167
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - no, no, no
8) no food after 8pm the night before - no, yes, yes
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I don't know how many of you have facebook but here is a link to my camping album. It was just so nice & relaxing. The kids had fun. They swam & Fished every day we were there. I had no idea how much I needed a vacation!
I don't know how you made yourself come home! It looks so tranquil and the pictures are very well done.

Originally Posted by Mern
Cassie, wow, sorry you were up so late last night! Couldn't sleep or were you working on one of the reports from hell?
'Twas work, but the RFH are done...just waiting on depositions . But it's been very busy lately, and the only way I get my quality time with the fam is to be with them when I can, then work when they go to bed. I'm hoping it will settle down by the end of the month. My wallet loves it; my sanity, not so much. And it's cutting into my FitDay time! I am glad to hear you were tired early tonight: I hope you rest well, my sister-in-sometime-sleeplessness!

My son is kitten-sitting this week so I'm going to go have a quick snuggle with the little fuzzball before bed. Purring is a great stress-reliever!

Check in:

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 780, 931, 944
2. Log everything and post goals daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included). 60 minutes Tues.(included one run), 60 minutes Wed.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday report

Yesterday was much better, planned my meals and stuck to them. I cooked last night and still managed to just have a huge salad with lots of veggies. Leftovers tonight so I will have a bowl of spaghetti, yum!

Health goals for week:
Cook 3 times yes, 1 down, 2 down, 3 yay
3 big Tervis water yes, yes, yes
no carbs at lunch none, none, nope
1 soda per day only 1 2, 2, stupid coke man gave me a soda when he was moving coke machine in office
no trips to store or eating out none, had a snickers at DS8 game, ugh, none

Non health goals:
strip 1 bed per day no yep, mine, no
porch cleaned no, no, no
car vaccumed no, no, no
Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum- 8, 11, 8
2) 1650 calories maximum - 1509, 1599, 1110
3) walk or gym 3x -walk with DH, no, yes walk
4) stretch every day -yes and a little "gym routine", yes, yes
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week- yes, no, yes
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week - yes, yes hours and hours, yes
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day -yes, yes, yes- just

Holding at 133. Hoping to lose those eight... I don't know if I have to cut my calories more or try to eliminate my carbs but I don't want to make it so restrictive that I have that backlash where I eat everything just because I feel so deprived. So far the way I have been eating is doable. And honestly I don't think I want to go back to just having eggs and protein stuff for breakfast. I don't seem to lose like that anyway. IDK...

Last edited by canary52; 06-14-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mern some of my snacks:

low fat cheese sticks or pre cut/ measured cheese (1 oz)
I get these sugar cocoa or cinnamon flavored almond 100 calorie packs, the one inthe green box, not the Diamond, which have sugar; I think they're called Emerald
carrot sticks with maybe a few organic corn chips and hummus,
there are now these baby bell pepppers you can eat whole - really good
2-3 cups of air popped popcorn
Dove sugar free peanut butter chocolates individually wrapped
1 small slice Eli's sugar free cheececake (for a treat)
hard goat cheese wrapped in organic ham or turkey breast
Bubbe's brand (in health food store) pickles (high sodium but i love em)
a few mozzarella balls with sun dried tomatoes, yum!

I'm making myself hungry...better stop...
Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, thanks for your snack ideas! Of what you listed, my favorite new idea is the goat cheese with ham or turkey. Yum! That'll be in my cart next grocery shopping trip. I went to Sam's Club (warehouse food club) yesterday and bought six pounds of plain unsalted, whole almonds--just plain naked ones. I keep one bag in the freezer and one in the fridge. I eat an ounce to an ounce and a half daily, just plain, to help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.

I looked at a bunch of hummus recipes today and still don't see anything I like. I guess I just plain don't like garlic, lemon juice, tahini or peanut butter with beans.

But I wanted to experiment with my low carb black soybeans to see if I could come up with a healthful, quick to fix dessert/snack and I really, really like it: a black soybean dessert/snack quesadilla. Just 1.3 net carbs for the filling and 2.5 net carbs for the half low carb flour tortilla.

Black Soybean Dessert Quesadilla Filling
Mern's recipe
makes about 10.8 ounces by weight or 18 tablespoons
4 servings at 4.5 tablespoons each
OR
6 servings at 3 tablespoons each

Suggested use: as a filling for a dessert quesadilla. Spread half a flour tortilla with filling, fold over and spray on each side with butter spray and toast in a skillet. Also good as a "spread it on as you nibble" goop for strawberries.

Filling Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) Eden Organic Black Soy Beans (drained and a little juice reserved)
choice of sweetener equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
reserved bean juice to thin to desired consistency--I used only about half a tablespoon.

Directions:
1. Drain beans, reserving some of the juice.
2. To food processor add beans, sweetener, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and almond extract.
3. Puree to desired consistency adding bean juice if desired. I used only about 1/2 tablespoon of reserved juice.

Store leftover filling covered in refrigerator.

NUTRITION FACTS FOR FILLING ONLY

For entire recipe:
Calories 437; fat 21.5g; sat fat 3.8g; mono fat .2g; carbs 31.2g; fiber 26.2g; net carbs 5g; protein 39.2g, alcohol .7g, cholesterol 0, sodium 106.2mg

Per 4.5 tablespoon serving
Calories 109; fat 5.4g; sat fat 1g; mono fat .05g; carbs 7.8g; fiber 6.5g; net carbs 1.3g; protein 9.8g; alcohol .17g; cholesterol 0, sodium 20.6mg

Last edited by Mern; 06-14-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Recipe didn't change--just add comment that it's also good with strawberries.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, nice reports this week--except for getting to bed by 11. I envy people who can sleep 7-9 hours a night.

Cassie, if you explained it, I missed it--are those really low calories because of being so busy or are you trying to meet a weight goal deadline? You're such a loving wife and mother, and so dedicated to your work to give up sleep in order to spend more time with your family. Wishing you balance all around. Aw, I hope you have some quality R&R snuggling with the kitten. Our new little fuzzball is live-in GD's new Chinese hamster (looks like a small mouse to me) that she got just a few days ago. He's not yet comfortable enough to let her pick him up, but he does lick her finger when she comes home from her Burger King job. I don't know if he's getting used to her or to the smell of greasy food. LOL

Ashlie, you're doing a great job this week. I do better when planning my menus, too.

My menu today:

Breakfast: egg substitute mushroom omelet with roasted red pepper sauce

Lunch: black soybean dessert quesadilla on half a low carb flour tortilla

Daytime snacks protein shake with flaxmeal, almonds, fresh strawberries

Dinner: Outdoor grilled cubed steaks and grill-roasted fresh broccoli,
mashed cauliflower with cheese

Evening healthful snack: tuna salad with low carb Ranch dressing
Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52

Holding at 133. Hoping to lose those eight... I don't know if I have to cut my calories more or try to eliminate my carbs but I don't want to make it so restrictive that I have that backlash where I eat everything just because I feel so deprived. So far the way I have been eating is doable. And honestly I don't think I want to go back to just having eggs and protein stuff for breakfast. I don't seem to lose like that anyway. IDK...
Hope, kudos on all the green in your reports! I totally agree with you. I was doing really well losing weight and bringing down my cholesterol and triglycerides. Doc was pleased with my progress and my way of eating was doable and effective. But as I mentioned a few times before, she suggested even though my blood tests showed no stress on kidneys and my blood protein level was just fine, that I reduce my protein intake. So I did, but then that caused my carbs and fat to increase and I regained some weight. Moral of the story is: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Go with what you know works, even if it takes you a little longer to lose those few pounds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.