Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started >

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-14-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Quick check in, then off to bed. Major work days today and tomorrow. Got all of the tents up, decorated and tables up. Food is well under way. I think I actually have this under control! Only one major snafu with several dozen chairs that I ordered, but had it corrected with another supplier by 8:30 am. No harm, no foul, although I will admit to panicking last night until I could make phone calls this morning.

Everything is going off without a hitch... which makes me a little wary of the weather. Sounds like mid 80's with isolated thunderstorms. Hope they can hold off until later in the day!

I'll probably be in frantic mode Friday and Saturday, so if I don't get back here I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll talk to you sometime Sunday!

Thursday:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting.
Yes, Bad weather, Later tonight, Too busy
2. Calories between 1000-1100. Way under, Under, Under, Yes
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Way over, Yes, Yes, No
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. None, None, Bread and cheese, Bread
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... Will weigh in on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Close
Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

First time looking in today. I've been MIA and somewhat struggling. I'll try to catch up on everyone tomorrow evening.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 780, 931, 944, 991
2. Log everything and post goals daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included). 60 minutes Tues.(included one run), 60 minutes Wed., 30 minutes Thur.(included one run).

Ran out of time to do weights; just pulled the last sheet of power bars out of the oven (son has tourney starting tomorrow), last load of laundry out, and last report for the night. I'm having some kitten time; it's kind of like having a spastic ninja. She keeps running across my keyboard. It's not very relaxing, but it is entertaining .

Quinn, hope all goes smoothly tomorrow and Saturday. Fingers crossed for thunderstorms to stay away! You all have earned this day, so enjoy .

Mike, I am no stranger to struggling. I feel for you. You know what you need to do. Suck it up, buttercup!

Hello, lathav, glad to have you along in the group.

Hope everyone else had a good day... will try to catch up tomorrow as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck with the rest of the party plans, Quinn, and have fun!

I believe in you, Mike! For reals.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum- 8, 11, 8, 8
2) 1650 calories maximum - 1509, 1599, 1110, 1750 (in movie popcorn )
3) walk or gym 3x -walk with DH, no, yes walk myself, walk with DH
4) stretch every day -yes and a little "gym routine", yes, yes, no and I realize I MUST STRETCH to feel good
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week- yes, no, yes, yes amazing considering how logey I was
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week - yes, yes hours and hours, yes, yes
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day -yes, yes, yes- just , yes waaaaaaaay more

Mern, I think that is my perfect breakfast. I had cereal today and felt hungry and then crappy after I overate. So sprouted English muffin, cheese, fruit is a good choice for me. I sincerely believe we all do better on different eating plans and we have to find out what works best for us. Like you with the protein.

Quinn, good luck with prep and party. I am sure it is going to be the event of the century.

Mike, I hope things are going better for you.

April, I could not open the FB link to see the pix

Welcome lathav; glad you could join us.

Last edited by canary52; 06-15-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone
Start of the weekend- kids have gone to their dads til Sunday and its a challenge for me to keep up my good work- i usually eat out of boredom but going to try very hard to keep myself busy.
We are expecting a weekend full of heavy rain and thunderstorms so i dont think i will be wanting to go out. We could be going to my partners mums tomorrow so at least i wont be tempted to go through her cupboards for food- haha!
Good day today so far- went to do food shop this morning and was good enough not to put anything unhealthy or tempting into the trolley- even if they were on special offer. Just filled trolley with lots of fruit and veg and the basic staples to make some on track meals this week.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

I had a long post I was composing on WordPad, went to copy it so I could past it in the reply box, and all of a sudden it disappeared. I have no idea what happened--whether a glitch in my computer or whether I accidentally hit a wrong button.

Now I'm really pressed for time as my grandkids are first leaving today to visit their Dad in Kentucky until the end of June. I've always had a small family birthday party for our daughter's kids but GS will be in Kentucky for his 8th birthday and his 16 year old sister agreed to do the party for me by proxy. So I need to go to the store to gather some supplies (cake mix, frosting, candles, paper goods, balloons, etc.) to send along. She hates to cook, so I'm also sending a gift card so she can take him to McDonald (walking distance from their Dad's house) for a birthday lunch from me.

Lathav, welcome!

Mike, sorry you're struggling. Hope you make it back full force soon.

Quinn, wishing you a wonderful time at the party in dry weather. Enjoy!

Cassie, great job this week!

Hope, after my doc listened to my reasoning for returning to 120g protein she agreed we're all different and each of us needs to find, literally through trial and error, what works best for our own bodies.

Cate, best wishes with your busy day. Kudos on the muffin shop control!

Nobe, admirable job this week! I can't keep up with the group this week, either.

I gotta run.

Kudos to those doing well and hugs to those who are struggling.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, wishing you good weather. Best wishes this weekend and congratulations on your nutritious food shopping trip.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Soliciting advice from Moms and Grandma's... In white because this is so unrelated to FD... My wonderful loving 3 yr old son has recently turned into Atilla the Hun... independent, defiant, back-talking, bossy, generally obnoxious and pushing every button he can find to provoke me and DH. It's like he wants to get into trouble, and as much as possible! I know it is a combination of starting school, potty training, being sick last week, and getting into a new weekly routine. Regardless, his behavior is over the top at home and we are getting pretty worn down. At school his behavior is golden, and he uses the potty every time, but at home he acts out and poops his undies. Toys are thrown, he told me to shut-up today (that got a time-out), and he keeps stripping off his undies and running around in his birthday suit (I don't mind except that rule is to stay in the bathroom or his bedroom until undies are on, so he is doing it to be defiant). If anyone has any tips to send my way it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by amalthea1892; 06-15-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Goals Week of 6-11:
70oz H2O: 60, Y,Y,Y
1500 cals or less: 1556, 1452, 1500, 1480
Log every day, pre-log as much as possible: Almost (except the Dr. Pepper), Y, N (DH cooked dinner so a big surprise), N.
Minimum of ½ hour exercise: Y, Y (Gym), N, N
10 Pushups: 10, 20, 10, 10
Schedule ME day (hopefully Thursday): only 1/2 hour of ME time. but better than nothing!

A few new goals
Clean off desk at work: In progress, 50% done
File e-mails (get Inbox down from 3500 to below 1000): Whittled down to about 800.
Go shopping! Sounds stupid, but I have just a few shirts that fit. Yes I went shopping, but only bought bras..so can't totally count., Maybe this weekend.

I blame the 1lb weight gain on the pastrami sandwich I had for lunch yesterday. I went on a site tour of a fish passage improvement project (super cool project) with a group of co-workers, and it was so hot out, and I had not had breakfast, so when we all went to lunch after I kind of went nuts and ate a whole pastrami sandwich, and with that au jous (sp?) dip that is so so yummy! And it had a whole lot-a-salt. Today is a chug a lot-of-H2O day and hopefully the scale will show that tomorrow!

Ama
39, 5’6”
Started FD Jan 2012; weight 134
Current weight - week of 6/11: 127.4, 125.8, 125.4, no Thu weigh-in. 126.4
Goal: 123

Last edited by amalthea1892; 06-15-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.