Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Oh, I knew it was too good to be true!! I was reworking my pot pie numbers, and yea there was a data entry error. So yesterday sits at 1674 calories, not 970. (feel better Amy?) I was tired, and didn't feel like going back over the numbers last night, looks like I should have. So that puts me UP in calories yesterday. Good thing I hadn't planned on doing much eatin' tonight.
Not really, I just feel a little more normal now, which unfortunately for you isn't saying much. Sorry I just got back from the swim meet, I'm exhausted and verging on nonsensical.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I just bought a box of All Bran Bran Buds in the discount cart at the grocery store. I added a serving (70 cals) to a 0% Greek Yogurt for snack. Yum! I need to add some more fiber to my diet. This may be the ticket. I don't think I would want to eat them just with milk but I love some crunch in my yogurts.
If you like a little crunch you might try TVP (textured vegetable protein). On it's own it's tasteless and gritty, but it adds the perfect crunch to yogurt, and it doesn't get soggy very quickly. DH puts Grape Nuts in his yogurt, I despise them, and refer to it as "daddy's aggregate" to his face. He calls my flaxseed meal and TVP as "sawdust and dried eye of newt". This is why we are happily married after all these years, he stays out of my yogurt crunchies and I stay out of his.

I like the top too, it makes you look like a high maintenance wife with a new credit card, not a cow with a big belly.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
4. Finish two eval reports (it's a stretch but, go big or stay home, right?)
Where I live it's "Go Big or GO HOME", not "stay" home, but I'm a northerner and we talk funny.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm pirating Luv's smilie to accept the invitation to get back on the wagon with y'all.

I'm too far behind again to catch up. Will skim the posts later and try to reply to those posts addressed to me, but offer major kudos to all who are doing well and huge hugs to all who are struggling.

Armadillos? I think Mike is getting to be more like Noah rather than Pimp Daddy. LOL

Julie, congrats on a job super-well-done Friday! Yeah, I was too ashamed to even log what I ate yesterday and today.

Luv, I know WHAT to do and HOW to do it, I just don't always DO it. You are so right--those of us who are off track need to make healthy choices. I know I'm not perfect and just because I get back on track doesn't mean I'll never cheat on my way of eating again. When I'm cheating guess I'm trying to fool myself into believing I'm giving myself some extra TLC, but TLC is what's GOOD for someone, not what's BAD for them. I need to eat more of the healthful, "legal" comfort foods I'm allowed to enjoy, then I wouldn't be tempted so much by things like the chocolate eclair I had today.

Last edited by Mern; 02-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
I think Mike is getting to be more like Noah rather than Pimp Daddy. LOL
Haha. I'm at the office on a Saturday and I just wrote NUMBER 4 for the week. In case y'all what to know what's up... check this out!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Luv I did post in the feedback forum and I really do not mind the ads but this week I have been so hungry and tempted by everything and I happen to love lattes I am a huge coffee fan so it was just more then I wanted to handle, this morning I made myself a latte at home with skim milk and even made my own foam for 80 calories.

April I am so happy for your son and for you, that’s a great step. I hope you have a great time tonight and I am sure you will look amazing.

Mern Lol, get your head out of that bag we still love ya even when you are eating chocolate éclairs ohhhh I want chocolate. I do not know what’s wrong with me but I could easily be on a binge at any given moment this week, I am going to try to fix it by having healthy Mexican tonight hopefully it will taste like a rich fatty dinner but still be good for me.

Julie Smart lady pre-planning your dinner out, way to go and have fun.

Cassie Enjoy your homemade soup! I found a recipe for chicken tacos with whole grain rice, black beans, peppers, and avocado and with my homemade salsa that Amy taught me to make I am going to enjoy Mexican with no guilt and in my calorie budget. I have had Mexican food on the brain since you had it yesterday.

Amy I gave into temptation and made my own latte! I think I have just been a passenger on the struggle bus with you this week and it was easier to be mad at an ad then be frustrated with myself for having no willpower but I love your idea of overcharging them and up upgrading ourselves to premium.How did the girls do at their meet?

Way to go Mike!

Last edited by dar n; 02-11-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

To all who posted to me about it, thanks for your support on how I handled the situation with my 10 year old GD's homework left at my house that I declined to take to school to save her little butt from "standing on the wall" at recess. Found out later she also called her mother and her mother could have taken it to her at lunch time, but she also declined.

Amy, the parochial school my son and daughter attended allowed only forgotten lunches, fundraiser money and "picture day" money due that day to be given to the kids before the end of the school day. Homework not turned in netted an automatic written punishment and a zero for the homework grade unless the parent sent a note that the homework couldn't be done because the child was sick or there was a family emergency or some other truly valid excuse. They had to "stand on the wall" for forgotten gym shoes (which were not allowed to be worn in the classroom--not part of the school uniform) but they had no requirements for gloves, boots, hats, and coats.

Cassie, I hope the concert goes great. Glad you mentioned the homemade chicken veggie soup. I have some super-yummy crockpot juices from a pork roast I made yesterday. It'll make the yummiest base for a small pot of cabbage and other low carb veggie soup.

Mike, I haven't clicked to get a free insurance quote, but I'll pass your tip along to others. I did not know the info is sold. I know your honesty about insurance will be rewarded to you. Big hug to ya!

Frances, welcome! Congrats on that 20 lbs. lost so far. Sounds like the knee replacement is serving you well. That's wonderful. You are truly inspiring!

April, I know it's after the fact, but I like your outfit in the picture. I'm sure it looks fine with either pants or a skirt and goes beautifully with your complexion and hair style and color. I also love how the pattern goes down the front--has a slimming effect to it.

Last edited by Mern; 02-11-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Friday and Saturday Report:

Sunday goals:
--30 minutes exercise
--60 oz. water
--low carb vitamin fortified protein shakes as meal replacements for breakfast and lunch
--low carb on-plan dinner
--snacks/meal additions of avacado, flaxmeal, almonds, olive oil to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides
I'm with you on this one, especially for Friday. Wahhhhh.... It was BAD. I had to make all these cookies for the stupid bake sale, I did a lot better once they were dropped off, but then DH came home from Sam's Club and apparently he's pregnant with a wheat monster baby, because he hit that bakery harder than I've ever seen him hit it. No lie, he brought home: 2 boxes of giant muffins (1 chocolate, 1 apple, 620 calories each), 1 loaf whole wheat bread, 2 pkgs white flour tortillas, 1 pkg Ciabatta rolls (200 cal each), 1 pkg pretzel rolls (320 cals each), 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, 1 pkg slim buns and 1 pkg of mini slim buns. Good grief, 2 of us in this house only tolerate minimal amounts of wheat, who/what is he planning to feed?

The kids had an extra training session at the pool last night, ugh it was brutal. 1 hour of starts, and 1 hour of strokes. The worked showed this morning, their starts at the meet were awesome, but I think it was too much because they also looked tired. It didn't help that we had a blizzard last night, and had to leave at 7:00am rather than 8:00am. Then we hit a snow storm on the way home too, which made for a really long drive back. Middle DD did great, she placed 2nd, 4th, 7th and I think her relay was a 2nd? IDK, I'm a mom, I'm all about the kids, the numbers elude me and it's better that way. Little DD I think placed 7th and 8th in her 25 free and relay, she really wanted to do breast stroke, but isn't seeded (which was necessary in order to compete in today's finals). Coach agreed, and he has someone in mind to work with her between now and next session. Which if you ask me is crazy, she's 5, but um, my breast stroke looks a lot like the doggy paddle, so maybe he's right. Next Saturday is the last meet of the season, huzzah huzzah huzzah!!! Swimming is pretty much year round, but between sessions it's much more relaxed.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mike--why'd you go with the edit??? Great job though!!

Luv--my nieces and nephew are HILARIOUS! and of course they love me very much!! I'm the best Aunt Tori eva!!! The oldest, who's thisclose to turning 13, has been on me for years about wanting another uncle. Whenever she finds out that I've got a date or what not, she's all "is HE a keeper??? you never find keepers AunTori" And apparently her friend's dad is quite the hottie. And the boy's basketball coach at their school. I told her to work on it and we'll see LOL!!!

April--so glad your son had a good night!!! Enjoy yourself tonight. And we gotta see some pics!!!!!

Everyone else--hope all is well in your worlds!! Not purposely leaving anyone out.

I just got home from indulging in more Retail Therapy. $200 of retail therapy, but at least now I won't be naked for Mardi Gras!!!!

Have a party to go to with some people from work. I've bailed on them 3 times already, and feel obligated to go this time. PLUS one of the guys' wife made me a Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie!!!! ooooh that itty bit of loss I had this morning is going to be HISTORY!!! but I don't care!

Check y'all later!!

OOOHH and Welcome Frances!!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-11-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Gotta go for now--I'll be back later tonight to catch up again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.