Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, right now it's 20F here in southern Ohio with a wind chill of a freakin' 8F! It's supposed to get down to 6 degrees tonight not counting the wind chill factor. Brrrrrrrrrr!

Mike, thanks--I hate junk mail in my mailbox outside or on my computer and we screen our phone calls.

Luv, you're such a sweetheart. It's not a burden at all for me to reply to people who have addressed me. I just like to let them know if I can that it'll take me a while to get back to them but I do take it for granted they will understand. I certainly do appreciate your giving me some extra time, though. If ever I miss replying to you, know that it was unintentional and refresh my memory or point me to the appropriate post. OK? Congrats on your two mile DVD. Does 120" mean 120 minutes? Being a floundering fish is a GOOD thing--foundering is way better than just floating at a total stop.

Last edited by Mern; 02-11-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Mern, 120" does mean 120 minutes. LOL -- I certainly would rather be floundering than floating!

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all! So, I completely bombed on my workouts and walking this week, but it was a rare week. Went to the party at work guy's house, and while I didn't want to go at first I'm glad I did. We had a great time. Even though it's just after midnight and I'm already home. They're old-er than me, so they tend to start and end early. There was an offer from one of the guys there to go out after we left, I declined. He's only 21, and I'M old to him LOL!!! Although, I'm sure there are a few things I could teach him.

I weighed in before I left, just so I could weigh in when I got home. To see if there was any major damage. Before I left I was at 207.2 (which is down from this morning's weigh in, rare!!) and when I got home it was only 207.8! NO MAJOR DAMAGE AT ALL!!! I'm completely confused by it, cause I drank and ate. A LOT!! But, oh well!! I'm good with it!!!

Mern-NFCD is a no go. Apparently he's attached. Which no biggie there. Even though he's said otherwise, I'm sure there's a certain soldier who wouldn't be pleased with me dating others.....

Gonna hit the hay, it's been a long day of shopping and drinking
Old 02-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you had a good time, Tori. I'm sure you can use a few smiles lately.

Checking in with my weekend warrior goals:

1. Stick to 1200 calories. 1187
2. Exercise 3 times. Just under an hour on the mill of tread
3. 3 sports bottles of water each day. Yes
4. Finish two eval reports (it's a stretch but, go big or stay home, right?) One done, longer one started
5. Take the boy driving at least once and be patient.
6. Journal briefly before eating/snacking. Forgot halfway through the day
7. Time to clean out the fridge!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Glad you had a good time, Tori. I'm sure you can use a few smiles lately.
Apparently I had too good of a time. I just got through logging what I remember eating/drinking and OMG!! I'm DOUBLE my caloric intake for the day!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
FitDay Member

Sat was not a good day, my friend arrived with the most glorious white choc and raspberry muffins and how could I refuse her generosity. She stayed for dinner and that meant opening a bottle of wine and getting out the Ben & Jerry's for dessert. The only positive was that I had B&J still in the freezer, I bought it weeks ago and hadn't even opened it, now that's progress.

Mike. Sounds like you had a reasonable week workwise, thanks for the tip on searching for policies. Hope you make way over your quota next week.

April. Did you enjoy your evening out? Bet you looked a knock out, that top was very pretty. Glad your son is making a little progress.

Luv. Great news on the loss, keep it up girl

Tori. Give us the low down on your retail therapy. Sounds like you had a good time at the party, that's great, you need a pick me up.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Weighing in at 219.5 this morning, but it's better than the 222 I expected. Re-pledging my Sunday goals:
--30 minutes exercise
--60 oz. water
--low carb vitamin fortified protein shakes as small meal replacements.
--low carb on-plan dinner
--snacks/meal additions of avacado, flaxmeal, almonds, olive oil to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides
--vitamin D3 and omega-3 fish oil capsules

Cassie, great Weekend Warrior Saturday!

Lizzie, I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend despite the muffins and wine. Kudos on still having the ice cream in the freezer after buying it two weeks ago. That IS progress!

Luv, thanks for the clarification on the "--made sense to me since I also do a 2 mile walking DVD and exercise 5 days a week. I love your fish. Looks like me--my mouth is open half the time when I'm just floating--too easy to stuff things into it.

Tori, sticking with CN will be less work anyway--only two letters to type instead of the four in NFCD. LOL Just kidding--sounds like YOU'RE "attached" too, so I'll just hope things work out the way you will be happiest. Glad you enjoyed the party. Congrats on your weigh-in!

Last edited by Mern; 02-12-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

OK, I think I can do this. According to my nutrition tracker meal planning for today's menu:

--I will be able to meet ALL my usual daily targets and limits for calories, net carbs, fiber, protein, saturated fat and cholesterol while using low carb protein shakes as meal replacements today for all but one meal.
--I will still be able to get in all my foods that I use daily to lower cholesterol and triglycerides: almonds, avocado, flaxmeal, olive oil, omega-3 fish oil.
--My carbs will be fantastic.

If I can do this, I will be so full of MYSELF that y'all won't be able to stand me.

RIP Whitney Houston. I wasn't a huge fan of hers, but she had one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. The world will be less melodic without her and her talent will be sorely missed. Wishing comfort to her family, friends, and fans.

Last edited by Mern; 02-12-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: No,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: None!,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles, T: 40min - 2miles, W: Snowing like a blizzard, Th: 36min - 2miles, F: Retail therapy included walking to & from the parking garage and all through Penneys in 3" heels, that gotta count for something!
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun W: 1hr 10min, Th: Day off, F: 1hr, Sat: 45min,
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, T: -1591, W: -1296, Th: -1069, F: -1851, Sat: -1155, Blue"]Week's Deficit -8118 .... Woohoo!![/COLOR]

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good, T: had a good day, W: doing what I can, Th: Rough, but yes, it's all I can do, F: Yes, had a good day, Sat: Great day,

Thank you all for your comments about my son yesterday. It does seem like he may be about to turn the corner. He wants out and in order to do that he is going to have to let go and talk to the doctor so he can help him. He called last night while we were at my work dinner. He was just waking up from a nap (which he NEVER does) and was still very tired so conversation wasn't at it's best but it wasn't bad either. I looked up his new med and one of the side effects is drowsiness until you are used to it. I don't want a zombie for a son so I will keep an eye on that.

Dinner out with everyone from work was wonderful. We all had a very good time. We had a wonderful speaker (W Mitchell) who was very uplifting. The food was actually a little lack luster but that made it easier to not eat it all. I only ate about 4-5 bites of my filet mignon because it was almost mooing still. The chicken marsala was good but kind of dry. The triple chocolate mousse with carmel & chocolate sauce drizzled on it was too decadent, I ate half of it. The best thing on my plate was the rice! LOL That's okay though, the company & conversation and atmosphere were awesome! We left before the awards really got started at 9pm because I am not in a position to receive any type of award and my sweet hubby had worked 5-4 and had to do that again today. No point in keeping him out late. I logged everything and didn't deduct for what I didn't eat and still brought home a deficit of 1155 yesterday! Tomorrow's scale reading is going to be a great one. All the super bowl & stress weight is gone and then some! Just sayin'!

Here is a pic that I got our son to snap after we were home. It isn't the best but you can get the idea.

And one of myself before we left for the dinner. I couldn't get a full body shot though.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: No,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: None!,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles, T: 40min - 2miles, W: Snowing like a blizzard, Th: 36min - 2miles, F: Retail therapy included walking to & from the parking garage and all through Penneys in 3" heels, that gotta count for something!
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun W: 1hr 10min, Th: Day off, F: 1hr, Sat: 45min,
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, T: -1591, W: -1296, Th: -1069, F: -1851, Sat: -1155, Week's Deficit -8118 .... Woohoo!!

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good, T: had a good day, W: doing what I can, Th: Rough, but yes, it's all I can do, F: Yes, had a good day, Sat: Great day,

Thank you all for your comments about my son yesterday. It does seem like he may be about to turn the corner. He wants out and in order to do that he is going to have to let go and talk to the doctor so he can help him. He called last night while we were at my work dinner. He was just waking up from a nap (which he NEVER does) and was still very tired so conversation wasn't at it's best but it wasn't bad either. I looked up his new med and one of the side effects is drowsiness until you are used to it. I don't want a zombie for a son so I will keep an eye on that.

Dinner out with everyone from work was wonderful. We all had a very good time. We had a wonderful speaker (W Mitchell) who was very uplifting. The food was actually a little lack luster but that made it easier to not eat it all. I only ate about 4-5 bites of my filet mignon because it was almost mooing still. The chicken marsala was good but kind of dry. The triple chocolate mousse with carmel & chocolate sauce drizzled on it was too decadent, I ate half of it. The best thing on my plate was the rice! LOL That's okay though, the company & conversation and atmosphere were awesome! We left before the awards really got started at 9pm because I am not in a position to receive any type of award and my sweet hubby had worked 5-4 and had to do that again today. No point in keeping him out late. I logged everything and didn't deduct for what I didn't eat and still brought home a deficit of 1155 yesterday! Tomorrow's scale reading is going to be a great one. All the super bowl & stress weight is gone and then some! Just sayin'!

Here is a pic that I got our son to snap after we were home. It isn't the best but you can get the idea.

And one of myself before we left for the dinner. I couldn't get a full body shot though.
Nice pics! I saw them on FB. You should tell Chloe to stay still.... or speed up the shutter speed on the camera.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.