Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene. I raised a glass to you last night in celebration, great news.

Running late this morning, off to an afternoon music session and I gotta look my best cos my ex may be there and .......well you know how it is, no matter how much you don't give a damn you still wanna look good. Catch you all later
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene - Congratulations! *hugs*

- 1700 Cals M=1574, T=1601, W=1466, Th=1667 F=1308
- 30 minutes of free weights daily M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=Y
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30 M=36/40/23 T=35/38/26, W=42/41/17 Th=51/29/19, F=53/23/24
- a stable 289 lbs M=293, T=293, W=291.5 Th=291, F=291

Not much else to report.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, Darlene! Sending up prayers of thanksgiving for your wonderful news!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Darlene! Thats fantastic news- hope you have a great weekend. Id raise a glass of wine to you but i feel a bit of a sore throat coming on so unfortunately it will have to be a warm cup of tea instead.

Im staying strong this weekend with food but i will be honest and say i havent yet done my exercise. Had a poached egg, grilled mushrooms and 2 slices of wholegrain toast for my lunch. Just had 3 satsumas whilst watching some tv. Im not yet decided what im making for dinner yet- the kiddies are staying the night at grandmas so it will be something quick and easy.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Our roads are covered with ice, so my tempura fried cod dinner at Cracker Barrel tonight, planned CAREFULLY to fit in my food goals may or may not happen. I will have only 3/4 the serving of fish and substitute green beans for the French fries and turnip greens for the cole slaw. If the roads are still bad tonight, I'm sure I'll find something to cook for dinner that will still come in on target.

Mike, welcome aboard! Hang in there this weekend! I promise to check in often.

Kay, I, too, found that exercise helps my chronic pain. Mine is my back and shoulders.

April! Absolutely fabulous job on your food and fitness this week. Congrats on your added weight loss! Looks like your body was telling you that you are doing just fine on the exercise without the walking at lunch this week. I am keeping you in my prayers for stress relief.

Terri, aw, so sorry about BF's job leads falling through. Maybe an even better job than what he had in mind is around the corner. I know a few people that happened to. It's a good sign to me that you were confident and felt like you could be yourself during your interview. The smile and nod sounds like a totally successful save on the issue of BF returning to school. LOL Oh, I'll keep my fingers, eyes and toes crossed (and send up some prayers) that you'll get this job. I hope you will continue to work on the attitude that everything works out for the best. Easy for me to say, I know, but you exhibit that attitude time after time, despite how hard it is.

Beth, yeah, life gets in the way of posting sometimes. It's perfectly OK to pop in and just post a line or two without doing a formal report on every single statistic in your goals. I think all of us have to do that at times.

Xyxst, congrats on eating only half the pizza. I love cooked cabbage--even the smell of it. Yucky having an unappealing aroma you can't get away from, though. What's a 9p supper?

fit4luv, congrats on trying to work on the non-starchy veggies. They are loaded with healthful nutrients. Easy for me to say--I am a green veggie lover.

tracey, I hope you find a way to get in more sleep. Sounds like you need more rest and ME time than getting caught up with the ironing. I hope you can fend off that sore throat. Big hug to ya!

Connect! Stellar day yesterday! Congratulations on how you handled your challenges!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Im staying strong this weekend with food but i will be honest and say i havent yet done my exercise. Had a poached egg, grilled mushrooms and 2 slices of wholegrain toast for my lunch. Just had 3 satsumas whilst watching some tv. Im not yet decided what im making for dinner yet- the kiddies are staying the night at grandmas so it will be something quick and easy.
Come on girl... get moving. We don't want to have to put in the same boat as Mike, ya know. I am sure it is tempting to just crash with the kiddos away, but it is also a chance to do something great for you body like a little exercise
Old 01-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern. I slept in late today, which is good I guess. Now about to go try to make some better choices for food.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you all, you are awesome!!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

I had a very relaxing evening last night and I woke up this morning thinking it's time to get my focus back on my eating plan so I stood on the scale!
Today I have to help my son move a couple loads up to his new place that should burn a few calories the weather is terrible so no outside hiking but I will try to get on the treadmill and get my squats and ab work going again.
I will try to get on board with the weekend challenge of 6miles/9.6k
I hope you all have a successful and happy day.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Been eating well today and chugging through the to-do list. It's been pouring and storming most of today so far, which makes hibernating in the house and knocking out the paperwork a bit easier to stomach. I'm hoping it breaks before I have to start running errands.

Add to goals...be patient with son, who's on edge about some major upcoming events and in predictable fashion is spraying his high-strung obsessiveness all over the place. Yeesh! Those errands are looking better and better .

Darlene, be careful moving. Mike can come help. He wants to burn some calories.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-21-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.