Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm totally jealous of all of you that are out walking in pleasant weather! I'm afraid walking isn't in the cards for me this weekend. The temp was -10 this morning, (actual air temp., not wind chill) so I'm in for the rest of the day. My eating has been great all week, with the exception of a little detour last night. But, today is all planned... I'm roasting a whole chicken and surrounding it with tons of veggies so I'll have lots of left-overs for the weekend.

Darlene,

I understand what you went through. I'm so happy for you! I went through something similar a few years back. My local hospital diagnosed my mammogram as a "suspected malignancy" and referred me to a hospital in a large city. When they saw the physicians report, they said that it sounded "dire". But when they looked at the mammogram, they actually laughed and said that there was no "there" there and that it had been misread by my local radiologist. To make a long story short, I never returned to my local hospital. In fact, I wouldn't take my cat there. Now, I go directly to the larger hospital each year. The 3 week ordeal caused me to lose 16 pounds due to stress. What made it worse was that for the entire previous year, I was the sole caregiver to my mom who had just gone through a year of treatment, including chemo and radical mastectomy, for breast cancer. It was one of the worst things my husband and I ever went through and one of only 3 times that I ever saw him cry. It was horrible.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I have a friend that wanted me to help his soon to be exwife move. I was in the middle of cleaning my garage again.

I haven't logged anything but I'm don't decent. I took my vitamins, fish oil, etc. I've had 1 orange and 1 turkey sammich on white (we're out of wheat).
Old 01-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
But, today is all planned... I'm roasting a whole chicken and surrounding it with tons of veggies so I'll have lots of left-overs for the weekend
Great minds think alike...I am having the exact same dinner !

Good job, Mike...keep it up! Hope things at home are peaceful.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
I have a lumpy cancer free breast
Great news Darlene! Since I saw you mention this the other day I've been praying for you.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all. So far I'm doing great on food today. I've made good choices. I had a small melt down at work this morning when I found out that what I had bought for breakfast for the coming week, and left in the fridge with a receipt on it, had been thrown away. Granted, it wasn't a lot of money, but it was MY money that got trashed. I said a few choice words and then found something else to eat. I REALLY wanted a cinnamon chip muffin, but they are now a NO NO! They're the really big jumbo muffins and the bakery doesn't sell them as singles. So I would have had to buy a 4 pack, and knew I wouldn't be able to eat only half of one. Heck, probably couldn't eat only ONE! They are deLISH!!! Work was....well, work was.

I so want to get outside and do something. It's one of the few days this week that it hasn't been too cold, with the wind blowing. BUT it's raining.

So I'm cooped up, stressed out, and about to strangle the cat.

Good new is, I didn't order the Papa John's and now I no longer want it. And I recovered all of my "lost" music.

Off to go vote. Catch y'all later.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

We still have black ice here, so are not going out for dinner. But I made low carb tuna casserole for an early dinner that was absolutely delicious--Dreamfields pasta, tuna, broccoli and Classico Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. I've done super on food today but still have to exercise.

Tori, so sorry your breakfast was thrown out. Glad you recovered your music and avoided Papa John's, tnough.

Cassie, best wishes on dealing with your son today. I'm wondering if I'm really related to three of my family members who made really illogical decisions about different things today--luckily nothing life altering--except one could have been for deciding to risk driving unnecessarily on black ice.

Looks like most (if not all) of us are making really good choices today on food and fitness. Hooray for us!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie Between my hubby and son I won’t be moving much but neither one of them can pack the truck worth beans so I will be playing box tetris and moving smaller stuff.

Quinn Thanks for sharing your story with me I can’t imagine how horrible that would have been. Hubby and I went to the dr’s together and were prepared for the worse and having seen him worry was really heartbreaking for me, how blessed are we that it wasn’t cancer and that we have amazing men in our lives to support us. I do not think I would trust your hospital again either I had another lady tell me a similar story about a false positive test I guess they happen more than I would of thought. My dr has me doing a follow up mammogram in 3 months for our peace of mind and having heard two of these stories maybe for his own peace of mind.

Mike Garage cleaning has to be a good calorie burn I am glad you are having a good day.

Vito Thanks! and thanks for the android info I can hope they get on an app soon.

Tori Sorry to hear your breakfast got trashed but great job on not letting that be your reason to eat bad.

My daughter is making spinach pasta for dinner so I just stopped in quick to figure out how much I can have and to say hi.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, "box tetris"

Quinn and Darlene, I'm so glad you two were blessed with such wonderful husbands to help you through your cancer scare ordeals.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Well, we had snow, but my neighbor came by with his plow before I got around to shoveling. All I had to do was clear the steps and around the car. Since that wasn't much effort, I did my 6 miles on the treadmill this afternoon.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Nice neighbor, Kay! Congrats on your exercise--that was great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.