Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. One diet soda limit M: Yes (only 1/2 a can), T: Yes (only 1/2 a can again), W: Yes,
3. No added salt to plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch 3 times M: 1.5miles in 27mins, T: Raining, W: No, Th: No, F: No This one failed ... partially due to weather but partially do to a case of the "I don't wannas"
5. Exercise in morning 3 times W-F W: 1hr, Th: 1hr 5min,
6. Listen to body when full M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
7. Weigh and post daily M: 274.2lbs, T: 271.2lbs , W: 269.6lbs, Th: 268.2lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Keep hands busy in evening M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes ,
2. Make yearly GYN appt M: DONE! It's on 02.27.12 at 3:15pm
3. Don't cause panic until I have facts M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Another good day/night! As of this morning, I am down 6.0lbs this week! I thought I might have blown it by eating two handfulls of no salt added barbecue chips last night but I did some extra credit exercise to make up for them Last night I got to stop at Walmart on my way home and pick up my very first laptop of my own. Up until now I have just used my hubby's for a few minutes here and there. I have one of my very own now so look out because I will be able to post at night now too!

Joanna ... Thank you so much! Somehow I didn't even notice that I dropped into another decade! I will record it into my signature on Monday if it sticks. ... Your pics are great! What a difference!! WTG being down 4 sizes girl! Keep up the hard work.

Lizzie ... LOL @ Boobs to your knees. My hubby has always said if I didn't have a big belly he don't know where my boobs would rest. I guess we shall be finding that out in the not too distant future. With all the older I am though and their true size and the fact that gravity is definitely not my friend I will seriously be considering a reduction once I reach an acceptable size for me. I don't have a true weight goal. I have a size and feeling goal. ... All 4 of the bras that I just bought are from Playtex so nothing too fancy but they are all double layered with a nice soft inside layer and a pure lace layer over the outside. Functional, fit very well and still on the sexy side too. I bought pink, black, honey and a darker brown color. No White ones!!! At $12 each I couldn't resist and free shipping to the house from Kohls.com.

Tracey ... It helps when you can cook for the whole family and make it healthier. ... Congrats on your 3lbs!

Tori ... I have never before bought too many bras since I was at the top of the sizes and could only ever find one or two that fit at a time so I had to buy what fit, not what I liked....How nice of you not to let your brother's children starve! ... Will this be the first time you color your hair? I ask because we are the same age and I have never colored mine. But I have grays coming in. Kinda heavy in a few spots like just behind my bangs. But I have blonde in my hair so it hides fairly well. It's all a matter of time though.

Pam ... I have been doing all my landscaping with perennials too. I do annuals but only in containers. I don't like making holes in my landscape fabric for annuals. ... Good news on the BP issue!

Mike ... Thanks for your kudos on my green. I put some red in it today though. A high of 27* is just too cold to be out there when I have to work the rest of the day. If I could just go home & snuggle under a blanket after that walk it would be a different story. Maybe. ... My back doesn't normally hurt LOL! I do know that I slouch a lot when I sit though and if I try to sit up nice and straight I will get a sore back/shoulders.

Mern ... You had a good day with no logging available to you. I hope your eye appt turns out well. I guess of all things to be wrong with your eyes, that one is not the worst that could happen.

Cassie ... What I ate on Mon & Tues was basically the same both days and may not be good choices for everyone but breakfast - banana & yogurt (one day was greek), morning snack - nutrigrain bar, lunch - low sodium campbells' veg soup in ready to serve can, 1oz sharp cheddar cheese cut in cubes and 5 club crackers, afternoon snack - an apple, dinner - salad (lettuce, tomato, red cabbage & carrot shreds, 1/4oz mozzarella shredded, @5 slices of bread & butter pickle and @7-10 mild banana pepper rings, multigrain cheese & garlic croutons and 3-4oz of precooked breaded chicken breast heated in the microwave. Snack at night - 1-2 sugar free popsicles and 2-3 4" pieces of deer jerky. (Tuesday I had that small piece of boston creme pie too). ... Like I said probably some preservatives there that some wouldn't want to eat but it works well for me.

Amy ... You must have a clean house this week with as much as that goal is green. ... LOL @ treat like a dog. My dogs have it better than most people's kids!... working in a food service warehouse and with all the salesmen and drivers, I have never overheard an xrated conversation.

Kay ... Good job on getting your exercise in and combatting the munchies with water.

Darlene ... I hope for you the best news tomorrow. ... I will have to look into European sized bras.

zyxst ... It's okay to sometimes have an off meal. It isn't one thing that you eat that will make the difference. It is the average of all things eaten that counts.

Quinn ... Congrats on your daughter getting accepted even if she can't go that is a huge deal and boost of her confidence!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Kay, I don't always have time to read all the posts before I respond, either. I'm glad to know you also find Dreamfields indistinguishable from other pastas. The only person I ever made it a point to tell was my granddaughter's boyfriend who is on an insulin pump so he could program in his carbs accordingly. My 7 year old grandson has a severely limited palate--drives me nuts.

Pam, I read that the verdict is no BP meds for now and to continue to monitor it at home. Are you happy with that? DH had an appointment this morning and his doc, who never did advocate any self-help but put him on meds when it first went to 140 over whatever, told him he blood pressure is still OK enough to no longer require meds if he doesn't want them. So he's going to continue the lowER carb diet which is what got him off the meds, no thanks to her. I'm not trying to push that--I know your story is way different from his--just sharing the news. So sorry I forgot (I'm 65--I'm allowed. )-- are you one who said you don't like the taste of flaxmeal? I may have told you I make hot faux oatmeal out of flaxmeal, flavored whey protein powder, and water and nuke it the microwave. I love the taste of flaxmeal, but the protein powder really does very much (if not completely) mask the taste of flax. I especially like it with the chocolate and peach protein powder, but am looking forward to trying it with banana.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

For Mike

Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Pam, I read that the verdict is no BP meds for now and to continue to monitor it at home. Are you happy with that? DH had an appointment this morning and his doc, who never did advocate any self-help but put him on meds when it first went to 140 over whatever, told him he blood pressure is still OK enough to no longer require meds if he doesn't want them. So he's going to continue the lowER carb diet which is what got him off the meds, no thanks to her. I'm not trying to push that--I know your story is way different from his--just sharing the news. So sorry I forgot (I'm 65--I'm allowed. )-- are you one who said you don't like the taste of flaxmeal? I may have told you I make hot faux oatmeal out of flaxmeal, flavored whey protein powder, and water and nuke it the microwave. I love the taste of flaxmeal, but the protein powder really does very much (if not completely) mask the taste of flax. I especially like it with the chocolate and peach protein powder, but am looking forward to trying it with banana.
Mern, I am very happy not to have to take meds. Among other things my body just doesn't like being messed with chemically, and I have little tolerence for side effects. Believe me I will gladly take medication that is essential to my survival, but I think (well, actually I know) lots of people are over-medicated and many could stop medication with rather simple life style changes - as you are living proof of (and apparently so is your DH - wonderful news.) I really question what the medical profession is doing to us sometimes.

I am not the one that doesn't like flax. I have been intrigued by your faux oatmeal recipe for a while, but just haven't gotten around to trying it. Maybe I'll give it a whirl (or a stir) this weekend.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy I half-heard (was also on the computer) an old episode of the George Lopez show last night where he was telling his daughter (I guess) that she could be assured she wasn't adopted because he'd have taken her back under their state's lemon laws. This is not advice--just sharing a memory. Your DD's temper tantrum over the dollhouse brought to mind an experience with my oldest step-grandson, now 25. When he was four or five, he threw a screaming, kicking, fist pounding tantrum on the floor of Toys R Us when I wouldn't buy him a video game of which I didn't approve--it was a fighting game. I didn't want people to think I was hitting or spanking him, so I walked half way down the aisle and stood there looking at other toys as if I didn't even notice he was making a scene. When he saw I was ignoring him and strangers were staring at him, he abruptly quit and got up off the floor. LOL
That's funny! Well now it's funny, I'll bet it wasn't too funny that day. I have a friend whose daughter was prone to throwing horrible tantrums. So after trying everything else she could think of, she decided a demonstration was in order, and the next time her daughter threw a temper tantrum, she said, "I want you to see what you look like", and proceeded to pitch an identical fit, threw herself on the floor and everything - in the candy aisle of the local grocery store. Her daughter switched right then and there from the "temper tantrum" method to "silent treatment".

I've used that "imitation" technique a few times on my kids, and I have to say it worked rather well on fixing some of those annoying habits kids get into. I once spent an entire afternoon repeating everything my DD said, it was a pain in the rear end, but it cured her of it.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-19-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

April, OMG, you are rockin' it! Kudos on being six whopping pounds down! Aw, I'm so happy you got a laptop of your own. I am really content with my desktop and will hate it when they quit making them, which I'm sure will be very soon. Oh, I count my blessings on my eyes--my Mom went totally blind from glaucoma due to not putting in her eye drops to keep the pressure down. She was suffering early stages of dementia, living out of state at the time, and my step-father didn't know the drops were so important. My husband and kids know to be sure I get those drops in if I ever become mentally challenged--OK, no jokes here, Mike. LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
SO true!! I've also spent the bulk of my career working in male dominate departments. And between the guys in the meat dept and the guys in the vending/sales world, I've heard pretty much everything. If I were the type to sue for sexual harassment I could be LOaDED!! But I'm not, so I guess I'll have to settle for poverty One my guys sent me an off color text not too long ago and I said something to him like "why would you send a woman that??". His reply? 'You're not a woman, you're Tori!' SMH
My cubicle at one point sat adjacent to the copy machine and water cooler. I'm short and the wall blocked me completely from view, but "Hello" I'm not deaf and it's not really a wall people! Oh the things I learned just sitting there minding my own business. I'm not the sort to sue anybody either, but on more than one occasion I was questioned over sexual harassment issues brought to the forefront by others.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Dude!! I'm tellin ya, Nancy taught us everything we need to know....JUST SAY NO!!!!

And Jasmine doesn't sleep under the bridge thankyouverymuch....she's too good for under the bridge. However, if I don't come into some money soon I may be under a bridge during Mardi Gras!!
I'm telling you check out the Motel 6 in Slidell. I think they recently rmodeled it. You may be able to get a room for $69/night. Split that between a few friends and it'll be a cheap trip.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, I was OK the day of my step-grandson's temper tantrum in Toys R Us because I was halfway down the aisle and the other customers didn't know he was with me until he was done with his tantrum. Oh, my Lord! That is too funny about your friend demonstrating a temper tantrum in the middle of the candy aisle. LOL Another LOL on your repeating everything DD said to show her what that was like. Another grandson of mine was a sentence finisher--and 99.9% of the time, he finished my sentence WRONG! Nothing I did cured him--I got rid of that problem after he moved across town and started school and I didn't have to babysit him anymore.

Gotta go get ready for my appointment. Will catch you all later tonight.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

I think I figured out why the girls were all so cranky yesterday. We're in a wild weather pattern here in MI, and experiencing what we refer to locally as "lake effect snow". Somehow between the lakes, the wind and the barometric pressure bands of blizzard are created in the atmosphere. Anyway, the end result is that the radar looks like a zebra pattern. It's really bizarre, one minute it's sunny and beautiful, the next it's a white out, sunny, white out, sunny, white out. And of course anytime I've needed to drive somewhere today, it's been in white out conditions, but perfectly beautiful once I get the car parked. It took me 20 minutes to get the kids to school this morning, it's 5 1/2 blocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.