Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-27-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by edahlt
Oh my goodness, I can completely relate to that. I have a bad habit of eating until I'm uncomfortably full at family gatherings, but this year "uncomfortably full" seemed to come a lot faster! Maybe it was a mental thing, maybe it was my body understanding how much I need to eat, I don't know. But it was great to realize that.

Unrelated, but I just noticed that you're from PA, April. Mind if I ask what part? I'm from Pittsburgh.

Near Altoona...tiny little town called Roaring Spring.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mhibdon: here's a start--other members may be able to contribute more.

Good sources of potassium

from Sources of Potassium in Foods - Good Sources of Potassium - The Daily Green

sweet potatoes, tomatoes, raisins, clams, orange juice, beet greens, white beans, dates, real yogurt, white potatoes but many people have given up white potatoes as too full of carbs. A real surprise to me was that bananas do have potassium, but are not in the top ten list.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Good sources of magnesium

from What Are the Best Sources of Magnesium?

Green leafy veggies, broccoli, spinach, oatmeal, brown rice, barley, almonds, cashews, and peanuts. (Those nuts also contain potassium), skimmed milk, yogurt, broiled (not fried) fish, figs, raisins.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Good sources of phosphorus

from Good Food Sources For Phosphorus | LIVESTRONG.COM

Animal Proteins
Meats of all types are good sources of phosphorus. Fish, poultry and beef are all rich in phosphorus. Eggs, milk and milk products are also good sources of dietary phosphorus. According to the USDA, up to 24 percent of the phosphorus consumed comes from dairy.

Vegetable Sources
Strict vegetarians who don't consume any type of animal protein will need to look for phosphorus somewhere else. However, phosphorus from non-animal sources is harder for the body to absorb and process. According to the Linus Pauling Institute, the body can only use about 50 percent of phosphorus from vegetable sources. The vegetarian foods with the highest amount of phosphorus include almonds, lentils and peanuts. All fruits and vegetables contain a small amount of phosphorus.

Whole wheat bread and pumpkin kernels were also mentioned--and carbonated beverages, but we all know soda is NOT good for us in other ways--not good for weight loss, our teeth, our stomach.... (but I drink a can of diet pop a day as a treat)

Last edited by Mern; 12-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Torre, I'm glad your uncomfortably full feeling at mealtime comes sooner nowdays. I think several of us have noticed that. It's a good sign we are retraining our bodies to know what's good for them, as you said.

Last edited by Mern; 12-27-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, I'm here. Today day has been hectic. I went in to the office to catch up on my 52 emails, then had to leave b/c my niece was having her birthday party at the bowling alley. Then I left there to go back up to the stealership to sit down with the finance guy b/c my numbers didn't jive with his. I'm pretty analytical and had to make sure everything was as it should be. Then back to my brothers house for the get together with family for my niece's birthday. Barely worked at all and now I'm back home waiting for my GF to get off back from work so we can head out to the mall in New Orleans, to swap out clothes that we got the girls for Christmas, that don't fit right. When I get back to from the mall I need to find some time to get my butt to the gym. I hope things will start to slow down soon, by the time that happens I'll be back to working longer days.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Mike, hectic day for you. Glad you got your car numbers jived. Hope the rest of your day goes to getting done all you want to do.

I didn't get my exercise in earlier and do not want to, but I will do it anyway. Heading for the fridge for some water and won't get back on the computer until I do two miles of my aerobic walking DVD. Y'all better give me a BIDIA award tomorrow! LOL
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mike Comas food, wine and carb I hope I can recover I feel pretty crappy today. I am so happy the ring was a success. Great job on the truck negotiating I am sure she loves it and hopefully your bike will come soon. Wow it sounds like you are having a very busy day I hope you get some down time.

Luv Enjoy your Christmas week it’s awesome you are enjoying family still. I like your walking goal mine is lacking this week but I have been aiming at 25k/15.5m and at least half of it hiking not walking, are you walking track, roads or hiking?

Cassie Good job on the successful cooking of Christmas goodies I was also good at cooking and not so great at eating wisely but darn it was all pretty tasty. I am a day behind you in not lingering in the land of gluttony (love this) due to a huge Boxing Day friend and food event. I hope your tooth isn’t causing you pain. Poor kitty the cone thing is funny and cruel all at the same time.

Mh Those are some pretty awesome 2012 goals but with all the training you are doing you will do great I am sure.

Susie Welcome!

Pam 11.5 miles what a great way to get back on track you were enjoying sun and exercising I was still stuffing my face so this week I will follow your example and get my butt back on track.

Tori Yeah on needing new jeans that’s so cool.

Mern I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and that your dinner was such a success. I loved your merry Christmas picture you posted for us. Wedding ring blessings I am so happy for you when I seen your post my heart actually skipped.

Torre Your post wasn’t long at all. I am glad your back and ready to go with new goals I am in the same boat I knew that as soon as the 23rd hit it would be a 4 day eating fest now it’s time to get back on track.

April Crawling with you I am up 3.5lbs but I agree it’s probably half water/salt and half chocolate. I also enjoyed everything I ate and my calories were high but really 1900 to 2600 cal is not crazy for 4 days considering those would have been normal every day numbers before so it’s all in the way we want to look at it. I am choosing to think awesome enjoyable treat days with friends and family and then to get motivated again I am stealing Cassies lingering in the land of gluttony phrase to stop the grazing and get my head back in the game. I am so glad your cold finally passed, are you back at work right away this week so you can get your walking routine back in place.

Well I am all caught up on reading congratulations and thanks to all of you who kept us going through the holidays I did get to stop in and read a little bit and it sure helped keep my head thinking about what bowls my hand made it in to. I ate and drank far too much but I really enjoyed the holidays and all the company I wish it didn’t go so quickly. Turkey dinner was great and all my guests seemed to enjoy all the choices there were not a lot of leftovers which surprised me as I made a 22lb turkey. Our open house event on boxing day seen 34 guest wander in to enjoy food and mulled wine and apple cider the last of the stragglers (our closest friends) didn’t leave until 3am so I am thinking it was a success. The challenge now is all the leftover food from that event I think my dd and I will box up the cookies and chocolates and take them down to the police station and firehouse tomorrow. I will pack up all the cheese, crackers and meats and use them for our New Year’s Eve party. Yes we will be doing it all over again this weekend that’s why it’s so important I get it together right away or like last year I will be eating my way through 10 days. I need to nap I am far too old to stay up so late I am exhausted. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

First, BIG thank yous to all of you for the congrats on new jeans. It does feel pretty amazing.

Health/Fitness

1--calories 1300-1400---1126, 1199, it's early but I don't plan on eating any more tonight
2--water water water!!---Y, N
3--exercise of some sort every day---Y, lots of lifting at work, not yet
4--shooting for 2 more lbs.---haven't weighed, haven't weighed

Life/Home

1--play with cat everyday (she's been neglected with all the holiday hoopla)---Y, Y
2--laundry...it's piling up again---on Wednesday
3--clean out closet (still haven't officially done this)---also Wednesday

I'm out for the night. Check y'all tomorrow!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 12-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Evening Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: Last cheat day, 1/2 ABC Panini ,
2. 3 L: 2, Yes
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes
4. Move: Yes, Yes

Had a dragout fight at ABC with two of my bestfriends because they didn’t believe me when I said that I had eaten. So I had to eat to keep them from making a scene. I had a sit-down talk with one of them, and I hope that she will be more understanding. Felt so much better after my run! There is always tomorrow when I should be getting two runs in! Hurray!

THANKS MERN!!! <3 <3 <3
Old 12-27-2011, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

Still recovering from my food coma... after three days of having cake for breakfast I am not feeling too proud of myself, eating just because the food is there is trouble. Tomorrow will be a better day, I will have simple goals, I am still having many family events:

1. Log in everything
2. Drink 2 L of water.
3. Clean inbox (haunting me again)

Mike, thanks for starting this week, glad to read the ring was a hit, as your infrared turkey making.

Mern, a huge smile on my face because your ring was found!!! Your week seem to be have started great, with the sleeping, the ring and your general being in the wagon!

Rose, lovely pic of Xmas Chico!

fit4luv, hope your extended xmas is going well!

Tori, congrats on being such a faithful reporter all last week and this week! New jeans rock!

Cassie, sorry to hear about your broken tooth hope you got that sorted out.

Mhibdon, congrats on your long term goals, hope your body is responding well to your new training. There is a post by Vito about potassium rich foods here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...uperfoods.html

Welcome Susie! Your goals and attitude sound great!

Pam, you are a running rockstar! Hope you get to do your skiing soon.

Torre, my best wishes for your return to school, you will figure how to make it work in no time.

April, congrats on getting back on the wagon, your pounds will drop soon. Hope you get to do your exercise later in the week, once you start again you will feel better.

Darlene, hope you recover in time for this next weekend, but all your holiday events and wine and cheese boxing day sound just great.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

I was about to say that I'm slacking, especially since I haven't set goals for the week... but it's almost 11:00 and I drug myself out to the gym to workout alone. Just finished one exercise, now time for front squats. . TTYL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.