Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, so glad to read you're enjoying your Florida vacation. KUDOS to you on maintaining, girl! I guess the boot camp classes are helping with that, but really, anyone who plans on losing weight on vacation is just nuts in my book. Yay on the new running shoes. And thanks for sharing in my excitement over finding my ring. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Mike, wow, you are amazingly dedicated when you drag yourself to the gym so late at night! Hats off to you, my friend! I bought some NM just a couple weeks ago and mine is the same yummy quality as always. I wonder what happened to yours. Maybe it WAS the oil being rancit. I did have some veggie oil that I use for the grandkids pancakes that was old and, come to think of it, those pancakes also had sort of a fishy taste to them. I wonder if you email NM if they'll send you a coupon for a free jar.

Darlene, sorry you weren't feeling good yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed the Merry Christmas picture greeting. You are so sweet to be so happy for me over finding my ring--after having gotten to know you a little, I'm not surprised at all that your heart skipped at the news. It's great to hear that just popping in on our thread over the holidays helped keep you mindful of your eating. It certainly is rewarding when our guests compliment our food and don't leave behind a lot of leftovers. Your boxing day gathering sounded wonderful. Aw, so nice of you to take the cookies and chocolates to the police and fire stations. And I hope you can get recovered and totally refreshed in time for your New Year celebration.

Tori in the skinnier jeans, I hope your day wound up as on track as you were when you posted yesterday. You sounded as if you knew you could do it.

mhibdon, good job yesterday. Your extra run today will help make up for that half panini. You're very welcome for the info on potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus sources. Only took me a few minutes to gather it. Sometimes people overreact because they care so much, but I can understand your being insulted when friends don't think you have enough sense to take proper care of your body's nutrition needs. You did the right thing in sitting down with them to explain that you do. Aw, sorry your jogging partner didn't show. Enjoy your planned food and your jogging alone.

Main80, I hope your cake is gone now. I totally understand, though--that's tough for me to resist, too. I couldn't resist the German chocolate cake I made for DH's birthday Christmas Day, either. Just focus on trying to do controlled cheats for the rest of your family events. Like my doctor told me, we don't have to be perfect--just better than we USED to be. Thanks so much for sharing in the joy of my ring turning up--it really enhances MY joy to be able to share the excitement.

Quinn, could a lot of your regain be from extra sodium? I was only 45 calories and .2g carbs over yesterday and I'm up two pounds on the scale today--but I ate a lot of leftover ham yesterday. OMG, you had to prepare all the menus for 4 straight days with birthdays mixed in! You deserve a MEDAL for being up ONLY 5-7 lbs. You are very wise to have really simple goals to wind down from the holiday foods. Enjoy the yummy leftovers--I know you'll use wise judgement in cutting back on portions.

fit4luv, well done on your goals both Monday and Tuesday!

Susie, congrats on doing so well this week. Making the decision to take good care of yourself this way is a giant step in your journey to better health and fitness. Some of us are really yacky and have more time to spend posting replies to our other members. Some of us have very little time and offer just general support to the group as a whole, and that's just fine, too. We're just glad you joined us.

Torre, thanks so much for your pep talk to those of us who are struggling with motivation. You are right, it's just one week, and the new year will give many of us a jumpstart with renewed dedication to improving our health and fitness. So nice to hear that you have been inspired by this group. Wow, you are rocking your food and fitness goals so far this week. Congrats to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 12-28-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

April great start this week and you're already down 1.4 lbs. Way to go! Great job on making last night better than the weekend. Special kudos on your exercise, and heck yeah, I'd count the 3 minutes, too. I had the same experience last night with being so tired--I didn't do all the exercise I had planned and literally could not do some of it because I was exhausted. But I just counted it as green because I gave it my truly best effort--and one can't expect more of herself/himself than that.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, "car stealership." LOL I hope you are able to get a great deal--and then show us a picture of your new wheels.
Sorry that it's taken me so long to get back to you.

She had her heart set on blue, but in the end she has fallen in love with the silver.

Don't mind the corolla in the back ground, that's the Pimp's G-Ride. I feel like she can run me over now.

You can't tell in the pic but with the front seats way back, there is just as much room in the back as the front. This thing is HUGE!

Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

April great start this week and you're already down 1.4 lbs. Way to go! Great job on making last night better than the weekend. Special kudos on your exercise, and heck yeah, I'd count the 3 minutes, too. I had the same experience last night with being so tired--I didn't do all the exercise I had planned and literally could not do some of it because I was exhausted. But I just counted it as green because I gave it my truly best effort--and one can't expect more of herself/himself than that.
Absolutely! You give it your all...you get green! Mine was all that I planned. It took a little longer than when I was doing it every day but I still did every exercise. I just think I took time for a breath a time or two more than I usually did because I was usually at about 55mins for the whole session. So 8 more minutes. I still count them all because even though I was taking a quick breather, my heart rate was still up.

Does anyone know what your heartrate should be when you are exercising? I know it would be a general answer as everyone is different but in general does anyone know?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Nice truck Mike! I definitely see an awesome bike in your future!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

I fell like I've taken off of work for almost all of December. First I was out sick, then didn't go in much Christmas week, and haven't really returned but to check a few things. I guess I need to get from in front of this screen, get dressed and go show my face at the office.

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike Nice job you are my hero today I haven’t done anything other than clean house and eat crap again.

Goodnight everyone.

Goals:
Walk 15k: 0, 0
Exercise 4 days: 0, 0
Squats 4 days: 0, 0
Ab work 4 days: 0, 0
Calories less than 1400 T-S: M=2104, T= 1589
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -60, T= -431
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days:
Eating crap? Don't forget to brush and floss! Whoa, that's a lot of red, you can turn it around today!! If you do an exercise routine and through in squats and abs, you'll kill 3 birds with one stone. If you walk to and from the gym, you'll kill 4.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm in, albeit late! Had a wonderful Christmas and ate WAY too much. I'd say I'm probably up 5-7 lbs. by the way my clothes fit, but won't be getting on the scale until next week.

It's tough when you're the one preparing all of the menus for 4 straight days, because you make everything that sounds good to you. (Plus have all of the left-overs!) We had the double whammy of having birthdays mixed in, as well.

Husband will be returning to work tomorrow, which will help me greatly get back on track. It seems when one flies off track, the other gladly follows. I probably won't be posting any goals this week, other than to cut way back on my portions and slowly resume healthy habits. My fridge is full of left-overs, and I'm not the type that can waste anything, so I'll just cut my portions way back. Luckily, the sweets are pretty much gone (or given away) which is my weakness.

This is the first time I've had my laptop on since the 24th so I have LOTS of catching up to do! Catching up on my emails is going to take some time!

Catch you all tomorrow!
Quinn, I'll be glad to help out... send me whatever sweets are left! I'm glad you're back with us.

Originally Posted by fit4luv
I'll comment later.

FIT 3-wk Challenge: FUN*FIBER*FEET
WEEK [Mon-Sun] #1 #2 #3 ~~~12/26, 27~~~

(1) Focus ~ FUN - 1 non-food treat daily *Y, Y*

(2) Intake ~ FIBER 20 gm daily *Y, Y*

(3) Train ~ FEET - Pedometer wkly - 20 mi (6 mi Aerobic)*Total=7.02 mi (1.22 mi Aerobic)*
Great job. You are knocking it out the park! Looks like you'll finish the week as strong as you started it.

Originally Posted by quietjoyful1
Wow....what a wonderful and active group! Thank you all so much for the welcome.

My goals for this first week:

1. Journal foods, no more than 1600 cal/day.
2. Exercise or activity every day.
3. Mindful eating: no eating at computer or TV.

So far...............so good! I feel so much better having made the decision to take care of myself in this way.

I am looking forward to getting to know you folks and be able to offer support as well as receive. Thank you!

Susie
Welcome aboard Susie. Don't believe anything they tell you about me. It may be true but you shouldn't believe it.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Wednesday Morning Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: Last cheat day, 1/2 ABC Panini , I HAVE A PLAN AND I’M GOING TO EAT IT
2. 3 L: 2, Yes
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, No, Yes
4. Move: Yes, Yes, Gonna go as soon as the ice melts from the windows…

Rough start to the morning: 5AM wake up to meet jogging partner… he was a no show & the neighborhoods aren’t safe to jog alone. So I’m waiting for the sun to make everything magically better. Then I WILL get my run and I will enjoy it, damnit.

Mike: So, how’d those front squats go?
Neighborhoods aren't safe? What about bringing Stegosaurus? Squats went great. Still not using a lot of weight, but my form is PERFECT. I'm going at least to parallel, sometimes deeper. I had a couple guys compliment me last week on my form at the gym. There was some young kid before me squatting 450-500. After he finished I nearly had to empty the bar but the guys were telling me that the kid should watch me and learn a thing or two. He was doing 1/4 squats at best. If he went down 3 inches, it was a lot.

Tuesday Report:

Calorie limit 1600 1528, ALMOST green at 1645
Carbs less fiber limit 25g per day 26.2g, calling it green at 25.2g
Fiber 25g per day 39g 17g
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 206mg, 352mg
Veggies 5 servings per day YES YES
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories per day 14, 8%

Water 48 ounces per day YES YES
Vitamin D, fish oil, and green tea YES YES
Exercise 5 days YES YES
Sugar free chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1
Artificial sweetener 2 packets per day 0, went crazy at 8 or 9

Something wonderful: didn't have to cook dinner yesterday--we all fended for ourselves.
More green than red, great job Mern! Keep it up.

Originally Posted by edahlt

Mike--that's some seriously impressive motivation you have! Nicely done!

And yesterday's wrap-up!
GOALS for the week:
1) 100+ oz of water (or tea) daily: 155!
2) Gym Tues-Sat: Y
3) 1200 calorie limit daily: 1064 ...and the last three hundred or so I had to just talk myself into eating. I really had no appetite yesterday. =/
4) 7000 calorie deficit this week: -1252
5) Some kind of ab workout every day: Broke out the old exercise ball.

Non-Weight-Goals
1) Pack most things BEFORE the weekend: not yet
2) Thorough clean of my room BEFORE the weekend: not yet
3) Spend time with a friend or family member every day before I leave: Y
4) Read at least 50 pages daily. N
Thanks, I had my music blasting in my ears to get me through. Nice job on your goals. Have you ever done pushups with a big stability ball? With your hands on the ball it is tough!

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey folks!

I hope you all have been having a wonderful holiday season! I've just been lolling about in Florida - still here, will be through next Wednesday. I've not been logging food or counting calories this week... or last week. Good news is I haven't gained any weight, but of course I haven't lost any either. I'm okay with that. I don't really feel badly about it, I guess I sort of figured it would happen while on vacation - you know, like I planned on not planning for a couple weeks. My sister has been dragging me to her boot camp classes, which have been a crazy workout.

I got a new pair of running shoes for Christmas - I asked for them, so you know I love them! Can't wait to try them out when I get home.
What part of Florida? I love Florida, I try to make it there once or twice a summer. Congrats on the running shoes.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

damn I lost the rest of my replies.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
damn I lost the rest of my replies.

Yeah and now I feel left out.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Yeah and now I feel left out.
Sorry. Thanks and I hope I get my bike soon.

Keeping it real, b/c I ain't scared to show my face when I'm not doing well. I'm back up to 183.0.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Nice truck! I like silver... it's the same color as my SUV! I usually bought black with lots of chrome, but I have to admit, silver is much easier to keep clean- especially with the mass quantities of road salt that they use around here. Glad to read that the ring was a hit. A truck is definitely cheaper than a marriage proposal!

Have to run into town to stock up on fruits and veggies. Talk to you all later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.