Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-22-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: Haha yeah, it tastes just like delicious dirt! You just gotta try it to know what I’m talking about! It’s wonderful! Kind of like that first bite of a moist, heavy, dark chocolate cake…. But it is potassium filled water instead! Got my gallon jug again today! It is game day here in Tiger Town, but I’m watching the game at home with one of my roommates, who is also one of my sorority sisters, to keep from straining myself. Attending games in the sun, standing, dancing, and cheering takes a lot out of you! Also- about your headache- I know that I tend to get killer headaches when I’m dehydrated, oh oh oh! I love neon things! Especially neon gear!!

Mike: Congrats on finishing your walk! I’ll research some cute compression socks for you! At the Rev3 tri, I kept seeing these hot pink knee-highs on everyone! I’m sure that you’d love them, or would at least love to learn about the technology behind them!

Quin: I’m sure that you can do it! Maybe you need to up your water and/or exercise? Or at least change up your exercise? I’ve heard about muscles acclimating to what you’re doing and then burning less than they did when the exercise was new. Maybe you just need some muscle confusion in your life? Also, who doesn’t apply lipstick at 80mph? I remember going 100 mph and & getting dressed for Catholic school at the same time, haha, crazy times.

Luckygirl: WAY TO GO ON THE SCALE!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I know what you're saying about the content of the calories. On the same number of calories I can gain weight at over 30g net carbs or lose weight at a high fat content.

mhibdon, if I see it and the carbs are low enough, I might get it just to see if it really does taste like dirt. I thought you'd gone nuts at first, but DH thinks mushrooms taste like dirt and I love them, so maybe I would like the coconut water after all. I could always water a plant with it if I didn't like it. LOL My sinus headaches primarily come from seasonal allergies, but I have for sure gotten them in the past from being dehydrated. My live-in GD gets dehydration migraine headaches. I hope you have a great game day. Yeah, neon rocks!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch M: 1-3/4mile, T: 1-1/2mile, W: 1-1/2mile, TH: 3/4mile (started to rain),F: raining, Sat: walked dogs to get mail (only a few blocks)
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off) M/T: N/A, W: 50min, Th: 40min, F: Day off, Sat: 50min,
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, Sat: No,
5. No added salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: didn't have any!, F: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys M: Done!
2. Mail ^ dentist forms T: Done!
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys M: Done!
4. Mail ^ insurance forms T: Done!
5. Fold laundry M: 4 loads, T: 2 loads, W: none to fold, Th: none to fold, Th: none to fold, F: none to fold, Sat: Yes,
6. Lotion on feet M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond T: spent 1/2 hr,
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend Sat: some,

Should have put down bake apple pies and watch movie for my Sat goals because so far that is what I have done. Cleaning is about to start so I marked some on that goal. I am following this up with home made potato soup to be started in about an hour. It is delicious! I can hardly ever make enough to have much left over with these boys and the hubby.

Sorry i don't have time for personal replies today. Just wanted to get on and update my goals and report that the scale said 278.8 this morning putting me at 40 BMI on the dot. Any loss at all now will put me in the obese category. Woohoo!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

April, you've done great this week! Congrats on all that green in your report! Way to go! Wow, hearty congrats on your loss! My BMI is close to yours--down from 40.8 in May to 38.4 in September. I wanted the weekend free of housework so yesterday let my 10 year old granddaughter earn some extra spending money by helping me clean the three rooms on the main floor. All I did today was go out for breakfast, transport my live-in granddaughter, watched a little TV, messed around on the computer and made myself a chicken sandwich.

Cassie, DH decided he didn't want pork chops I mentioned to you in today's thread about logging on problems, so I got out of cooking. I just had a chicken sandwich on a low carb tortilla. He fixed himself a salad and canned tuna. I suggested he clean up after himself in the kitchen and I cleaned up after myself. Laziest day I've had in a long time.

Last edited by Mern; 10-22-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, ditto on not sweating the Nyquil - if it helps you sleep, you will be able to work out and eat healthy again! Otherwise, next time you can get the Nyquil caplets with benadryl inside instead of syrup.

Terri, nice job tracking so many concrete goals!

Quinn, I love foccaccia and am in a carb/sweets craving phase now ;P. What's quick rising yeast?

Wildbean, nice job on goals! Hooray!

Canary Hope, good for you joining the gym. First step!

mhibdon, great idea on the dumbells. I do that 1x or 2x a week for about 20 min as well on week nights. maybe i'll try to get a book with suggested moves out of the library, esp b/c now my lower back of hip is hurting by the end of each day.

I trotted 3 mi today for the first time in a week! I will try again tomorrow!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hey guys- guess what: I AM 4lbs FROM A HEALTHY BMI!!!!
BOOYAH!!!!!

I'm so gonna get some new, neon, running gear once I hit that!

Daily Goals for 10/17-10/24
1. Drink 3L: Yes, No, No, No, 3.78!!!2-ish
2. Walk Stegosaurus 3 miles: Yes, 2, 1 Yes, 1, Yes,
3: 200 Situps: Yes, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0
(I think that this goal will have to wait until I can be horizontal and breath.)
4: Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
5: Stretch TWICE: Yes, Yes, No, 1/2, No, No

Last edited by mhibdon; 10-23-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Well besides the 5k and going to the gym, today was bad. I ate like crap! I did get arond to carving my "Jack"-o-lantern. I did Jack from The Shining. I'll post up pics in a bit.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink 8 glasses of H2O daily : 6, 6, 7, 8,8,8
2) join new gym: M&T: not yet!!!! today maybe??? got free passes for family for 1 week and I will join, N,Yes went and joined, went to gym 2nd day
3) stretch: N, N, N, N,Y, Y
4) no or low sugar: Yes, alittle an it made me feel yucky, Y but too many carbs, too much food, Y, too much food but no sugar, Y
5) write 1 hour 4x a week (low balling it just to get back): class both days, some writing, tried , a little shut down from class, took a break 2 dyas to regroup
6) call Armand: N, N, N, N (but made other important calls, N, N
7) stop obsessing over colleges for DD: M&T a bit not too much, helped her with stuff, Y,Y, Y
8) get new sneakers: N, N, N, N, N, Yes and they feel soooo good! Got 2 pairs plus new shoes because the tootsies were hurting and they are now thanking me!!!

Random thoughts:

Would love to try that focaccia but fear recipes with yeast as I am worried I will miss them up.

Wondering what's up with Joanna and the insulin

Hey Main 80 thanks for the acknowledgement!

Mike, can't wait to see your Jack!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, can't wait to see your Jack!!!
I need to clean it up some to bring out more detail but this is it for now.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: No,
2. Walk on lunch M: 1-3/4mile, T: 1-1/2mile, W: 1-1/2mile, TH: 3/4mile (started to rain),F: raining, Sat: walked dogs to get mail (only a few blocks)
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off) M/T: N/A, W: 50min, Th: 40min, F: Day off, Sat: 50min, Sun: 50min .... Total of 190min (3hrs10min) this week!!
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: No, Sat: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: didn't have any!, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys M: Done!
2. Mail ^ dentist forms T: Done!
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys M: Done!
4. Mail ^ insurance forms T: Done!
5. Fold laundry M: 4 loads, T: 2 loads, W: none to fold, Th: none to fold, Th: none to fold, F: none to fold, Sat: Yes,
6. Lotion on feet M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond T: spent 1/2 hr,
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend Sat: some,

I can mark yes on the mindless eating goal only because it wasn't like I spent the day munching without realizing it. My only problem was the HUGE piece of apple pie topped with cool whip that I ate. Ugh! I so knew I was doing it. I cut the pie and served it. I just wanted it so bad. As I was finishing it though, I felt horrible. My belly was too full and it took away all the enjoyment. So I am fairly sure that I won't do that again. At least not soon. One thing though, I used to eat that much and go back for some more and I know I won't be doing that again. I got the housework about half way done and am getting ready to finish that so once the sun comes out and burns off the dense fog we have I can get some stuff done outside. I am hoping to burn that pie off. I know I will probably have another piece tonight. Just a 'normal' size piece though. And I will savor every bite because it is delicious.

Hope ... Good for you on getting out to the gym!

Mike ... I love your pumpkin. Honestly looking at the bright picture I couldn't see the design really but lit up! OMG it's awesome! I didn't carve any this year but a few years ago I did a boxer pumpkin. I'll see if I can find the pic if you wanna see it.

Mern ... After all the running you do all week you deserved a day of rest. Good for you for having a little helper yesterday!

Well I'm off to do my housework, I have left to sweep the kitchen & laundry room, clean the bathroom in the laundry room, dust the kitchen & family room levels of the house, mop all linoleums and vaccuum the whole house (that alone takes like 45 mins) including steps. So I will be burning those calories up hopefully!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.