Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Good: ran 3 mi today. Was also on my feet for 4 hours (singing at church, grocery shopping, putting away, cooking, dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, packing lunches) which makes up for

Bad: ate waaaayyyy too much today and it's only 4:15 pm! oh well, i'll just try to have a light dinner.

Other: this time of year i find myself getting restless/lonesome/bored, probably from shorter days? Even though I have plenty "to do" I still feel bored and in a rut and not wanting to do anything.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Other: this time of year i find myself getting restless/lonesome/bored, probably from shorter days? Even though I have plenty "to do" I still feel bored and in a rut and not wanting to do anything.
Yeah me too. Bored and restless terrible combo.

Onthe other hand, I love the Cousin It outfit. That cheered me up a bit.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Yeah me too. Bored and restless terrible combo.

Onthe other hand, I love the Cousin It outfit. That cheered me up a bit.
Every year, I dress up to pass out candy. I'm usually a cow, complete with udders and a cow hat. This year, I think I might do the Cousin It outfit. I have a black cat outfit with ears and a tail too, which would be hysterical since I have a black cat. lol I know... I'm nuts... that's OK... it's the only thing that gets me through the week! LOL

Besides, it embarrasses the heck out of my kids, making it SO worth while!!! I might get my husband to dress up like a woman this year, which would probably send my kids off the deep end! With heels, he'd be like 6' 7". LOL

Last edited by quinnesec; 10-23-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Just poking my head in; I still have to log in through a back door, but changing the profile back to Classic seems to work okay now, thanks, Mike.

Yesterday was crazy and my goal for eating well and clean went out the window with the tournament and the travel, but I've been good as gold today. As much as got left undone this weekend, I'm glad it's almost Monday so hopefully I can get back on a good track. I was out more than I was home, and of course when you're an hour away from home, it's 6:30, and your kid has just played his heart out for two hours, you're going out to eat...well, his favorite Italian it was and that was simply unfortunate. I did whole wheat pasta with marinara, but there was white bread involved and I think altogether that and the fresh air made some malted milk balls jump into my basket when I stopped for milk at 9 PM, and, well, there you go. Another night spent on the road to perdition.

Quinn, I've had a sweater dress in mind this year, too; I keep looking, but it's hard to find one for the vertically challenged that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I hope you enjoy yours, though, and I know you will totally rock it.

Hope, hang in there, baby, you can do it. Forgive the transgressions and move on; what choice do you have, really? Give up? Not an option. Start with us tomorrow with some manageable goals and we'll all get back on track together.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning...gotta get one report half-written and another one proofed and two more loads of laundry done before I can crash. Hope you all had a good weekend .
Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, for those of you who were talking about Rocky Horror earlier...in our paper today, I saw a blurb for the Rocky Horror Puppet Show in Atlanta somewhere...just picturing it had me in hysterics!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, are you watching the Saints slaughter fest?
Old 10-23-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Just popping in for a quick review of the day before I start prepping for tomorrow:

Had a lovely hike with my brothers! It was a nice, easy trail leading up to a waterfall.
Then had to race to get ready for the frat Pledge Chapter like lightning. I GOT THE LITTLE THAT I WANT!! Now I just need to figure out some cute gifts and such to shower them with!!

One of my brothers bought me a subway sub while I was working on pledge interviews and I feel like I am soooo paying for it now. When will I learn my lesson about fastfood meatballs?!

Then went to Phi Sigma Pi Chapter where I was told that I was "lookin' top dog" by one of my female frat bros who was dressed pretty cute, so I'm going to assume that she meant I was dressed cute as well? Haha, I have no idea! I hope so!

Here is an image of me "lookin' top dog." Because I'm fancy.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....CvMo5FwqkXE%3D

Only bad part about today was that I was, yet again, told that I was "too young & too thin" for someone. I appreciate that there are people who like women of all shapes and sizes, I just wish I'd know in advance so that I could just stop propositioning those that don't like girls of my body type (which is muscular).

Daily Goals for 10/17-10/24
1. Drink 3L: Yes, No, No, No, 3.78!!!2-ish, 1
2. Walk Stegosaurus 3 miles: Yes, 2, 1 Yes, 1, Yes, 1
3: 200 Situps: Yes, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
(I think that this goal will have to wait until I can be horizontal and breath.)
4: Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
5: Stretch TWICE: Yes, Yes, No, 1/2, No, No, No

Daily Goals for 10/24 – 10/31
1. Drink 3L:
2. Walk Steg 3mi:
3. Stretch Twice:
3. 100 Situps:
5. Take Vitamin:

Last edited by mhibdon; 10-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone I have not been able to log on to fitday for 2 days I am using beta and it’s got some issues right now. My hubby just got me on using an old history so I got my food entered, I have been pen and papering it all weekend. I am on day two of my antibiotics so hopefully by tomorrow my head won’t feel like it wants to explode and I can get some exercise in. I haven’t gone back and read everyone’s posts being on the computer does not help my headache, I hope everyone is well and you all had a good weekend. Talk to you all Monday.

Goals
Do not talk diet with family: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y,F=Y,S=Y,S=Y
Exercise daily: M=Circuit training, T= Circuit training, W=Hike, T=N,F=N,S=N,S=walk
Squats daily: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N,F=N,S=N,S=N
Ab work daily: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N,F=N,S=N,S=N
Calories less than 1400: M= 1372, T=1282, W=1336, T=1516,F=1292,S=1059,S=1271
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-854, T= -737, W=-989, T=-305, F=-487,S=-720,S=-731 = -4823
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=N, W=,Y, T=N,F=N,S=N,S=Y
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
d I know you will totally rock it.

Hope, hang in there, baby, you can do it. Forgive the transgressions and move on; what choice do you have, really? Give up? Not an option. Start with us tomorrow with some manageable goals and we'll all get back on track together.
Thank you so much. I am not so much bored as depressed. But taking a walk inthe mountains with a friend helped as did putting up Halloween decorations with DH. He was dressed as a witch complete with wig and I was dressed as Paris Hilton during her jailbird phase, an old costume of DD's: an orange jail jumpsuit, a ratty blonde wig, a pair of handcuffs and a small fake dog in a purse.

That cheered me up, that and the vision of a 6'7 "woman" married to a "cow."
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink 8 glasses of H2O daily : 6, 6, 7, 8,8,8, 9 booyah
2) join new gym: M&T: not yet!!!! today maybe??? got free passes for family for 1 week and I will join, N,Yes went and joined, went to gym 2nd day, gyma and long walk in mountains, yay
3) stretch: N, N, N, N,Y, Y, Y
4) no or low sugar: Yes, alittle an it made me feel yucky, Y but too many carbs, too much food, Y, too much food but no sugar, Y, Y low carb and low sugar
5) write 1 hour 4x a week (low balling it just to get back): class both days, some writing, tried , a little shut down from class, took a break 2 dyas to regroup, N
6) call Armand: N, N, N, N (but made other important calls, N, N, N
7) stop obsessing over colleges for DD: M&T a bit not too much, helped her with stuff, Y,Y, Y, Y
8) get new sneakers: N, N, N, N, N, Yes and they feel soooo good! Got 2 pairs plus new shoes because the tootsies were hurting and they are now thanking me!!! Might return the Shape Ups and get another pair of the New Balance, not sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.