Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-23-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Better than your ashes being put "in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls' porch." Remember that line from Rowan and Martin's TV show Laugh-In? Or am I showing my age?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm not holding my breath... my kids have already told me that when I die, they are going to have me cremated and bury me in a margarine container to save money. lol
Sorry but that's too funny!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not holding my breath... my kids have already told me that when I die, they are going to have me cremated and bury me in a margarine container to save money. lol
At least they aren't thinking of cremating you in a backyard bonfire.

I think I would insist that they put me in a Chock Full O' Nuts coffee can and huff my pile of ash to the top of Mt. Everest.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie,

I had "daughterly duties" as well today... appointments, shopping, etc. Had to dig deep to find my patience at times. Someone once told me that elderly people are a lot like 3 year olds; they have no patience and are not aware that some of the things that they say are entirely inappropriate, which is what I ran into today. I find myself increasingly having to apologize for things that my mom says to others and keep my mouth shut when her "observations" are directed toward me. I have to keep telling myself that it's not worth defending myself and to let the comments go. But at times, a good, hearty primal scream would feel pretty darn great. lol
I still say run around and moo. It's good for the soul.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

I'm getting to the point where I no longer get frustrated, angry or hurt... I just start to laugh... does that mean that I'm heading into insanity?? lol
Old 08-23-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everybody, you are all making me laugh quite a bit this morning.

wildbeanerz, I soooo wished you lived closer because I could bring you a truck load of giant zuccini. I like it, but we planted 5 hills of it, and I've had to eat it pretty much every day since mid-July, and even that isn't making a dent in the amount we have. I can only eat so much at a time, it gives me really nasty gas if I go the least bit overboard. I'm going to shred some to put in the freezer, so I can make zuccini bread or muffins this winter, it's also nice to toss into soup to make it a bit thicker.

Mike, you let a 14 yo take rum cake to school for breakfast? Good grief man, so what are you going to tell CPS when they arrive? Now admittedly I've given the kids the odd breakfast here and there, but not alcohol first thing in the morning. Although I'm not too young to eat rum cake for breakfast, the idea certainly has merit...

Quinn & Lizards, MOO, I'm telling you it's theraputic. Instead of a pillow over her head my mom has a "Dammit Doll". She's a rather ugly little rag doll looking thing, with a poem pinned to her chest, the poem is hilarious and explains how when you are stressed you can hold her by the legs, imagine the face of whoever is making you crazy on her blank head and then bash her against whatever surface is nearby and scream "DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT". I've seen my mother use it more than once. I believe it was a gift from her mother? It's got a bit of weight to it, and makes something of a crunching noise, so it's really rather satisfying. Personally I'm looking forward to being a little old lady, that's when the muffler that I currently keep over my mouth can come off and I can speak my mind freely. Yes indeed, part of me can't wait.

Mern, congrats on heading back to the Y, with GD in tow. I'm so glad that it's working out for you. I used to spend a couple of weeks every summer with my grandparents, and I still treasure those memories. When I was in college, I used to have sleepovers with them, sometimes to have a quiet place to study and catch up on sleep and laundry, other times just to get away from campus. Okay who am I kidding, I always took advantage of the free washer/dryer. I'm a firm believer in the grandparent/grandchild relationship, it's a very important bond, so enjoy it while you have the opportunity.

mtlgirl welcome back to the States. I'm so jealous of your trip to Scotland, ROFLOL over your description of fish & chips, and the fact that while you were on a rather scary boat ride you were looping the theme of Gilligan's Island in your head. That is totally something I would do! My dad's family is 100% Irish, and we've been over there before, but it's been years and years since I've been there. Nobody offered me any beer on that last visit.... I think I was 4 or 5. It's well past time to head back, but I seriously doubt DH will be willing. He's such a tightwad lately. Ugh.

Brandismom, thanks for the link. I do think obesity is gaining acceptability. There are a couple of girls on the swim team that are quite heavy, certainly heavier than I was as a teenager (and I was considered a fat girl). They are very popular with the boys and not because they have "reputations", they are just nice girls and the boys cluster around them. And I hate to say this but the boys on the swim team don't have a single ounce of fat between them, in fact they are all ripped to the rafters especially the ones that have been on the team a few seasons. I'm not being any sort of pervert here, for God sake they wear teeny tiny Speedos, you'd have to be blind not to notice. I'm in the same park as Cassie I can't decide if I want to embrace Big Sexy or be repulsed by it. I think I'm more apt to follow a show like the Biggest Loser or Mike & Molly. I like the Mike & Molly show, they are engaging characters, but they at least are not embracing their body type as "good". A few years ago both Levi and Dove both had ad campaigns where the women were actually just regular people, not super models. Now to me that was a great approach, the women weren't all size 2's and I could picture myself as a part of that segment of the population. Now if only one of the swimsuit manufacturers would embrace the average woman.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-23-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
"Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
I love this quote, thank you so much for sharing. Canada certainly lost a great man.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

I'm getting to the point where I no longer get frustrated, angry or hurt... I just start to laugh... does that mean that I'm heading into insanity?? lol
I don't know, that's Cassie's area. My husband's grandmother got really insulting the last 3-4 years of her life; at family gatherings I had to bear the brunt of it too. So I just left the room when she got on a roll. It might have been much better if I could have laughed about it. I'd say you're probably preserving your sanity rather than losing it.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

The pillow tied to your head driving down the road!!!!!!BWAHAHAHAHAAH

Needed that since i Have been on phone wrangling with AT&T issues all morning and we all know WHAT FUN "customer service" (really, they actually call themselves that stilL?????) can be!!!!!

Off to FINALLY meditate at 11 a.m. east coast time. GRRR.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I didn't find out until after, she was out the door at 6:30am, I was still sleeping. I didn't even think that she liked rum cake. I had eaten some at like 2 & 3 am and thought when I got up that the pics that was missing was bigger than I thought. I just assumed that I ate a little more than I had thought.

Cassie, I understand the insurance situation. I hope you didn't feel like you had to explain yourself to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.