Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

brandismom, thanks for the list of things you love about weight loss! It is such a positive way to look at this. Good for you! And it's pretty inspiring. I think maybe we should all list the things we love about losing weight.

Mike, you are hilarious! I loved reading about your cheat day. It really made me feel better about my cheat weekend! So, when is your weigh in? I can safely guess that I won't be losing 2 pounds this week but I am on again for next week!!! And this time I will do it!

April, good luck with your Boxer puppy! When I got my dog neutered, it was like nothing at all happened to him but then again, it's different for the males, just a little snip snip and it's done. I hope Chloe bounces back really quick!

Ann, CONGRATS on being in the 150s!!!

Mern, I am totally impressed that you are getting your cholesterol and triglycerides in check through diet and exercise. You've already lost 37 pounds and you are well on your way to whatever goal weight will feel right for you. I know what you mean about the embarrassment, heartaches and inconveniences of being overweight. I am really hoping that this time I will get to my goal. I so want to have an easier time shopping for clothes, sleep better, and feel more comfortable around people.

Amy, I'm not back in the States yet. I am just back in Bristol where I'll be until the end of October but I was really relieved to get back here. I have heard nothing but good things about Ireland but a few people had warned me about Glasgow. Apparently Edinburgh is where it's at in Scotland. It's pretty amazing that after all these years I know every single line to the Gilligan's Island theme song! Oh and I sure wish you could bring me a truckload of zucchini! I love to marinate and grill it on the BBQ. It is one of my absolute favourite foods!

Joanna, welcome back! Good luck with school!!! And thanks so much for the motivation!

Hope, Amy, the Jack Layton quotes were already printed out on posters in Canada where several candlelight vigils were held in his honour. I don't think I have ever been this upset about a famous person dying before. It's just that he was such a beacon of hope in the otherwise murky world of politics and he died the way my dad died, at home, with his wife and kids around him. I guess it hit home for me. But I am happy you are equally inspired by his words. xo
Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Did anyone feel the earthquake today?
Not me, I'm too far South. The only thing that I felt shake today was my gut.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

We felt it here in Pennsylvania.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, thanks for reminding me, I need to post up the pic of my scale and my goal graph. Well I weighed in yesterday at 171.6, so my graph took an upswing. Final weigh in will be the 29th.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Rose, thanks for reminding me, I need to post up the pic of my scale and my goal graph. Well I weighed in yesterday at 171.6, so my graph took an upswing. Final weigh in will be the 29th.
That's a funny coincidence. I weighed in today and also had an upswing of one pound!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
That's a funny coincidence. I weighed in today and also had an upswing of one pound!
My upswing was self inflicted.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

I think I'm going to get one of these for fridge and something like it for the pantry:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Refrigerator Door Lock

I've been mindlessly eating today. Literally realized I had my hand going to my mouth on the THIRD reach into the Pepitas I use to top my salads. That is MINDLESS (and I can directly correlate it to being at my desk and frustrated by business!).
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys, I’m back.
I don’t have internet at home at the moment, but decided it was worth using the net at work to visit you all.
Been off-wagon for quite a while, not gaining, but not losing either. I can only use the “I’m still settling into the new place!” excuse for so long before it gets old.

I’m gonna put some stuff here in white, because it’s kinda personal and quite probably TMI, but it’s really, really changed a lot of things for me, but Mike, if you think it’s not suitable for the forum just delete it.

Before I start, just want to say that I don’t wanna start a debate, or take over the thread or anything, cause this can be a touchy subject for some people.
I’ve been struggling with years to work out who I am, and what I want in life, and I’ve been doing some research online, and realized that I’m an asexual bi-romantic.
What that means is basically I have no desire for sex whatsoever, but would like to be in a romantic relationship with either a male or female.
It’s pretty much flipped a switch for me. I haven’t been this happy in I don’t know how long. I had – Woohoo had! – a phobia of being touched by males, even in a non-intimate way, which caused issues with people in my life who took it personally. It’s really hard to make a person realize, no, really, it’s not you, it really is me.
Suddenly I don’t have this fear anymore, and I feel like a totally different person. I’m sure the euphoria of finding this out will fade, but for now I feel sure of myself and confident for the first time ever. Like, I know who I am. I’m not normally a fan of labels, but doing this research has been the best thing to happen to me.
I think the hardest part now will be finding a person that will want to be with an asexual, but you know what? I don’t really mind, now that I know that there’s nothing wrong with me (I used to think I was the only person in the world that didn’t want sex, and felt hopeless because of that), I’m keen to get out there, be who I am and whatever happens, happens.
For those that are wondering, about 1% of people in the world are asexual, so it’s not as hopeless as I once thought it was.

And because of that, I’m now back on the wagon, even though I’m totally broke for a few weeks so I can’t buy any healthy food, I’ll have to settle for what’s in the fridge/freezer/cupboard for now, but this flipped switch is amazing, now I know who I am, I want to be the best Laura I can, and the first step is looking after me.

On that note, here are my goals, keeping it way simple for now;
  • 5 bottles of water a day.
  • 30mins exercise a day.
  • Limit food.
  • Cut back smokes.
  • Keep the house clean.

So that’s where I’m at, look forward to going back through posts and catching up with you all, hope you’re all doing well, and really hope I didn’t offend anyone with what I’ve shared.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Alright ladies, it's time for me to face the music and hope I can pull a rabbit out my hat before Next Monday!

BTW don't mind the scratches on my feet. I got attacked by ants when working in the garden. I woke up during the night scratching.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no
2) 3000 calories deficient in 6 days (log food for those 6 days):too many
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 0
6) gallon of water a day: no
7) work out 3 times: no
9) daily:
fish oil yes
vitamin yes
floss yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (maybe 1)
11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.