Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

This thread has been so active this week that I'm not sure if I caught all the posts to which I should respond, either. If someone was expecting an answer from me that she/he didn't get, please let me know. Otherwise I offer my standard, but sincere "kudos to all who are doing well and big hugs to those who are struggling."

Cassie, thanks. I doubt it made any difference in the blood sugar results because it was an 8 hour fasting blood test anyway, but I had a very low carb Wednesday more as a discipline (not a punishment) to learn to pay closer attention to my running totals on carbs throughout the day. Bloodwork went fine, thanks. I hope you have a great weekend and feel back on track and more encouraged by the start of next week. My heart goes out to you--I so wish I could be of help.

Laura, yeah my green "salad" is tasting mighty fine. (LOL--I didn't get that at first--my mind is slow today. We need a headdesk icon--I'd sure use it a lot. ) Oh, I forgot it's Friday in Australia. I hope you have the whole weekend off work and get lots of rest and fun or pampering--whatever you need most.

OK, I'm giving myself a BIfreakin'DIA award for keeping my cool tonight when being pressured by both live-in GD and DH at the same time for wanting me to stop cooking dinner to problem solve for them--each with different problems that were not emergencies and could wait. My new strategy is to take a deep breath, tell myself to stay composed, smile, and just say calmly, "I'm sorry, but I must finish what I'm doing first, then I'll help you." Yeah, right, that'll last. I'm hoping they'll catch on to the fact that I will not let them nag me into something unless I see that they really do need my immediate, undivided attention.

Last edited by Mern; 08-25-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I'm glad your blood work went fine. I wish I could be a fly on the wall if you ever snap and go off on someone.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mern,...I wish I could be a fly on the wall if you ever snap and go off on someone.
Oh, me too! But I'd also like to see you open a can, Mike .
Old 08-25-2011, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mike. Oh, you want to hear if I really yell WTF when I get mad?
Old 08-25-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I must confess I have blistered a couple people with my tongue. Not proud of that, but I've lost it badly enough a couple times to get caustic.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from my second walk of the day. Had to really drag myself to do it, but I didn't get out last night (rain) and tomorrow night is a Packer game... I have my priorities! I think I'm over my Beer Dip craving for tomorrow, thank goodness. I think for the first time this summer, I had absolutely nothing to do today... it felt totally crazy. I had no idea what to do with myself. The good news is that I didn't eat when I got bored, so I'll call today a win.

1. Calories around 1200. 1193/997/1027/1223
2. Walk nightly, weather permitting. No time tonight/Yes, twice/not yet/Yes, twice
3. 64-96 oz. of water a day. Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
4. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK! Yes/Had a veggie sub for supper/Yes/Yes
5. Grade your food choices for the day... be honest! B/A-/A/A-
Old 08-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, it's not pretty when I lose it, trust me. I wish I could say differently but I'd be lying. There's only a few people that can push me to that point though.

Mern, I'd love to hear you yell it.

Quinn, I'm sure after reading those texts you probably think that it would be comical when I lose it. Trust me, that wasn't loosing it.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
There's only a few people that can push me to that point though.
...or a few feminine hygiene products!

1. Stay below 1300 cals/day. 1244, 1305 (close enough), 1292, 1245
2. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, except for a frozen yogurt, Yes, except for froyo again--band night; had to support!, Mostly; two exceptions
3. Reasonably balance pie chart. It's perfect today!, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat 25 g fiber daily, at least. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise 7 times. Weights & stationary bike, Cardio Tennis, Hiking & Cardio Tennis, 5 miles on trails today
6. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes but forgot calcium, Yes
7. Journal before eating anything that's not a meal. Mostly, Journaled a good bit but not always right before eating, No-too crazy today, Completely forgot but didn't eat anything I didn't have planned
8. Weigh in daily no matter how much it hurts. Yes , Yes, Yes, Yes
9. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
10. Do shoulder & elbow PT exercises. No, Shoulder, yes; can't find the elbow instructions, No, No
11. Get in bed by midnight! No, Yes, No-kid up with stomachache, No

12. Call liability insurance re:canceling policy. Yes
13. Complete 4 additional location forms. 1.5; still working on this...need answers, so at a standstill.
14. Call to have computer fixed. Left message
Old 08-25-2011, 06:31 PM
FitDay Member

Mern. If you give people a whipping with your tongue I think they must deserve it. I am very impressed with your eating out choices, I am just not that strict and unfortunately it shows.

Rose. Sorry you are feeling lonely, i hope you can make a few friends to spend some of your down time with. I worry about my partner who works very hard but doesn't really have any friends where he now lives. One of his co workers calls round occasionally for a
meal but that's about it. My son lives in Glasgow and he loves it although he thinks some of their food choices are gross especially the deep fry everything culture. Edinburgh is a more genteel city and quite grand in places, with the castle on the hill looming over the city and some beautiful old houses.

Quinn. Go Packers.

Now for the bad news- didn't make my goal, only lost 1/2lb this week and I know it was due to the 'butt stuck to sofa' syndrome. It proves to me now that although my cals were good I have reached the point where I have to exercise or I'll not lose.

To anyone who is in the path of Irene, take care and stay safe.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Belated Birthday, Ann! I hope all your birthday wishes come true! xoxo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.