7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 PM
  #81  
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,688
Default

Had another good day food-wise. After a summer where I just couldn't keep my healthy eating habits together, something has finally clicked and I'm much happier with myself now. Going to wait until Friday to get on the scale, but I'm hoping that it won't be too bad. Although my food choices have been poor, my activity level has been very high, so I'm hoping for the best! Walked early this morning because we were supposed to get some nasty storms, but they never amounted to anything.

1. Calories around 1200. 1193/997
2. Walk nightly, weather permitting. No time tonight/Yes
3. 64-96 oz. of water a day. Yes/Yes
4. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK! Yes/Had a veggie sub for supper.
5. Grade your food choices for the day... be honest! B/A-
quinnesec is offline  
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 PM
  #82  
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,688
Default

Hey Mike,

Care to share that Rum Cake recipe? I was thinking it would be nice over the holidays.
quinnesec is offline  
Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 PM
  #83  
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default

Tuesday Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 S-Th, 1,800 F&S. 1,500, 1,800 Darn Subway cookies!
2. 100 oz of water. Y,Y
3. Exercise 7 hours. 70 min, 70 min (total 2:20)
4. Keep carbs to 50% or less. 52%, 52% Subway cookies
5. Keep protein at 25% or higher. 26%, 24%
6. 25 grams of fiber/daily. 41g
7. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -1,222, -841 (total -2,063)

Other goals:

1. Mani-pedi. N,N
2. Take kids BTS shopping. N, Yes and it was HELL!
3. Housework, 30 min daily + 1 load of laundry. Y, N
4. Weed 4 hours in garden. N,N
5. Buy wedding gift. N,N
6. Finish alterations on SIL's dress and Justin's pants. N,N

I did well today in spite of how the calories look. I'm over by a little less than 1 1/2 Subway cookies we got at the mall (Subway cookies are 210-220 calories each!). We stopped to take a break from the shopping, the DD's were flagging, so I got them each a cherry icy and we split 1/2 dozen cookies. Believe me that was a small binge in a place that could have been substantially worse. As we were sitting in the food court it occurred to me that used to go to the mall and I was hard pressed to find anybody larger than me. Today it was the opposite and not because I've lost a bunch of weight, I think if I weighed 244, I still would have been one of the smaller people there today. Has the population just gotten that much bigger lately?

Then we left the mall and went to Wal-Mart where I saw myself, okay not myself, my former self. A lady roughly my age and height, wearing a plain navy T-shirt, loose sweat pants, long hair in a ponytail, with a dress size of approximately a 24. She was BTS shopping with at least 2 DD's. The mom sat down and groaned every time her girls went into the fitting room and groaned again when she had to get up and find them a different size of something. Part of me wanted to make friends with her, the other part of me was rejoicing that I'm no longer just like her. It was all very odd and surreal.

By the time we got home from shopping I knew that there was no way I would be able to survive through the night with the 150 calories I had left. So I ended up making what I'd already planned for dinner, grilled chicken, bruschetta and grilled zuccini. Only instead of serving it separately on a plate I threw a package of whole wheat tortillas on the table and we made wrap sandwiches out of them. The zuccini was a real hit, so I'm going to share my recipe. It's very similar to a marinade I sometimes make for chicken wings, only with a lot less sugar and soy sauce.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-23-2011 at 11:55 PM.
almeeker is offline  
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 PM
  #84  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,225
Default

Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
Hey Mike,

Care to share that Rum Cake recipe? I was thinking it would be nice over the holidays.
PM sent
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 PM
  #85  
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default Zuccini Marinade

Slice 2-4 zuccini squash about 1/4"-1/2" thick. In a bowl or a zip lock bag combine:

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup water
5-6 slices of ginger root or crystalized ginger root
1-2 Tbls brown sugar
1-2 Tbls soy sauce or Worchestershire sauce
a handful of freshly chopped chives or green onion
salt & pepper to taste

Add sliced zuccini and allow to marinate overnight. Grill or broil veggies to taste.
almeeker is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:01 AM
  #86  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
Had another good day food-wise. After a summer where I just couldn't keep my healthy eating habits together, something has finally clicked and I'm much happier with myself now.
Please send it my way...I am still struggling to stay on track and I'm getting a little panicky!

I think right now it's stress over work issues; that and being bored. I'm okay calorie-wise so far today, but I feel like I could crash and burn at any minute. If I could just get a little success under my belt (literally!), I would feel better, but I can't seem to get back into it. I'm kind of at a loss at this point. I haven't felt comfortable in my skin for almost a month now and I wish I could find the motivation I had before to keep up with the good choices.

And I wish I could figure out this fatigue; it's a huge effort to get up and get something from the other room, let alone exercise.

Maybe when hubby gets home I'll have him give me a good shake and that'll take care of it...or at least make me so dizzy I won't think about food.
cjohnson728 is online now  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
  #87  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,225
Default

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
Please send it my way...I am still struggling to stay on track and I'm getting a little panicky!

I think right now it's stress over work issues; that and being bored. I'm okay calorie-wise so far today, but I feel like I could crash and burn at any minute. If I could just get a little success under my belt (literally!), I would feel better, but I can't seem to get back into it. I'm kind of at a loss at this point. I haven't felt comfortable in my skin for almost a month now and I wish I could find the motivation I had before to keep up with the good choices.

And I wish I could figure out this fatigue; it's a huge effort to get up and get something from the other room, let alone exercise.

Maybe when hubby gets home I'll have him give me a good shake and that'll take care of it...or at least make me so dizzy I won't think about food.
Okay let me be Capt. Obvious here. I'll play shirk and you can sit back and listen.

Okay Cassie, so what I'm hearing from you is that you are going through an emotional time right now. You may not know it, or what to admit it but the words that I hear have to do with your FEELINGS. Being bored, stressed and feeling like you can crash and burn at any minute are all negative feelings.

Next are the feelings of doubt... in YOURSELF. When you say, struggle, you should say conquer. When you say can't, you should say I will. When you say I wish I could, you should say I'm going to. The question is why do you say what you should? Once again it's about feelings. Self doubt. If you don't believe in you, who will? You should be your #1 fan! You should look at what you've done, how far you've come and KNOW that you will conquer.

There are two things that do not go together, good choices and fatigue. If you make those good choices with food, you will feel better about yourself. If you make those good choices with food, you will have energy. If you make those good choices with food, you will feel motivated.

Lastly, a little motivation. I've posted this before, if you've seen it, watch it again. In its entirety!
My 120 pound journey. - YouTube

The bill will be in the mail.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-24-2011 at 12:49 AM.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 AM
  #88  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Okay let me be Capt. Obvious here. I'll play shirk and you can sit back and listen.

Okay Cassie, so what I'm hearing from you is that you are going through an emotional time right now. You may not know it, or what to admit it but the words that I hear have to do with your FEELINGS. Being bored, stressed and feeling like you can crash and burn at any minute are all negative feelings.

Next are the feelings of doubt... in YOURSELF. When you say, struggle, you should say conquer. When you say can't, you should say I will. When you say I wish I could, you should say I'm going to. The question is why do you say what you should? Once again it's about feelings. Self doubt. If you don't believe in you, who will? You should be your #1 fan! You should look at what you've done, how far you've come and KNOW that you will conquer.

There are two things that do not go together, good choices and fatigue. If you make those good choices with food, you will feel better about yourself. If you make those good choices with food, you will have energy. If you make those good choices with food, you will feel motivated.

Lastly, a little motivation. I've posted this before, if you've seen it, watch it again. In its entirety!
My 120 pound journey. - YouTube

The bill will be in the mail.
Thanks, Mike. Really appreciate it, and it wasn't abrasive, lol. That's why I'm hoping the journaling will help.

I seem to be a creature of habit (food and exercise wise, at the very least)...if things go well, they stay going well. If things take a turn for the worse, they stay that way. If I can turn it around somehow, I'll be okay.

Is that the video of the guy that runs the marathon with the bleeding nipples?
cjohnson728 is online now  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:00 AM
  #89  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,225
Default

yes it is that video, now watch it.

I guess you missed my post the other day when I told you to get your head out the sand or your ass.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 AM
  #90  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,225
Default

On a serious note, Cassie, it's hard getting out of a funk. I know it, I've been there, many of us have so know that you are not alone. WE are ALL here to pick you up when you fall, or just want to lay down. You can and will get out this funk and I have two challenges for you. The first is to write down what you feel is bothering you or holding you back. Second, I challenge you to take time out for yourself this week. Do something for yourself to make you feel good about yourself, to make you feel pretty. Get a new haircut, go buy a new outfit, something... anything. Don't think I'm just going to ask you to write down what's bothering you and just leave it at that! If you skip the second challenge of doing something for yourself, then I'll what you to write down what you are willing to do to correct the things on your list. Deal?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-24-2011 at 01:30 AM.
01gt4.6 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.