Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down Another tragedy occured at my house

This time it wasn't a murder with a fugitive on the loose. (gee I wonder what the noobies will think of that statement )

I wanted to finally use my new grill. I went to the store to get something to throw on it and their meat selections weren't that appealing. I ended up with a small pack of bratwurst. I figured that it wasn't enough to light the big grill so I did them inside on the George Foreman Grill. Well having the weight of the top pressing down on the brats cause a couple to bust. It was just a little pin hole but you should never let the juices of a bratwurst escape, yes... it's man law. So ladies, this is just between us. Do not tell your hubbies b/c I don't want to be hunted down.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-26-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
D-Day is right around the corner. Can I turn my ski ramp around? Can I pull this off and come in no higher than 169.0 # on Monday?
You CAN do it! I've seen you do it before. Now, wipe the last of those Rum Cake crumbs off of your cheeks and get to it!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0), yes (4), no (3), no (3)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake), nope, no, no

Mike,

This is exactly what happens to me... when my fruits and veggies are low, my breads are high. I've been trying to keep only 45 cal. bread in the house, and that's been working out fairly well.
I've been usuing 50 calorie bread. I use to use 45 calorie but that bread is so damn thin. I do need to work on 11 & 12.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
You CAN do it! I've seen you do it before. Now, wipe the last of those Rum Cake crumbs off of your cheeks and get to it!!!
Oh that rum cake has been gone. I brought the last pice to my workout buddy Tuesday, b/c I had to get it out the house.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I found that Sara Lee makes a great wheat, honey wheat and whole wheat that is a normal thickness at 45 cals.... and it tastes really good, too! I can buy it at a local bread outlet store for half price.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

I might have to give it a shot.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Nature's Own makes a 50-calorie per slice bread that is whole wheat and 5 g. fiber, also.

I know; I'm a fiber junkie.

I like this one because it tastes good enough when you eat it, but it's not so good that I'm often thinking, "Gee, I'd really like a slice of that bread with some jam right now..."
Old 08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Nature's Own makes a 50-calorie per slice bread that is whole wheat and 5 g. fiber, also.

I know; I'm a fiber junkie.

I like this one because it tastes good enough when you eat it, but it's not so good that I'm often thinking, "Gee, I'd really like a slice of that bread with some jam right now..."
that's what I eat.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Rose, I'm glad you have some social stuff planned, and I hope you get on a more even keel since that trip that threw you off (and almost made you throw up!). I agree, journaling is hard, but food is tied to emotions with many of us. You've had so much change recently; even good things can be stressful, so go easy on yourself. You and I will get this figured out!

Quiet night tonight...everyone but me have a life? Hubby and I looked at each other by the time we had dinner (8 PM) and determined we were too physically exhausted to do anything except sit, read, chat, crossword puzzles (him), and organize recipes (me). It was a nice evening off, but damn if it didn't make us feel old!

Almeeker, if you're out there, have a good time at the wedding. I expect that your dress looks smashing!

Really going to try to stay on track this weekend. If I can do it, I will consider it turning the corner and will continue to work on the damage control.

1. Stay below 1300 cals/day. 1244, 1305 (close enough), 1292, 1245, 1269
2. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, except for a frozen yogurt, Yes, except for froyo again--band night; had to support!, Mostly; two exceptions, Yes
3. Reasonably balance pie chart. It's perfect today!, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat 25 g fiber daily, at least. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise 7 times. Weights & stationary bike, Cardio Tennis, Hiking & Cardio Tennis, 5 miles on trails today
6. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes but forgot calcium, Yes, Yes
7. Journal before eating anything that's not a meal. Mostly, Journaled a good bit but not always right before eating, No-too crazy today, Completely forgot but didn't eat anything I didn't have planned, Ditto today
8. Weigh in daily no matter how much it hurts. Yes , Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and it still hurts.
9. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
10. Do shoulder & elbow PT exercises. No, Shoulder, yes; can't find the elbow instructions, No, No, No
11. Get in bed by midnight! No, Yes, No-kid up with stomachache, No, No

12. Call liability insurance re:canceling policy. Yes
13. Complete 4 additional location forms. 1.5; still working on this...need answers, so at a standstill.
14. Call to have computer fixed. Left message
Old 08-26-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Routine bloodwork from Thursday came back already and doc's office posted the new numbers to my online health chart. Great news on contolling (actually reversing) my pre-diabetes, cholesterol, and triglycerides through diet alone. In three months with my new doctor:

Both blood glucose the day of the test and A1C average were NORMAL BUT I have to stick with the limit of 25g net carbs daily to keep it that way as long as possible without meds.

Total cholesterol down from 217 in May to 205 Thursday with under 200 being normal. Almost there.

Triglycerides down from a whopping 286 to 228 in just three months. Still have a long way to go to normal under 150. I looked over my food charts yesterday and am pretty sure I can lower my sat fat from my average 12% to 10% or less, eat more veggies, eat more fish, take more Omega-3 supplement. Doc and I will discuss plan of attack without meds at my Sept 1 followup appointment.

Last edited by Mern; 08-27-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.