Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 PM
FitDay Member

I had a good day yesterday. I made it to the spin class after work and it was as awesome as ever. It's kind of crazy how much I like it!

MY GOALS:

1. Eat between 1200-1400 calories per day. YES 1322/ YES 1370/YES 1397
2. Exercise 6 times. 2X
3. Take my vitamins. YES/YES/YES
4. Drink 1.5-2 litres of water per day. YES/YES/YES
5. Journal before I eat anything not on my plan. (Thanks Cassie I stole this from you.)
6. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit for the week! T-1244/W-827/TH-1266 total so far:3337

Cassie, I have been feeling down since the weekend when I went to Scotland. Anyway, even though our situations are totally different the feelings are the same. I have been thinking really hard on WHY it is that I turn to food when I feel certain emotions? I don't overeat when I am happy, I only overeat when I am bored, lonely, stressed, sad, and feeling down on myself. When I am in a good place I am happy to take care of myself and get a lot of enjoyment from eating healthy foods and exercising. Now, it's impossible to feel good all the time so the key is in finding a way to deal with life's setbacks and trying times without turning to food to comfort us. Journalling is a good first step but I haven't figured out how to always have the presence of mind to journal before a slip... but I am sure we are on the right track and we'll get there.

Hope, I agree about the Scottish food but the Scots sure know how to bake! Shortbread. Need I say more?

Lizzie, thanks so much for your concern. You are a sweetheart. I have a girlfriend who is coming to stay with me for a whole month! I can't wait! Also I have a friend who lives in the North of England and she's going to get on a train to come see me for a weekend very soon so my loneliness is definitely about to improve! I'm glad to hear that your son enjoys Glasgow. I could tell while I was there that the people are really friendly and cool and there's a great art scene too.

Wowgirl, thanks for the tips re meetup.com. When I was younger, I used to make friends so easily and I have a giant group back home. I am actually going to have drinks with a coworker on Saturday night so I am moving in the right direction! By the way, I am a big Smiths fan too! I used to listen to them so much when I was in high school. I never got to see them in concert though. Bummer.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Four pages have gone by since I checked in last, which was Wednesday. And it's 9:48 and i have an 11 o'clock meeting . . .

So I'm about one page through catching up . . .

Mike, love the Tony Horton quote
Quinn -- chiming in on the "how cool is it that you raised a daughter with such great judgment" bandwagon.

More to catch up with but those two posts really stood out!

As for me, I am really frustrated, but if I am honest with myself, I've been less than optimal on my goals the past two days. Started with a "group dinner" at this really cool place that serves very high quality food in small plates, but let's just say "the best laid plans for managing those situations went awry."

Yesterday, I had a dance audition for my company which went GREAT, but I am shattered after four hours of teaching.

And now I have to run put my "kitchendarlings" hat on and be nice to my two sweet, elderly clients and I just want to curl up and get back in bed!!!! But I can't. And I must run.

(P.S. -- as I write this, I look around and think . . .OMG!!! my house is a DEEEEESASTER! I have lived out of bags for three days and stuff is EVERYWHERE! Which is a HUGE TRIGGER FOR ME -- because I just want to escape and my form of escape . . .? Well, I bet we can guess what that is)

P.P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, this thread is so jumpin' this week!

I don't have time to read all TWENTY PAGES (Holy cow!) of threads, but I wanted to jump on to say that I am alllliiiivvveeee after having a friend visit for a week, and I'm feeling really rejuvenated (though really tired today, as I had to come into work ~2.5 hours early because I forgot I had a presentation today...).

I'll join in next week with all you ladies, but HUGE HUGS to those that need them, and a internet-pat-on-the-back to those that are doing well this week

I'm a bit scared to jump on the scale, but Monday waits for no man... or woman!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Birfday Ann!

I know I have been very active here and I haven't had a chance to go back the pages and pages to check on everyone.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know I have been very active here and I haven't had a chance to go back the pages and pages to check on everyone.
Give us some rum cake and we'll give you a pass.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a great week being back on track. So far, I've lost 1.6 lbs. of my 2 pound goal for the week. Then, I'm shooting for 2 lbs. again next week and I'll be right where I want to be.

BUT... It's the weekend where 9 times out of 10 I fall apart. Husband is only working a half day today so that we can hang out on one of summer's last hot, gorgeous days. Then, we're taking mom out to dinner (first time in a while). Already have my broiled fish selection made. I really want to keep up my good food choices over the weekend! It's tricky for me because my husband is really sweet to me and likes to take me to little cafes and things during the weekend for some couples time and it always involves food!!! I don't want to hurt his feelings, because I know after this many years how blessed I am to have a husband who is still so attentive.

The same thing holds true with my time with my mom... at her advanced age, about the only thing that we can still do together is eat out, and we do it fairly often. Although, I do want to see the movie "The Help" this weekend (I think that's what it's called...) and hopefully, she'll be up to it although I've never seen her turn down a movie in my life.

Well, off to start my day. Have an incredible Friday, all!!

quinn
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Give us some rum cake and we'll give you a pass.
I've been waiting for him to Fed Ex me some since Sunday... what the heck??
Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

D-Day is right around the corner. Can I turn my ski ramp around? Can I pull this off and come in no higher than 169.0 # on Monday?

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient in 6 days (log food for those 6 days):too many, -934, -612, -494
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 0, 3, 0, 0
6) gallon of water a day: no, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, no
9) daily:
fish oil yes, no, yes, yes
vitamin yes, no, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, no
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (maybe 1), yes (2), yes (2), yes(1)
11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0), yes (4), no (3), no (3)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake), nope, no, no
Old 08-26-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I've been waiting for him to Fed Ex me some since Sunday... what the heck??
Hey you have the recipe now. You should make some for us! Congrats on the -1.6#
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0), yes (4), no (3), no (3)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake), nope, no, no

Mike,

This is exactly what happens to me... when my fruits and veggies are low, my breads are high. I've been trying to keep only 45 cal. bread in the house, and that's been working out fairly well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.