Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, I'm so glad it wasn't your kitty. RIP that poor kitty.

I understand the feeling of doing something crazy to get over a fear. I was deathly afraid of needles so several years back I made a New Years resolution to give blood every 8 weeks, and I did. I still give on a regular basis and now I don't even get nervous knowing that they are coming after my spine with a foot long needle.

Hmmm, giving blood... I think I may have an idea for the next person that wants to step up and join this wager. Who's next? Anyone?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-11-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks Mia! Hey was it you the other day that said you could see my food log?
it was me and I said I couldn't

I am glad it wasn't Ginger but sad for the other kitty, who also looked young.

Giving blood is a good idea.

Last edited by canary52; 08-11-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

I meant couldn't. Is it working now?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's the sound of me screaming! The hiccups are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG after my last epidural, I had them for 2-3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Sorry for so much posting. I just had a big scare. There was a poor orange and white cat run over right next to the entrance of my driveway that looked just like my cat Ginger. I ran upstairs praying it wasn't her and thankfully Ginger was asleep on my bed. Talk about heart racing.

I got so worried, I knocked over a glass of water next to and all over my desk, mopped it up and then sat in a puddle on my desk chair (it was water, it ws water, I wasn't that nervous.)
Wow, Hope! What a relief that it wasn't your Ginger!!! Still, I feel so sad for that poor kitty. I can only imagine how nerve shattering that was for you! Sending a great bug cyber hug!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oh no!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's the sound of me screaming! The hiccups are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG after my last epidural, I had them for 2-3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mike, I'm so sorry! Drink upside down! Drink upside down!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Infallible hiccup cure

Mike - Everyone claims to have a cure for hiccups, but this one really works:

Take a drink of water and hold it in your mouth. Then plug your ears and nose at the same time (thumbs in ears, pinkies on nose). Continue holding the water in your mouth as long as possible, then swallow.

It has never failed me!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

1. Eat between 1200-1500 calories per day. YES 1499/YES 1223/YES 1453/YES 1488
2. Take my vitamins. YES/YES/YES/YES
3. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. YES/YES/YES/YES
4. Find and join a gym. NOT YET/DONE
5. Start running again. NOT YET/NOT YET/YES!!!
6. Exercise at least 4 times. NOT YET/NOT YET/YES!/YES!

April, thank you! I am enjoying the gym a lot. Your morning workout sounds divine! Doesn't it make all the difference when your senses are stimulated by such a pleasant environment? I am really happy for you!

Quinn, I was sort a vegetarian too! For 15 years actually. I ate no beef or chicken or meat of any kind but I still ate some fish. Does it still count?

Lindyk11, welcome to Fitday! Good luck with your weight loss plan. You can do it!

Mern, you are a real sweetheart. I just thought I'd mention that. Your kids are really lucky to have you as their mom. I sure wish these tough times weren't happening right now. Please know that I am sending positive thoughts your children's way, hoping for the best for you and yours. Also, I can hardly wait for you to get here! You'll love Bristol. I'm not too worried about my weigh in where food and water is concerned, I really usually eat the same way during the weekdays. It's the weekends that are my downfall!

Hope wow! An audition? You sound totally fun and spontaneous to me! I really really love how you did two impulsive daring things this week! Way to go! I sure hope you get a part in that play! That would be so cool but really it's just amazing that you went for the audition. How inspiring!

Lizzie, I'm really sorry to hear about your son's trouble. That breaks my heart too. I hope things get better!

Mike, I think it is amazing how you got over your fear of needles. I have that fear too! I'm definitely better now though. I used to get weak in the knees and feel like I was going to pass out or barf. Now I look away and breath and it seems to go okay. Anyway, I really admire the way you went about conquering your fear!

Holy crumpets and marmalade!! I went to the gym after work and attended a spin class and damn, it was intense! I thought I was going to die! Okay maybe not die, but holy fish n' chips, those Brits give good spin! It was the most intense spin class I have ever attended. I am guaranteed to win the wager with Mike because I think I lost at least 2 pounds of sweat during that one class. I am sooooooooooooooo happy I went! That is MY KIND of workout!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-11-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Mike my cure for hicups is to swallow nothing 3 times. Occasionally I have to do it twice but it works for me. It's not as easy as it sounds. Good luck. Mary
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
A
Interesting wager thought, there. If I had the guts to step on the scale after vacation, I'd probably take you up on it. At this point, I have no idea where I am, much less what to shoot for.
Oh, I wasn't saying my loss versus someone elses. I was thinking that someone should bet that I couldn't do it...
Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I am guaranteed to win the wager with Mike because I think I lost at least 2 pounds of sweat during that one class. I am sooooooooooooooo happy I went! That is MY KIND of workout!
Okay wait!!!! I think there is some confusion here. I was thinking someone could bet that I couldn't do it, not that they couldn't lose more than me by the end of week 5. But... just so you don't think I'm scared, YOU'RE ON!!! There's one catch though since I've already published my scale pictures and you haven't, this Monday it starts. We both hop on the scale and post up the pic. There are some rules to keep this fair. We have to continue as I have been. If you can think of any rules, feel free to let me know.

1) Weigh in 1st thing in the morning, empty bladder, on a level floor, nekkid.
2) Take a clear picture of the scale reading and post it up.
3) No cheating by holding any thing of weight for your initial weigh in to show inflated numbers, so put the dumbbells away! I will try to continue on losing, without intentionally trying to gain weight for Monday's weigh in.
4) Next Monday, same thing and Final weigh in will be on August 29th.

Fair enough?

BTW I think you should triple your oatmeal cookie intake.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-11-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.