Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

When I was "crunching numbers" the other day, I was shooting for -1.2 this week. That would mean that tomorrow I'll need to me at 160.6#. The problem is that I just found out that we are having a cookout at my house today. I'll have to be good. Wish me luck, even though luck has nothing to do with it.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Mike, do you have a bush hog to cut that grass?

Hope you enjoy your cookout--just try to make it a controlled cheat if you do cheat at all.

I'm gonna be over by a little in carbs today because I chose to eat ready-made Italian meatballs that are so delicious. I always use Dreamfields low net effective carb pasta, but to control the carbs in spaghetti, instead of the Italian tomato sauce I used for DH's portion (Little Caesar's Crazy Bread Sauce) I used Bertoli Mushroom Alfredo Sauce for myself--only 1/3 the carbs of the Little Caesar's sauce.

I'm still allowing myself a low carb shake with 4 tablespoons ground flaxmeal and my sugar free dark chocolate for a snack tonight. Already counted the carbs for that.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

I just got back from London. Sorry I have been gone since Friday. I went to a town called Bath on Friday and then spent the weekend in London. I had so much fun it's crazy! It was a whirlwind weekend. My feet are throbbing from today's activities and I am absolutely exhausted. I am trying to catch up on all the posts but it's after 10pm here and I need to get some sleep. Sorry I haven't had access to the internet this weekend

I sort of didn't really log anything for the past 2 days and I kind of went off the rails what with all the eating out and activity. Yikes!! I am afraid to weigh myself tomorrow.

I'm fading fast so good night, Everyone! I will continue to catch up on all of your adventures.... sending good thoughts to all of you!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, we definitely missed you, but no need to apologize! I'm glad you were off having fun. I am doing damage control starting tomorrow; you are not alone. Although mine was more like two weeks as opposed to two days.

Mern, glad you have it all planned out; sounds good! Does Little Caesar's put sugar in their sauce, or is it just because of those devilish tomatoes that it's high in carbs? I'm not familiar with jarred or canned sauces; hubby's mom is Italian and such things are not allowed in our home! I had to learn how to make The Sauce before we got married . Of course, I grew up on the stuff from jars (and in the case of one of my grandmothers, a BOX) and I'm not dead, so, how bad could it be? Some of it looks quite good, though hubby refers to Ragu as "raw goo." Actually, tomato sauce is one of my favorite things to experiment with. So many different spice combinations, adding seafood, or meat, or just marinara. Wow, now I'm hungry and wishing like the dickens for some of your canning prowess!

Mike, I'm sure you're wiped out from the lawn ordeal. "Luck has nothing to do with it..." truer words were never spoken. Scale fairy, sometimes, but never luck .

I spent today making oodles of whole grain breakfasts and snacks for quick eats now that school's starting and I have one of the boy's favorite dinners in the oven. The house has smelled sooo good all day, but I have got to get back to controlling myself.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

I loved Bath! Rose, did you enjoy it?

Mern, good planning! Mike, might that help you? Planning, I mean. Goodluck with the bbque!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, it's great that you're getting to tour England some.

"sort of didn't really..." "kind of went off the rails" LOL We understand, sweetie. Golly it must be terribly hard right off the bat. I'm guessing you may have to alter your diet some according to the availability of what you're used to eating.

I hope you can catch up on your sleep. Don't be concerned about catching up with all the posts--it's hard enough for anyone to keep up, even if we're not traveling the world.

Big hug to ya!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, thanks for your encouragement. You're so sweet.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, my reduced carb Italian dinner was really yummy. I was SO GLAD I thought to look up the nutrition facts of the Little Caesar's Crazy Sauce BEFORE eating any. Yeah, 8 grams of sugar in 113g (1/4 cup) serving, plus 10g carbs and 1g fiber. I usually use Ragu no sugar added sauce because it's pretty low carb for just 1/4 cup (the amount I use myself) or I make my own low carb sauce using canned tomato sauce and Italian seasonings. Canning prowess, LOL. I dislike canning so much. I think I'm done with the tomatoes. 28 pints should last us quite a while.

Oh, my! I've heard Italian mothers really poo-poo anything that's not homemade. I had a funny incident with my MIL once. I made beef stew for DH from scratch and told her how much he enjoyed it and she went to her pantry and got a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew to give to him. The meat in there reminds me of dog food. I didn't know if she just thought to give it to him when I told her he likes stew, or if she thought the canned stuff had to be better than mine. And I didn't really want to know her reasoning. LOL I loved her dearly. She was the greatest MIL and never had an unkind word to say about anyone. She accepted everyone for who they were and brought out the best in them when they were in her company. I really miss her--she passed away in 1990 at the age of 80.

Wow, that was great that you made all the whole grain breakfast and snacks. What is the dinner that's one of the boy's favorites that you made today?

Last edited by Mern; 08-14-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

I feel sick right now. Ate too much at dinner. My cals out of whack.

Do you binged before a serious diet? For example, I tell myself that I will be very serious with my cals next week. As something inside me urged me to eat otherwise I would have no junk for a long while. So I binged. Weird? I know.
Mai
Old 08-14-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Mai, I'm sorry you feel badly after your dinner.

I have done that in the past--had a big binge before a serious diet. But now I try to be more even in my eating--to make it a way of eating for life rather than just a weight loss diet so that I don't feel deprived of foods that I really like. I think one of the keys to that is to find substitutes that are lower in calories or fat or carbohydrates than the foods that are totally off limits. For example, I love chocolate candy and found a sugar free version and can have two pieces per day, so I no longer have to cheat by eating a Hershey chocolate bar. I love bread, but found I can enjoy low carb tortillas and not miss the bread at all.

Oh, I'm certainly not perfect at it--so I can't scold you for your binge. Even with the best intentions, almost all of us still go crazy with food from time to time.

So we do understand. Just grab hold of our hands and jump back on the good eating wagon with us. Big hug to you!

Last edited by Mern; 08-14-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.