Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Darn! I have to leave again in a few minutes without having been able to catch up with the posts. Still on the run with family stuff going on--still driving daughter on crutches to and from work; babysitting two grandkids; I have to take one back to the dentist again today (1 hour and 15 minute round trip); another granddaughter moving in with us this weekend; our son may be moving out to relocate and then look for a job elsewhere on just $6000 savings-in this slumping job market. I'm not at all optimistic, but I have to be supportive since I couldn't talk him out of it. I hate that both my kids are having such a hard time right now.

Mern, sorry to hear about your hard time. I know how that is.. Every mom would never want to see her kids in the hard situation. Supportive is a good thing. I hope everything brighter soon.
Mai
Old 08-11-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike! Your pics is amazing! and Chloe is very cute.
Good work...
Mai
Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
I wanna see a pic of Mike in a dress whether doing vegetarian for a day or not. LOL
I don't fit any of my old dresses and I'm not buying new ones until I get down to weight that I won't have to worry about my hips in it. In other words, it ain't happening.

Keep your head up on the family stuff, it'll all work out!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I never got into the whole vegan thing. I still do a modified version of it today... no beef or pork, small amounts of chicken and fish and I always eat dairy. My vegetarian period had nothing to do with animal cruelty, politics or saving whales. It was just a cleaner, healthier way to eat for me. I never had a taste for beef or pork. When I was a kid, I always ate around the meat on my plate, (fed it to the cat) and took the meat off of pizzas and sandwiches my mom would make. It drove her nuts. I just never cared for it.

I kind of cheated last night though. I filled a huge ceramic pasta bowl with a big variety of fresh greens, shredded carrots, red onions, three colors of tomatoes, topped it with hot bacon dressing (husband's request) and served it with 7 grain dinner rolls for a "light" supper. (Calories and fat were pretty bad, but it's a seasonal thing!

Even during my 4 year stint, I never called myself a vegetarian because I wanted to reserve the right to treat myself to a good burger on the grill once in a while... although my stomach usually revolted when I did.

My niece and nephew went vegetarian in college, but they ate tons of cheese, deep-fried and just plain garbage. I never quite figured that one out. Their cholesterol must have been outrageous.
Yeah people just assume that being vegetairan means that you eat well. Many do but I've seen some like your niece and nephew, cheese fries loaded with bacon and ranch dressing, potato chips, etc.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-11-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lastri
Thanks Mike! Your pics is amazing! and Chloe is very cute.
Good work...
Mai
Thanks Mia! Hey was it you the other day that said you could see my food log?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

You guys are so funny! rotfl

MunaAmin, I would stick to the "if I want your opinion I'll give it to you" policy with DH. But seriously what Amy said sounds right. Sorry he's been so harsh but I think Cassie is also right. Maybe there are some issues of his own there?

OK my goals:
1) no more than 1600 calories per day: 1470, 1660, 1173
2) 64 oz water: 40, 56, 40
3) get more sleep; I could pack to visit Rose in the UK with the bags under my eyes: a bit more, still can't get a full night -stupid mind keeps waking me up, 6 hours or so of coma like sleep from sheer nervous exhaustion
4) more fruits and especially veg (I like Terri's idea; one with each meal, may try that):yes, yes, no
5) write : a bit, mostly just journal stuff, same as yesterday prolly less, yes
6) meditate : No, NO, yes
7) gym or walk 4x this week :at least 2.5 miles, the longest I've done in years, short walk with DH, more like a frigging shuffle than walk I sleptwalked in other words, no

On a whim, I went on an audition for a play being peformed by a small theatre group. I doubt I got a part as I am not an actress but it was wonderful to do something impulsive and different. I used to be such a fun person. Now I am just a big worrywart nervous wreck. Going on that mountain walk and that audition reminded me of what I could be: fun, spontaneous.

And hey Mike if I can try to act with no talent and no experience, you could wear a friggin dress and go vegan. And post pictures!!!!! Let me know how Va Beach is for you. I really enjoyed it.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Evening all. Had a fairly good day and yes I did my 30 mins today and even increased the speed a little.
Mern: I know exactly how you feel with regards to your son, I worry constantly about my youngest who, through illness, lost his job and although he is back working he is now on minimum wage which barely covers essentials. He had to ask me to help him recently with a small loan and he was so upset that it broke my heart.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, dear, I am so sorry your kids are having a hard time. When they suffer, we suffer. Let's hope for the very best. Rooting for you and yours.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

I stepped out for a moment and my husband told me someone called from the play. Did I actually get a callback? If I got anything, I'm pretty sure it's for one of the smaller roles, which is good because I couldn't imagine making the commitment to the lead one. Plus I was terrible reading for the lead. I'm telling you I went on a whim, more for the fun of the audition than for anything else. But the small part I read for could be a hoot to play.

I just wanted to step out of this terrible worry and anxiety I am living with. Last night I thought about flying in a small plane (a fear) skydiving (a terror) or standup comedy (something believe it or not friends have urged me to do. I used to be quite funny.) My cure for anxiety? Do something totally nerve wracking!!!! At least I'm not overeating. At this moment.

Last edited by canary52; 08-11-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry for so much posting. I just had a big scare. There was a poor orange and white cat run over right next to the entrance of my driveway that looked just like my cat Ginger. I ran upstairs praying it wasn't her and thankfully Ginger was asleep on my bed. Talk about heart racing.

I got so worried, I knocked over a glass of water next to and all over my desk, mopped it up and then sat in a puddle on my desk chair (it was water, it ws water, I wasn't that nervous.)
Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

OMGoodness! I am glad that it wasn't your Ginger!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.