Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Rose. Thanks for your kind words re my son.

Hope: I see you are grasping the wisdom that someone ( can't remember just now) said that to keep young you should do something each day that scares you. You must be rolling back the years lol. I have a marmalade cat too, Henri is my little avatar pic but they don't seem to be showing at present.

Cassie. Everything seem like a struggle when you aren't feeling too good, hope you're getting better. I am now on the lemsips and can't seem to shake the headache.

Off to work, I'm very late as I didn't sleep much through the night but slept right through the alarm. Oh and I lost 1 lb this week.
Congrats on the 1 pound lost!!!

I just learned recently that it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said do one thing each day that scares you.

Marmalade cats, as you call em, rock. I'd love to see Henri's pic.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Is she said it, it wouldn't scare me b/c I know it would be true.

I finished dinner and the hiccups went away! This could make losing weight easy. Rose, you are in for it now girl!

Wait, Mike, is your gf pregnant?

Also just hold your nose and close your mouth for a few seconds to get rid of hiccups.

I can now see your diet log; thanks! Looks good. I had a cortisone shot in my knee which swelled up and had to be drained so maybe it can cause fluid retention. I'd be curious to see what others have to say.

I'm also curious to see this challenge between you and Rose.

Last edited by canary52; 08-11-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

I like that expression to do something each day that scares you. I may change it to once a month for me, daily would wear me out! Trying to do something new each month is hard enough. Mary
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie deficit +581, -727, 1408, 986 (week total -2540)
3. 80oz water daily Yes, Yes, Yes!, Yes
4. only one diet soda daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

I'm tired today. I had an emotional evening dealing with some teen rebellion at home last night. I only get 5 hrs sleep on hubby's work days as it is so I didn't need that on top of the minimal sleep. And now (again) I am the worst mother in the world. He'll get over it. Next week when he gets all his electronics back I suppose.
This is the hubby's work weekend (he works every other) so I should stay pretty active all weekend. I do a good cleaning on the house the weekends that he works. I also need to weed the edging of the flower beds and the veggie garden. The pond could use the algae removed again. Ugh! And if I finish all of that I have some bulbs that are done for the year that I want to relocate. I probably won't be on here over the weekend so won't be able to log. I might try on my phone but it takes forever.

Rose - Spin class sounds like fun. I wish I had the nerve to sign up for something like that. Or maybe zumba. That seems to be big around here lately.

Cassie - I know what you mean about the freshman. My oldest is a freshman this year. Orientation isn't until 8/29 here (night before school starts). He's my more mature and closer relationship to me son. I am not ready for him to grow up and move away. Glad to hear you went and got an antibiotic. You should be feeling better soon.

Lizzie - Congrats on the 1 pound!! They all add up!

Mike - I hope the hiccups stay away. I always hold my breath and swallow nothing three times. I don't know if that will work for your type of hiccups though. I am kind of excited to watch this challenge between you & Rose.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

April, shame on me, but I just started taking an antibiotic that was leftover here . I know it's stupid but it's my best option right now.

I hope your teen rebellion calms down. The teen years have been very easy for me so far; mine is 15 in two months, though he does have what they call constitutional delay of adolescence, so the hormones aren't flowing as of yet. I'm expecting a change when they do, and my heart breaks for this child who is going into high school with the physical development of an 11-12 year old and just barely 5 feet tall. At least in middle school there were still some tiny 6th graders bopping around the halls, and thankfully he does not have PE this semester and have to face the locker room. We are both pretty anxious about school starting on Monday.

Thanks for the words of support, Rose. They mean a lot. It's an emotional time anyway this part of the year, given that unfortunate anniversary that we've both experienced . Glad to see you're doing so well after your move and hitting the ground running!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Argh! I had a big thing typed up and forgot to copy it before sending and lost it.

My freshman is 5'11" and about 138lbs. He wears 32/32 jeans. He is working out on the home gym and punching a heavy bag 3-4 times a week. He wants to have a six pack. I hate to say this out loud but he is the son that I am close to.

My 7th grader is my turmoil. Always has been. He has a condition called ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). It means he hates to follow rules. Can you imagine? Last night was just another incident in a long list. And he is very disrectful to me when his dad isn't around too. I let him do things and I get the crappy treatment. How does that work?

I have done that before too. Taken antibiotics that I had at home. Sometimes you have to do what works. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report

Fish oil and vitamin D daily NO, YES, No fish oil, YES
Five servings veggies/fruits daily 1, 4, 5, 5
Calorie limit 1600 608 (six hundred eight-crazy day), 1103, 1156. 1008
Sat fat limit 12%, 6%, 16%, 15%
Cholesterol average 300mg per day just 35mg, 126mg, 220mg, 102mg
Net carb limit (carbs less fiber) 25g 13, 26.5, 17.2, 25.9
Track protein 31g or 25%, 94 or 16%, 117 or 45%, 49 or 20%

Artificial sweetner limit 2 packets per day , 0, 0, 0, 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2, 2, 0, 2

Water 64 oz. YES, YES NO, NO
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, DAY OFF, NO

Last edited by Mern; 08-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Wait, Mike, is your gf pregnant?

Also just hold your nose and close your mouth for a few seconds to get rid of hiccups.

I can now see your diet log; thanks! Looks good. I had a cortisone shot in my knee which swelled up and had to be drained so maybe it can cause fluid retention. I'd be curious to see what others have to say.

I'm also curious to see this challenge between you and Rose.
Oh he'll no, oops I meant WOULDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

lol, April, your son is the size my husband was when I met him in college. Not so easy to find clothes, though I think he was a 31/31.

I'm very familiar with ODD; I see it a lot in my practice. It's very exhausting to parents, it feels unpredictable and constant both. Just remember, it's not you, though they often like to manipulate you into thinking that. Isn't it strange how kids from the same family can be so different?

(Reminds, me, Quinn, thanks for asking...things with my sister went fine. It was a lovely time, other than being sick).
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh he'll no, oops I meant WOULDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freudian slip, no doubt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.