Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone!! Its been about 1.5-2 weeks since I have logged on but it has been a productive couple of weeks. I ended up taking some time off hitting the gym everyday but maintained my eating habits and it has paid off , I am officially down 11 lbs!!! I am so stoked about it!! And I have found some work partners so that these two a days don't become too unbearable.

I am currently running 3.5-4 miles a day in the Early morning hours before work and then on MWF hitting the gym for weights / classes etc. Its defintely too early to tell but I am excited because I have a new found energy and I want to continue some mornings it is hard but I know deep down that once I am in the gym and running its where I want to be

I tried my first Pilates class and I must say what a workout , it literally killed me, but I am looking forward to gaining that core strength and going back to that class in a few months and being able to complete every exercise with a better ease

Hope all is well with all of you !! I will try and keep contact but for now less is more and I don't want to overwhelm myself

Keep on going !
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: Look what you've gotten yourself into with all these goals

Cassie: Thanks for the congrats! I felt good about it. My stomach was a little "whoa" afterwards since I'd eaten very little previously in the day to prepare, but it was worth it!

stacey: Thanks for the congrats as well! It's easy to make good choices when everything is delicious and I have a health-conscious boss There were some "bad" choices for sides though (like homemade bread) that I did not indulge in, so yay! Your goals look great this week as well!

Julia: Thanks! Welcome back on the saddle How was your week last week?

quinn: Good plan on the getting-over-dog-fear. I hope it helps you (and maybe you find a new friend ) There are definitely gentler/less bite-prone breeds out there, you should start with those!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

what the... I don't live in Oklahoma, what's up with this weather. The other day S.E. Louisiana got hit with a tornado, 2 weeks ago 2 or 3 tornadoes hit and now we are under a tornado watch. Looks like no walking Chloe' today. I'm getting off to a rough start.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, congrat on your half pound. Good job! Keep going.
Mai
Old 04-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

hey Cassie, did you know that 8oz of V8 Juice = 2 servings of veggies?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
hey Cassie, did you know that 8oz of V8 Juice = 2 servings of veggies?
...and if I could get it down, that would be great!

Hope all is well with your weather. Maybe you and Chloe' can just watch a movie instead
Old 04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

I love all the dog talk as I'm a huge dog lover. Good for you guys that have faced your doggie fears or are trying to! My parents got a standard poodle, Oscar, because I breakout in hives and non-stop sneezing when I touch dogs (although I can't resist), so they thought the poodle would be a "hypoallergenic" dog. however, it turns out i'm allergic to dog saliva which is actually all over their fur as "dander" bc they lick themselves. so i'm completely allergic to him but I still love to play with that ridiculous looking poodle. i don't think i'll ever get to have a dog as an adult unless I am loading myself up on antihistamines for the rest of my life. or if i can find one w/out saliva...

today i ate around 1500 cals. that is a bit high. i walked 3 miles at a 2.5% incline in 44 mins..not sure how many cals that counts for.

i haven't gotten on a scale since before hawaii and i really don't want to!

also, i ate an entire bunch of kale for dinner! this is a bit excessive but atleast it's a clean food.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Feel better, Cassie!

Stay safe, Mike!

Monday report: (trying to see if I like "conforming" to the way the rest of you report your daily achievements)

Calorie limit 1600 1178
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24g
Protein target 120g 111.6g
Limit sugar free candy to two pieces per day 0
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day 2
Limit diet soda to one every other day0

Water 64 oz. per day Yes

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days Yes

Last edited by Mern; 04-05-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Mern on your 1/2 pound loss. Don't shrug off all the hard work that goes into losing a half a pound. I feel like that is really hard work, great job!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job on your goals today, Mern! I don't think it matters how you report, as long as you know.

Julia, I'm sure that kale was loaded with vitamins. Nothing to feel guilty about. Now if it was an entire jar of marshmallow fluff, well, that would be different . I'm allergic to dog saliva, too; I totally break out in a rash and bumps if I'm licked. Happened the first time I met my future husband's dog and was quite embarrassing.

Anyhoo...

1. Stick to calorie goal. Yes
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below. 48%
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least). Yes-a whopping 8!
6. Log everything, even cough drops. Yes

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head! Yes
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend. Not yet
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers. Not yet
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off. Not yet
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub. Not yet
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late! Not yet

My big accomplishment today was leaving the cake alone. I made it Satuday for company, was just going to have strawberries and whipped cream, but then I realized I had a big tub of fat free ricotta at its expiration date, so dessert got a little fancier (and more calorific!). It's almost gone; hopefully the guys will finish it up tomorrow! It keeps calling me .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-04-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Changed my last snack so I could meet goal #2!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.