Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,
Terri, I love your goals for this week. Also, congratulations on losing 22lbs during your first 3 months!!! Great job.

I was away from Thurs night-Sun night and I didn't check in at all. This was bad for my mindful eating habits. I could have gotten on a computer and really, I should have. Oh well. I made some really good decisions but overall I know I was over my cals, esp on Sat and Sun. Atleast I stayed active everyday..prob burned 250 extra cals per day through exercise.

Food goals for this week:
-Go to WW meeting
-Stay active everyday
-Track everything
-Eat clean
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

sandi,

I KNOW! Everyone thinks I'm mean when I say that there won't be any "empty nest syndrome" for this girl. I had my first just short of my 22nd birthday. I'll be 49 this summer and I've had a child home, continually, ever since. I love them dearly, but my husband and I are really looking forward to a break. (BUT, I'm keeping the big house! )

Mike,

There's a beautiful new animal shelter being built near me and I've already told the manager that I'll be "borrowing" a dog every day this summer for my 3-4 mile walks. To be totally honest, I have a terrible, totally unfounded fear of dogs who have teeth bigger than my own. But, my plan is to overcome my fear by starting with puppies and working my way up to, like maybe, large Poodles... LOL (...and volunteering my time to the shelter at the same time.)

Cassie,

One word... steam. I can't take anything, either. My MD just tells me to put a pot of water on the stove and cover my head with a towel, like a tent, and take deep breaths. It actually works pretty well. (...and you get a facial! lol)

Glad to see my "smile more... bitch less" is catching on! Maybe we should have t-shirts made...
Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52

Neti pot.Breathing lukewarm (not hot!) water through the sinuses.
I have a friend who absolutely swears by her Neti Pot -- I have never tried it as it just seems like it would be an awkward sensation (tipping water through the sinuses - in one nostril and out the other!) but she says it clears her right up every time, and it's actually improved her overall sinus health -- she used to get chronic infections, now hasn't had one in a year!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, don't let the size fool you! Puppies have sharper teeth and bite all the time. Some dogs look mean but are gentle, like boxers and great danes and other look harmless but will bite the s#!t out of you like a chihuahua. I trust Chloe' around people before I trust Mytsie. Now if someone comes in the yard or house that doesn't belong there, that's a whole other ballgame.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
quinn, don't let the size fool you! Puppies have sharper teeth and bite all the time. Some dogs look mean but are gentle, like boxers and great danes and other look harmless but will bite the s#!t out of you like a chihuahua. I trust Chloe' around people before I trust Mytsie. Now if someone comes in the yard or house that doesn't belong there, that's a whole other ballgame.
OH, THANKS! Now you have me afraid of puppies, too!
Just kidding. I have no idea where this stupid fear comes from. It's embarrassing! It's not like I was ever bitten or anything. I've had it since I was a kid. When I'm out walking in the evening, and I hear a big dog running at me full-tilt, growling and barking, I swear, I almost wet myself waiting for the sound of the chain to yank it's neck back... if it's on a chain. I have absolutely no fear of anything else. But, it's something that I really want to overcome. Sounds stupid, I know.

I don't mind the "teething", biting, chewing stuff. It's the "I'm-going-to-rip-your-face-off" biting that worries me. lol
Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I have a friend who absolutely swears by her Neti Pot -- I have never tried it as it just seems like it would be an awkward sensation (tipping water through the sinuses - in one nostril and out the other!) but she says it clears her right up every time, and it's actually improved her overall sinus health -- she used to get chronic infections, now hasn't had one in a year!
It is awkward and at first you say Huh? How will this work? And yet as your friend proved, it does. Go figure.

My friend Marie had a doberman who was a total bunny. In fact, nicer than some bunnies I've met. No offense to the rabbit lovers out there.

I will sign up for the smile more bitch less tee shirt - as soon as I can wear it in a smaller size!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
"To be totally honest, I have a terrible, totally unfounded fear of dogs who have teeth bigger than my own." ~Quinn

I hear you! As a child/young adult I was terrified of ALL dogs. After humiliating myself at my teacher's house (I was 20 when this happened) - her husband didn't realize I was there and let the dogs in, I remember seeing them coming up the steps... then him apologizing profusely while she tried to calm me enough to stop screaming get down off the dining table - I decided I needed to do something about it!

Calm quiet dogs were a good start. Later got used to one particular big quiet dog - my boyfriend's, then one noisy dog that we adopted. Now I own a dog and she is my furbaby. Spending time with them helps. Now every move and noise doesn't appear aggressive to me.
Me too!!!

I fell right to the pavement once last summer in tears. My daughter thought it was hysterical.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

my bet is that if you actually do go every day and borrow a dog, you'll end up falling in love and adopting it.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
my bet is that if you actually do go every day and borrow a dog, you'll end up falling in love and adopting it.
Yep. That's my history. I was asked to foster two kittens last fall for "a few weeks". They're sound asleep on my feet right now...

Animals, kids, elderly people... if they are hungry or need something wiped, I seem to take them in... lol
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

quinn / mike ~ that is a great goal smile more bitch less & mike you were smart to steal it i should steal it too, maybe for next week.

cassie ~ a vapour rub on the chest at night will help. you can also put some of the vapour rub in a bowl with hot water, towel over head & breath in the fumes.

quinn ~ that's awesome about being a dog walker & over coming your fear of dogs at the same time...ummmm...fyi google standard poodle & you might re-think about the large poodle lol. however standard poodles have a very nice disposition. mike is right great danes though tall are big babies & very gentle. puppies like to nibble think teething baby how the baby likes/needs to chew to teeth puppies are the same way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.