Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I thought the pictures were real like you went to a racetrack. Then I read what you did - very creative. It made me look at them a bunch of times and I'm not even into cars.

Mern, 1/2 pound is still good. And you have a great attitude.

Cassie, give yourself a break, honey. You've been sick; you'll be back up to speed soon. You'll see.

I'm also really hungry lately. What IS up with that? Well I'm just trying to eat more of the healthy stuff so that's it. Gotta watch the nuts (like MunaAmin.) And if I eat any more chicken I swear I am going to grow freaking feathers and lay an egg. It will no longer be Canary52 it will be Chickenalmost51 (in a couple of weeks actually.)

1) sugar: Y, Y, Y, Y except for a tiny bit in store bought chicken, Y, Y
2) gluten and yeast: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
3) nightshades: Y,Y, Y, Y except for jalapeno pepper in store bought guacamole, Y, Y
4) additives:Y, Y, Y, Y (which is why I chose the "natural" chicken with a bit of sugar vs. the "bad" chicken with additives -only had a little) Y, Y
5) aspartame:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
6) dairy:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
7) caffeine including chocolate:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y

8) stretch at least 3x this week: stretched and did floor exercise 2x (abs hurt from situps), N, Y, gym whoo hoo, Y, a tiny bit
9) more H2O: 128 (how's that?!?), 48, 56, 56, 56, 64
10) take magnesium supplements: yup and already they helped, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
11) smile more/bitch less, starting W: I"m trying, yes big smile, Y, Y

Last edited by canary52; 04-10-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

I swore after busting butt last week and not seeing results I would kick this weeks butt, and I DID I weighed in at the mall on the BIA scale, and found I've lost 2.7kg total (5.95lbs) and 3.2% bodyfat ^_^ Made me feel good about not giving up, and pushing myself harder instead. Guess I found the balance I need between diet and exercise. Still slipped up some this week, and didn't get to get all my exercise in as I planned due to erands, but hopefully next week I can crack down more. It shouldn't be as hectic, hopefully.

Fitness:

1) Keep Caloric intake between 1200-1400 & Caloric Deficit above 800 daily.
Calories
Y Y N Y Y Y
Deficit
NYNYYYY
2) Drink 2 Ltr. of H2O daily & NO soft drinks NYNYYNN Sodas NNYNYNY (but only one of those days was regular coke instead of Coca Cola Zero)

3) Incorporate more Green vegis into my daily diet through salads.YYYYYYY

4) Increase Protien and Lower Fat intake. NYNYNNN (Having difficulty with this)

5) 3 days 30 minute Yoga/ 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope/ 3 days 30 minutes of other Exercise/ 6 days of 30 minute minimum walk

Yoga- N-5min,N,Y,Y,N,N-10min, N
Jump Rope-NNN,Y,NNN
OtherExercise-YY,N,Y,NNN
Walk-YYY,N,YYY

-2 lbs weight loss goal-YES!!!! 5.95LBS

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Tidy up & do Laundry- YES

2) Finish off 2 lace projects I have for class & start new one for exhibit-
I Will be finished with First larger piece tonight.

3) Work on Husbands Anniversary gift- Not Yet, He's ALWAYS around

4) Give myself the good Pampering I didn't give myself last week- Nope, I give up on this one lol

5) Follow Quinns lead of "Smile More..Bitch Less". Y,N-Honestly tried, YYYY,N-not bad but grouchy

I have a few non fitness goals I'm giving up on because I just can't manage to get them in. As far as fitness goals go, think that since I have a fwe down pat I'll add some new ones in next week, but some are keeping me accountable..Been so busy running erands, but I guess it's good because we walk everywhere..so even if I can't get in my jump rope or yoga for a day I know I had a good reason..and got a few hours of heavy walking to replace it.

Everyone is doing Sooo good! So excited to see how everyone did over the weekend. ^_^
Old 04-10-2011, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

I know why I am so hungry: I'm tired.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Cassie, Almeeker, and Mern for your sweet comments about my positive attitude. I feel like I am a ball of nerves for so many things in life, so it's reassuring to hear that you guys think I have a good perspective on the school related things I mentioned. I agree with you, in the sense that a lot of things that bother others don't phase me at all, but I still am the type to lay awake at night fixating on something I said and feel bad about, or something someone else said to me that then I overthink.

Speaking of sleeping, last night was my sister's bach and I didn't sleep much at all! haha. There were 13 of us, and keeping that kind of group together is really hard, esp in crowded NYC. So many stragglers! I felt a bit like I wanted to ask everyone to do the buddy system and count off because it got a little confusing for me to make sure everyone was there. So, needless to say, it felt slightly disorganized and crazy, even though I tried to be organized. I've never done anything like this before! I'm pretty sure everyone had a really great time, so I'm calling it a success!

Food wise I was fine yesterday, amazingly! I think it's bc I was so preoccupied with trying to keep things running smoothly, *trying being the key word..heh.

I drank a glass of wine, a beer, 4 shots, and 3 mixed drinks yesterday! Somehow I wasn't even hungover! However, today I was so hungry and ate and ate. I just tracked everything on WW instead of Fitday but tomorrow I will use fitday. My calorific diet so far today:

pork lo mein, leftovers of whatever my sister didn't finish off her plate, an orange, lots of cheese, lots more cheese, olives, jam that i eat by the spoonful, chocolate wafers, lots of maple syrup with fage yogurt and peanut butter (wierd combo, but delish!), and some sliced ham. This is probablly 3000cals, maybe more. The chinese food was really oily (and tasted sooo good!).

i'm only eating spinach for dinner. for real!

Crimpet, thank you for the congratulations! The wedding date is now set, April 27th 2012!

Mike, regarding goals for the wedding, I hope to be fit and muscular (but still feminine-looking) for my wedding. Weight-wise, I'm fine being this weight, or of course a few pounds less!

Last edited by blackrhino2; 04-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, you did great on your goals. You'll get your energy back. Keep taking care of yourself.

Congrats on setting your date, Julia I sure hope you're still around on FitDay, because I can't wait to see pictures!!! I know it must be crazy getting your sister ready to launch; sounds like you had a blast, though, and that all your hard work was well-rewarded.

Some days that kind of food just happens (for me, anyway!). Dust off, move on, and know that it's a once in a while thing.

I have done great with food today (for a change) but I'm fighting the urge to take the organic graham cracker sticks I bought and scoop up massive amounts of peanut butter with them I love graham crackers and peanut butter! It's a dangerous time, having calories to play with and wanting things that could set off a bad run . I guess that's why I logged on.

Gonna get back to my painting so I can knock that goal out and read and relax for the rest of the night. Spring break's over and tomorrow is back to whatever passes for normal here.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Goal update for today:

1. Stick to calorie goal. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below. 48% No, 50%, 50%, 51%, 49%, 55% (but 38g fiber, so I guess it was good carbs!)
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes, No-throat too sore to drink much, No but lots of tea, No, Yes, Yes
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least). Yes-a whopping 8! No-6.75, no-6, Yes-7, Yes-7, Yes-8, Yes-7
6. Log everything, even cough drops. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head! Yes
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend. BooYah!
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers. Son's stuff done
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off. Yes
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub. I may wait until I'm done throwing money in other directions
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late! All done!

Overall, it felt good to have a productive day again. I was able to hit the tennis ball with hubby for about 45 minutes today before getting tired, and I got a lot accomplished around the house. Now I need to go to bed or I'll eat more, and I'm pushing it as it is .

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,850 all week. 2,326, 1,499, 1,801, 1,667, 3,107, 1,777, 2,339
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES, YES, NO YES, NO
3. Exercise 6 hours. 42 min, 0 min, 62 min, 121 min, 60 min, 60 min, 20 min (total 6:05)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +116, -603, -458, -1,088, +782, -316, +200 (total -1,567)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 40% or higher. (58% c / 13% p), (28% c / 36% p), (35% c / 24% p), (43% c / 34% p), (50% c/ 16% p), (41% c/ 36% p)[/COLOR](39% c/ 22% p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). A little, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call my grandmother and aunt. NO, NO, NO, NO, YES
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO, I actually called but did not get through - twice., NO, NO
11. Be a fun and entertaining mom, (kiddos are on Spring Break). YES, took the kids to see the butterflies exhibit and out to lunch. YES, took the kids shopping for shoes and out to eat. Maybe, I'm trying to teach them how to sew, which is a lot harder than I thought. Not so much, the baby screamed his head off for 3-4 hours, and I'm not exaggerating. Yes, helped the kiddos sew pajamas, little DD's are now finished (super cute) and she wore them to bed once already. Did some more pajama sewing, and then went and picked up a rabbit cage for the oldest DD. YES, got DH to take them to the movies.

Well I did it, I logged everything over the weekend and checked in on the motivational thread for all of 7 days.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

1) sugar: Y, Y, Y, Y except for a tiny bit in store bought chicken, Y, Y, Y
2) gluten and yeast: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,Y
3) nightshades: Y,Y, Y, Y except for jalapeno pepper in store bought guacamole, Y, Y,Y
4) additives:Y, Y, Y, Y (which is why I chose the "natural" chicken with a bit of sugar vs. the "bad" chicken with additives -only had a little) Y, Y,Y
5) aspartame:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,Y
6) dairy:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,Y
7) caffeine including chocolate:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,Y

8) stretch at least 3x this week: stretched and did floor exercise 2x (abs hurt from situps), N, Y, gym whoo hoo, Y, a tiny bit,no
9) more H2O: 128 (how's that?!?), 48, 56, 56, 56, 64,72
10) take magnesium supplements: yup and already they helped, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,Y
11) smile more/bitch less, starting W: I"m trying, yes big smile, Y, Y, trying

Cassie, you are always so supportive and caring, no matter what. Thank you thank you thank you.