Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-25-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

mern ~ thanks i'm slowly feeling better. right now it is just a pick axe pain at one spot at the back of my head much easier to handle. my son get's migraines too & he'll get nauseous & dizzy. i have noticed that he doesn't get them as much since he's been seeing a chiropractor. you did awesome keeping your calories under budget you go girl.

Lindsey ~ of course we can be buddies. i can always use another buddy. i heard they are calling for more snow here ~sigh~ plus i work for the city & get dozens of calls a day about road conditions & snow removal. very exhausting listening to people complain all day. we are really close in weight, but don't hold it aganist me that i'm a tad taller than you...lol...i'm 5'9"

almeeker ~ people are strange i don't think all want to see us fail though there are those that certainly do. i have a couple of people at work that if they think i get to thin say something, but they do it in such a sweet way...lol. one is old enough to be my Dad & he worries about me being a single mom etc. so if i loose weight he always nicely says he's worried that i'm not healthy (which i am) he just does it in such a sweet manner that i can't be mad at him.

wow lots of posts to try to catch up on. sorry if i missed anyone.

for the rest of the week my only goal is going to be jot down thoughts before i eat somethng. or if i want to eat something. that is it. it worked really well yesterday. i know it sounds like extra work & it is, but instead of running to get food i'm getting in touch as to why i want the food & if it is my snack/meal time i eat it. with each entry if i'm making the right 'choice' or 'keeping with what will get me to my goal' then i give myself a red star...lol. Here is an example of two little entries yesterday:
~ 2:22 pm wanting something sweet! not giving in!
~ 2:54 pm afternoon snack Healthy stuff. only goal food for me
corny i know but it makes me think & breaks the cycle.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and prayers for Chloe'.

behaze~ how's P90X going?

MollySue~ I hope you end up liking the low carn diet. I feel really good (clean) on it.

wildbeanerz~ a family history of bad health is a hard cycle to break, but it can be done. Focus on turning some of your goal answers to "Yes" and it'll fall into place. Good luck.

quinn, and cassie~ nope you can't watch. When I go on an eating rampage it would probably make y'all sick. The amount of junk I can put away is crazy. Have y'all ever head of Furious Pete? (I bet someone is going to google him). He went from battling anorexia (almost dieing) to a 180* turn! He's now a competetive eater and gym rat. If you want to see someone put away crazy amounts of food, check out his videos.

almeeker~ thanks! It may be a while before i can get it checked out. Once I get my taxes paid and I have room to breathe I'm going to get her taken care of. She's battled worse when she was a baby, so she's a pretty strong gal.

yunalee, good job on avoiding the fast food. How much longer of your 30 days do you have?

quinn (again)~ I know how excuses can get, that was the reason for my "Hey Fattie" thread. Have you ever read it?

Terri~ Thanks. Doing P90X got me use to cranking out pushups, but I still struggle.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ cyber ((hugs)) for chloe. i thought that 'hey fattie' thread was great. i would read it. it is crazy the excuses we tell ourselves.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - I have a Chloe too. I hope that you are able to get it taken care of before it becomes serious. My old guy Bones (boxer) had an interdigital (between the toes) cyst removed once. He was a big guy at 107 lbs and he was pretty well healed up from in it about a week. Hope Chloe heals up fast too!

Thanks for the encouragement. This is the first week that I put goals in writing and didn't even think that I would have to mark NO beside them but it is also a crazy hectic week so I guess as long as I am still doing what I need to and not going hog wild eating it will work out. You are so right though that overcoming a family history is tough. When I was a kid my mom was not the mother of the year. Probably why we don't even talk now or for the past 7 yrs but anyway....when we would be hungry she would just give us money to go to the store and get what we wanted. Chips, soda, penny candies, hoagies (sandwiches), nachos, pizza, anything that we wanted. It is very hard to overcome that.

All of you with the people in your families that seem to 'like the attention'. Yeah, I have one of those too. It's my MIL. She has had 5-6 stents, 2 or 3 heart attacks, weighs close to 400 (my guess) and is only 5'2", diabetic, neuropathy, on insulin, pain meds, heart meds, blood thinners, etc etc. And she stays at home on the computer 90% of the time. The only times she goes out are to the dr or to help with cub scouts. She does volunteer with them. But she doesn't even come to our house but maybe a time or two a year because we have steps. My kids love her but they know how unhealthy that she is. And that breaks my heart.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card:

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Keep calories to 1,400 M-T-W-T-Sat, 1,650 F-Sun. 1,546, 1,372, 1,392, 1,943
2. No grain based carbs for the entire week, including corn! Success, Success, Success, Success
3. Exercise 6 hours. 48 min, 48 min, 63 min, 48 min (total 3:27)
4. 96 oz water. YES, YES, YES, YES
5. Carbs under 45%. 34%, 43%, 40%, 45%
6. Protein over 40%. 44%, 40%, 40%, 20%

Other Stuff

7. Call SIL and find another race, 5/14/11 is not going to work out. NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Clean 2 rooms (15 min each) + 1 load of laundry. NO, YES and caught up for yesterday as well. 2 out of 3, NO
9. Figure out basement shelving layout. NO, NO, NO, NO
10. Write library proposal. NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Work on church design 2 hours (or more). NO, NO, NO, NO

Well yesterday totally didn't go as planned. There was a tiny bit of an ice storm, and when I say "tiny" I mean it coated the windshield a little, but the sidewalk and trees didn't seem to have anything on them. So the idiots that run the school district called it off for weather. So instead of having 2 little ones at home, I had 2 little ones and 4 bigger ones. So being the mom that I am, we went on an adventure, okay we ran errands and then I took the kids out for lunch at Chuck E. Cheese. They love it and truthfully the salad bar there is awesome. The grain-free thing is working so well that I wasn't even tempted to dive in to the pizza. Which is totally new for me. Things did get out of hand with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing on the salad bar, but considering how much I've eaten there before, 300 calories worth of dressing is almost a "win". I weighed up .8 pounds this morning, but it could be sodium, there was no nutritional information on the dressing, nor on the CEC website, so I really don't know how many calories or fat was in that dressing (but man is it good).

So today I had a much higher carb breakfast than I've been having. It's actually because I'm out of almond milk and used creamer in my coffee, I think anyway. So today I'm back to "feel like I'm starving" mode and have had cravings all morning. My proteins are low today so I've been trying to stem the binge feeling with Laughing cow cheese wedges and boiled eggs, but so far that's only taking the edge off. AF is due any second, so it could be that I just have to wait it out.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Yeah, I wonder how many people reading our posts are going to stand naked in front of their mirrors before they go to bed tonight??? LOL
Yeah, If you want to try, should look nake every morning instead of night (B/c at night we tend to look bigger after a day of eating). At least that what I see in myself.
Mai
Old 03-25-2011, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker ~ sounds like you did pretty good at chuck e cheese yesterday. today will pass...lol. do you have any fish or even canned tuna at home? i find that fish has a good carries a lot of protein power. mmmm tuna salad for me for lunch...lol. keep strong you can do it.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, glad you're feeling better. Although your description at "better" still sounds pretty intense. Hope you keep improving and feel well enough to enjoy the weekend.

So, I need to do an accountability post. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes trying to figure out how to log lunch. Tried a new restaurant with a new friend and we ended up with an appetizer (some Italian tomato-cheese-garlic-vodka dip thingy) I have no idea how to log. I've been googling to try to find something similar and no go.

For a while now I've been toying with the idea of not logging a day or two here and there but it's been like a security blanket for me and I haven't been able to let it go. Not so much the calories but the macros and the other info as well (fiber, fat breakdown, micros sometimes). I feel mildly anxious when I don't; it's such a habit now and it's worked for so long. Today may have to be the day to not fill in the food journal.

In the past, I've only done this on vacations and days when I was "off the chain," as they say here in the south. Therefore, I'm posting to help me stay on track and put it out there, and I'll check back in tonight with how the rest of the day went.

BTW, if Richard Simmons shows up in my mirror, I'm going out the window, naked or not. That's like those creepy commercials where the person wakes up with the Burger King in his bed

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-25-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I know what you mean about not being able to log what you ate while you were out. Hubby & I went for chinese for lunch Monday and it was buffet so a little bit of this and that from everywhere. Who could log that? Not me! So I just bit the bullet and made a custom food and called it chinese buffet and charged myself for 2500 calories. That way I figured I probably at least overshot what I really ate. May not have been the best solution though.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
BTW, if Richard Simmons shows up in my mirror, I'm going out the window, naked or not. That's like those creepy commercials where the person wakes up with the Burger King in his bed
I don't think you have to worry about Richard Simmons, even if he did show up it's not like he'd hit on you or anything. Now maybe Mike on the other hand...

On those calories, you can either just guesstimate it, or forget it, I sometimes just guess by entering what the ingredients might have been and approx how much I ate of it (sounds really yummy BTW). Either way it's a done deal, you ate it and it's over with. It's also Friday and maybe you just give yourself a break because it's nearly the weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.