Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

JJ, I saw your pic earlier. Nice progress! I'm glad things are getting better with your BF.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

JJ, big difference in your before and after! Good work, girl!

Terri, do we need to put you in a bubble? Please be careful with your hands this week

Hope, glad to see you again; I was wondering how you were doing. Hopefully spring is coming to you and others in the northern climes!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all our new members!

I haven't had time to read all the posts--extra busy this morning, but I will read them ASAP.

Lost only 1/2 pound last week. It's better than nothing and it didn't fall off all by itself--I did work at it. But I'll work harder this week.

My Sunday achievements:

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1374
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual only 10.9g
Protein target 120g, actual only 98.7g but that's fine considering my calories and carbs
Omega-3 intake achieved with flaxmeal AND Mike's Naturally More peanut butter

Water goal of 64 oz. not achieved. 20 oz. at the most. Gotta try harder! I know HOW to do it easily--just have to do it.

Exercise: Did 1 1/2 miles of a 3 mile power walking DVD. It's much the same as my 2 mile aerobic walking DVD, but at a much faster pace. By the time I got to 1 1/2 miles I was worn out, and both my lower back and hip sockets were hurting. So I quit, but was quite pleased I made it that far on a more challenging DVD.

This week's goals:

Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber 25g
Protein goal 120g
Daily Omega-3
Limit one piece sugar free candy per day
Limit three low carb soft taco wraps per week
Protein before bed

Water--be more strict about getting in 64 oz. daily

Bump up exercise: achieve for 1 1/2 miles non-stop walking at park OR 2 miles of the 3 mile power walking tape by the end of the week.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Everything was going okay, and then suddenly it wasn't going okay!"

That must be the theme for this weekend because I have been on the "CRAP , I consumed way too many calories, way too many sweets " wagon and that ride sucks on top of having to see how many calories I consumed I felt it. Amazing what sugar will make you feel like, and it wasn't pleasant. I think I got my fill however and won't be revisiting that for awhile.

JJ- great pic! Very inspiring

Goals for this week:
1) Make it to three 530 workout classes
2) Run 3 miles a day
3) NO Sweets and NO booze
Self Goals:
1) Take dogs on 2 walks a week
2) Try two new recipes
3) Read/ tan once this weekend
4) Applaud every workout, it takes effort to go!

Weigh in is after work, very nervous of what it will say :/ Hoping just for a few pounds...

Starting weight 2/28 - 166.6
Weight last checked - 159.2

Lost 7.4 lbs!!!

Goal Weight - 130 lbs by June 2011
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

julia ~ i love what you said about being able to live our lives & enjoy some moments & all they have to offer.

jj ~ looking good that's awesome things are going better with bf sure a big stress off you

hi everyone i'm here. was busy with work this morning. i don't have my goals set yet. i really want to have well thought out goals this week so i'm going to take today & think about it.

i had a bad day Saturday was really feeling down & beating myself up emotionally. i want to be true with how i'm feeling so that instead of pushing feelings down i let them come up & out. i tried on a shirt that used to fit me & even though i have lost weight it is still to tight & seeing that i just felt horrible about myself. i know it is silly, but that's how i felt. i want to get back to the place where i liked my body & that's about 15 lbs away.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hang in there Stacey, you'll get there.

Great pix, JJ. Inspirational.

I am not well today but I am going to try to stick with my goals and not give up. Can barely move but I made myself get out of bed to stretch. And the low carb I believe will help.

Cassie, dear, thank you once again for the welcome back. No matter where you are at, you always have a kind word and support for others. I hope we can offer you the same.

Spring is coming. Real soon.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

canary ~ thanks. sometimes i just wonder why this stuff even matters. other knowing i don't feel good this weight & will get to my goal again. while on the journey why can't i just give myself a break?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Oops - I changed this . . . the proper post is on the next page.

Last edited by behaze; 03-14-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

bhaze, ah, ya made me feel young again. I just got my Medicare card in the mail this morning, but it's nice to be close to 65 and a member of "the cool group." LOL I don't really feel as old as 65 sounds--can't wait until July so I can join the Y under the Silver Sneakers program. I LOVE your number 2 goal--"BRING IT!!! to my workouts every day." Ooh, I remember those days--my youngest, now 31, was rambunctious at age 8. Hang in there, when you're older you may smile at some of the things that drive you nuts today.

Caroline, welcome back. Aw, sweetie, no need to be embarrassed with US! We all have our slips and tumbles from time to time. Four pounds regain in that short a time could be carrying some excess water, too. Stick with it while it "drains off." I wouldn't be surprised if by next Monday you're back to where you left off. You're goals look great. Giving you a good luck cyberhug!

Cassie, I so enjoy the quotes from your son. One time I yelled: "Glenn, you're driving me CRAZY!" The wise then four year old calmly replied, "No, Mom, you're driving YOURSELF crazy." And he was right. We're rooting for you on your new goals. Remember that you can revise them upwards or downwards during the week if you have a better idea. I like your number 7 to help prevent a relapse, but I still think you were too hard on yourself for your going off the wagon. Big hug to ya.

Oh, Almeeker, so sorry about the iced tea keeping you awake and tempting you to nibble. Best wishes with all your goals this week.

Yunalee, glad you got your computer back! Congrats on setting up the great goals for yourself!

Quinn, my husband came out from painting the bathroom to see what I was laughing aloud about--it was your frosting smeared face and gravy stained shirt. I hope the weather stays great for your hiking. Oh, I think I'll grab a bikini and parade around at 5'1" 226.5 lbs. in front of people who annoy me--just for the fun of hearing them shriek. LOL

Renee, wow, congrats on not gaining during the holidays as most people do. Congrats on your weight loss so far! I want to be at 199.5 or lower by the end of June of this year.

aspikes, the motivation and encouragement on this thread IS fantastic. Glad you're a part of it. Nice goals!

Terri, spraining your fingers that way sounds sooooo painful! Lucky you didn't break them the way you fell. I'm sure the impact of the treadmill would intensify the pain. Golly, to have kept your cals at 1700 even with a bowl of white pasta and biscuits is incredible! LOL on the haircut causing some weight loss. Best wishes on your exercise, but protect those fingers! "It's more inspirational to hit a bump in the road and come back strong than it is to just be perfect all the time." You are so wise!

Mike, can't wait to read how you did on your planned control cheat day.
Best wishes on your goals the rest of the week. Oh, I made a pancake yesterday out of just eggs, water, and flaxmeal and topped it with a tablespoon of Naturally More peanut butter. Odd, but not too bad at all.

jjeand, you look great! Nice waistline in that red dress! Thanks for sharing the pic! Being short myself, I understand how much difference a 22 lb. loss makes. Glad things are better with BF. Way to go on the new clothes and rollerblades! Golly, best wishes on the cigs. As an ex-smoker, too, I am in awe of your success so far. Quitting is harder than those who never smoked could even begin to imagine.

Julia, you're welcome for the well-deserved compliment. The right balance comes from our own individual learning experiences and it looks like all of us here strive to learn and maintain that balance. It's different for all of us, depending on our own food, exercise, and lifestyle needs. It certainly isn't easy. But in my honest opinion, as long as we don't go totally nuts with frequent binges, and as long as we can get back on the wagon and recover, that's the important thing. I see from you're goals you're well on your way.

Muna, get well soon! I hope you can get plenty of rest and relaxation.

Mary, so you drank your dinner, eh? LOL Good control but I can also understand why Sunday was not a high energy day with lack of dinner the night before. I like the simplicity of your goals this week.

Rose, hi! Your own birthday among the other celebrations? If so, sending you a belated happy birthday cyberhug. Good for you on being extra strict this week. You can do it. How do you like your spin classes? I'm looking forward to spinning when I join the Y in July.

Hope, great job on getting the new writing class organized! Best wishes with your goals.

Last edited by Mern; 03-14-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

JJ, awesome achievement! And I'm so happy that your boyfriend is coming around. Hey, he might not be dieting intentionally, but cutting out the take away and substituting the Lean Cuisines or whatever won't hurt things a bit!

Stacey, give yourself a break! From the random posts I've read of yours, you're doing a fantastic job. That shirt WILL fit!

'Everything was going okay, then suddenly it wasn't going okay!' I love it! So cute.

To everyone who had a big weekend - brush the dirt off your butt and climb back on the wagon - it's going to be a great week. Keep the determination!

Mike, you asked last week how long I'd been doing P90X, but I didn't get around to replying. Answer: 1 day. Today will be my 2nd day, Plyometrics. But I have the absolute commitment to see this through right to the end of the 90 days, even though my chest muscles are currently quivering with trepidation. Well, I did better than I thought I would with yesterday's workout - and I did do the two 'free' workouts last week to get a feel for it all. Tony Horton is such a motivating trainer (I usually get annoyed at the bouncing beans that shout out, as they bop aerobically to pop music, 'Come on, you can do it! Don't stop now!' - I know I can do it, I don't plan on stopping, so just give me instruction, woman! ).

Oh, I'm adding one more non-fitness goal to my weekly goals - I had a rather indepth debate with one of my sister's friends through Facebook about religion and culture. Okay, I was being a smart-arse (but an eloquently educated one, thankyou very much); in the end she snapped and deleted all her posts because I caught her out in a hypocrisy and a lie, but I think I may have annoyed my sister. My new goal: Stop screwing around with people when I know they're just gonna get cranky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.